Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!!

+4
Gillian1808
bouncyDD
COOKIE
lil.miss.katy
8 posters

Go down

Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!! Empty Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!!

Post by lil.miss.katy 21st June 2012, 11:27 pm

Hi girls

Back from holiday today and had a lovely time. Was very careful...didnt go in water, wore my sports bra with vest and cleaned and dressed wound every day. My wound drained about a teaspoon of fluid (still serous, pale yellow colour) every day. I am starting to get anxious about it tbh.

I have not felt unwell and have had no fever but would say it is slightly more painful than the other boob which has no issues. I went straight to my clinic for airport, to get wound dressed and my PS wasnt there, but he will see me tomorrow.

I am going to question his opinion. He said PROBABLY fat necrosis, but from what I have read this is not that common in BAs and also symptom is more sensation of a lump - although I do feel on the side a slight air bubble/protrusion? which I just thought was the implant, (and have mentioned this twice when Ive been examined).....didnt think the constant weeping fluid was symptomatic of fat necrosis from what Ive read.....Im fearing it is a seroma (which two of the nurses who have dressed my wound have suggested)......which is scaring me, as it may develop into capsular contracture/or lead to more surgery ie implant being removed!!!!

I am seeing my PS at 5pm tomorrow and want to ask him all the right questions.....does anyone have any advice for me?

I am quite assertive, but obviously I want to trust his judgement....I just want him to consider the cause a bit more, as I felt he didnt perhaps take as much time with me last time/or ask me enough questions to come up with a sure diagnosis.......I think I should be getting an ultrasound or other investigation to take a look at where this fluid is coming from!!!!

Any help would be appreciated.....sorry for the ramble again.....will endeavour to make my posts shorter, its just a tad complicated :-(

xxx
lil.miss.katy
lil.miss.katy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!! Empty Re: Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!!

Post by COOKIE 21st June 2012, 11:37 pm

Awww sweetheart, it does sound like a seroma doesn't it Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!! 3682496823 Alot of time the body can just naturally absorb the fluid itself so maybe this was what your surgeon was hoping for and not wanting to frighten you? although if this were the cause, I think I'd rather have had the truth in the first instance so I knew what I was dealing with.

You're doing the right thing in seeing your surgeon ASAP hun, I surprised given how concerned you are that your clinic didnt allow you to be seen by another surgeon in his absence?? But at least you see him tomorrow. An ultrasound should help locate the problem hun and the sooner this addressed the better for you.

Will be thinking of you sweetheart and hoping all goes well. Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!! 571992 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!! Empty Re: Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!!

Post by lil.miss.katy 21st June 2012, 11:59 pm

I know Cookie, I will not be happy if he was holding back information!!!

He really did sound convincing about the fat necrosis and said although it was rare, it was nothing to worry about and he was not concerned!!

I did ask for another surgeon today but there was no one in the building available (the ones that were there were in theatre), and my little tootsie had a long day flying and needed to get her home, so I settled for tomorrow....

I am currently planning on returning to work in about 3 weeks after being off for a couple of months.....I also at the moment am spending a fortune on petrol with the constant trips to the other side of the city to get this seen to and plus the stress it is causing me.....I am determined tomorrow I will be getting some answers and proper treatment!!! Although they have been very accommodating and open to me returning with my concerns, its what they DO with my concerns that matters!!

Will keep you updated (lots of useful previous threads on here too.....so thanks girls)

xx
lil.miss.katy
lil.miss.katy
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd June 2012, 12:05 am

Good that you're gonna go in there to get the answers you need tomorrow hun.

I know before my infection was diagnosed, I lost a yellow liquid and was told this could be 'liquid fat' possibly the same as your surgeon had suggested to you, so it's still very possible your surgeon was being honest in his opinion babe and hoping your body would just absorb it, but sadly my investigation did confirm an infection for me, which was why I was so pleased for you when yours came back negative.

All isn't lost though sweetheart and I'm sure your surgeon will do all he can to ensure you get the best care needed to get this dealt with. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bouncyDD 22nd June 2012, 6:30 am

Awww..shame..Hope you get it sorted ASAP hun Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!! 184153 xxx
bouncyDD
bouncyDD
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillian1808 22nd June 2012, 7:58 am

Aww hunni it mast be such a worry!

sending you big hugs & hope you get some answers 2mw!

keep us posted!

hugs xxx
Gillian1808
Gillian1808
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 22nd June 2012, 11:39 am

Good luck for seeing your PS Katy, I can't imagine how stressful and tiring this must be for you! Hug

Keeping my finger's crossed the problem is identified and managed ASAP! Xxx
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by lil.miss.katy 22nd June 2012, 2:59 pm

Thanks guys - just heading off just now, so will let you know how I get on....

Alice, your new avi is amazing!!! Looking good girl....lets hope I get to show mine off with confidence soon :-)

Positive thinking.....this IS going to get sorted! xx
lil.miss.katy
lil.miss.katy
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 22nd June 2012, 3:04 pm

Good Luck xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 22nd June 2012, 3:36 pm

lil.miss.katy wrote:Thanks guys - just heading off just now, so will let you know how I get on....

Alice, your new avi is amazing!!! Looking good girl....lets hope I get to show mine off with confidence soon :-)

Positive thinking.....this IS going to get sorted! xx

Thanks Katy Hug I'm sure you will and you will deserve to show them off as much as possible!

Let us know how it went! Xx
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd June 2012, 3:46 pm

Positive thinking all the way babe! - Good luck!!! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lil.miss.katy 24th June 2012, 1:48 pm

Hi chicks,

Sorry took so long to update!

So good news and bad news I suppose!

Good news is, my PS doesnt think it is a seroma, as he says normally with a seroma there would be a lot more fluid, and it is usually clear in colour. (Mine is stra/pale yellow colour and prob leaking about 5-10ml a day).

Bad news is, he is not 100% certain what it is and is going to speak to his colleagues to see if they have ever came across it. He feels it still could be fat necrosis and the fact that Im a smoker is more than likely (bad girl :-() He knows I only smoke about 5 a day, but I am under strict orders to stop (havent had one since Friday!) and he has put me on a course of erythromycin again......I have to see him again on Wednesday and if it has not settled by then..........he may have to take me to theatre again :-(

Obviously, I was upset at this prospect, but when I said about the implant coming out, he stated that he doesnt think it would come to that, as whatever is going on, he feels it is superficial and my symptoms denote the implant isnt affected. He would be performing surgery for exploratory reasons and to give the area of fluid a good clean out, which he feels would solve the problem!

Oh girls, I dont know what to think....Im just trying to heal my body as much as poss over the next few days, taking protein rich food, not smoking, resting as much as poss and doing visualisation techniques on my boobie being completely healed and clear!!

Please keep your fingers crossed for my recovery and any useful tips or experience is greatly experienced from anyone who has had similar probs!

Thanks girls xx
lil.miss.katy
lil.miss.katy
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th June 2012, 1:57 pm

Got fingers crossed here for you lovely Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!! 1150991001 Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!! 1150991001

You're surgeon at least sounds very positive sweetheart so that's great! Would be very interested to know what the cause is though.... Really, really hoping wednesday goes well for you lovely. Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!! 571992 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 24th June 2012, 3:52 pm

I have my finger ,toes and legs crossed for you. At the end of the day you will have to to everything youre told to by your surgeon so you can get better as quick as possible. Sounds like you are doing a pretty good job . Take care and get better soon xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by suzi73 24th June 2012, 4:18 pm

good luck for wednesday, i have my fingers crossed for you too!! It seems yr ps is confident and positive about yr situation which must be a good thing xxx
suzi73
suzi73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 562

Back to top Go down

Post by bouncyDD 24th June 2012, 6:43 pm

Good luck hun Back from holiday and fluid still leaking!! 184153 hope you get it sorted out xxx
bouncyDD
bouncyDD
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillian1808 24th June 2012, 7:32 pm

Aww hunni! Fingers crossed this is all settled by Wednesday.
You sound like your doing everything right, just need to hope your body does as it's told! fingers crossed I settles hunni!
Big hugs xxx
Gillian1808
Gillian1808
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down