Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

leaking scar

+2
little miss new boobs
nat4andy
6 posters

Go down

leaking scar Empty leaking scar

Post by nat4andy 24th February 2012, 9:01 pm

Hiya ladies,
Iv had my dressings removed today and tonight I took my bra off to look at my new boobs and to wash them down. Iv just noticed that my bra sits on the scars and I felt the scar to see of they were ok and my right one at the end felt a lil wet. Like its leaked. My hubby looked and says its the scab coming off. I'm petrified somethings gone wrong so iv put another dressing on to stop the bra rubbing it. Has anyone had this before?? I'm freaking out abit sad smile
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

leaking scar Empty Re: leaking scar

Post by little miss new boobs 24th February 2012, 9:48 pm

Hi Nat this is the problem that in currently going through. My scab was getting stuck to my bra and came off before it was ready to. I ended up with a small hole in the middle of my scar that wouldnt close, I phoned the clinic and had to go back and get special net stuff to put over it and dressings. However my surgeon then decided that it would be best to get stitches put in, hopefully I'll get them out on Monday all going well.

This may not be as bad for you but I would give your team a phone just to be on the safe side.

Take care hope your ok x
little miss new boobs
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by hez1984 24th February 2012, 10:21 pm

Hi, i had my ba in october and had the same thing. it was a tiny hole the size of a pin ***naughty word*** that wouldn't close and kept on leaking, but they put gauze and dressings on it and eventually it did heal, just be careful not to get shower gel etc near it because of the perfume (which i know is easier then it sounds!lol)

if its clear liquid then i wouldn't worry too much, but if it becomes gunky then go in asap (i waited and i had caught infection so having re op in april!) but thats just my luck!!! it will just be your body that needs to heal and im sure it will be fine. im all healed up now - shame as im having to go backunder! lol

ask your sugery for lots of dressings and some alcohol solution so u change change it when you feel you need to rather than it feeling 'dirty' x
hez1984
hez1984
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 24th February 2012, 10:22 pm

Thanks lil miss newboobs. Iv put some dressings on both scars and ill ring on mobday. Going to see the surgeon in two weeks so ill ask him then. In the meantime I'm guna leave these dressings on so the bra doesn't rub. Xxx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 24th February 2012, 10:25 pm

Thanks hez, yes it was clear it was the smallest bit but still I'm freaked out. Iv covered them for now till monday when I ring. I'll just wash myself down and get shallow baths. I'm seeing my surgeon in two weeks so hopefully it wont get worse and ill see what he says xx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hez1984 24th February 2012, 10:31 pm

honestly, it will just be a naughty stitch or something! im trying to upload my avatar but cant :-( anyway, hope that everything is okay, im sure it will be, i kept thinking my whole scar would open up, forgetting i was stitchted together! lol. don't freak out, honestly, unless its pouring fluid then there wont e anything bad, its just your body getting rid of some excess fluid coz of the op, and being cut open etc xxx
hez1984
hez1984
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 24th February 2012, 10:40 pm

I got my first wound check today and the nurse said they were fine so its since iv had the dressings off. Iv got no pain I'm guna keep an eye to see if there's any leakage on the dressings tommorow. I freak out that my implant will fall out haha but its freak when something unexpected happens. I worry about my boobs like I did when I was pregnant and was worried about my baby all the time. :doh:
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by saralou86 25th February 2012, 12:31 am

crikey, i'm the biggest wuss when it comes to scabs/scars/stiches/blood etc!!! reading the first post sent a shiver down my spine lol!!

stuff like this is the only thing that makes me have reservations about a BA... but not big enough reservations lol, as I just dream of what it will be like on beach and that gets me through it!!!
saralou86
saralou86
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 25th February 2012, 12:41 am

I'm a worrier anyway but this sent me over the edge haha. I just keep picturing myself in my new clothes this summer to help. I hate being a worrier xx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 26th February 2012, 10:00 am

Looked at my scar last nite and it looks like a lil bit of the scab was pulled off but its still all healed and so I put another dressing on as I don't want the bra rubbing it again. Do any of you ladies know if I can buy some dressing stuff that allows it to breath but covers it so my bra doesn't make contact with it???
I'm going to asda today and there's s boots opposite so ill av a quick look to see if there's anything in. Xxx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MozElle83 26th February 2012, 10:17 am

Something with gauze should do the trick. Glad to hear that its healing up nicely.
MozElle83
MozElle83
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th February 2012, 10:36 am

Buy breast pads for nursing mothers :thumbs:

They are quite cheap so can be changed regulary, are slightly padded so offer cushioning, are designed to absorb and take fluid away from the body xx They are perfect :thumbs:

I had a bit of leakage for quite a while after all my ops and went through boxes of these as you want to keep the wound fairly dry xx

I also checked it all with my nurse and she said they were fine to use, ideal in fact xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th February 2012, 10:38 am

....and comfortable! Forgot to add they are comfortable to wear as opposed to gauze and bandaging xx :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 26th February 2012, 10:52 am

Thanks ladies,
Kay how did you place the breast pads coz I think if I just put them under the bra they will move about all over the place..I'm thinking of nipple pads for when your boobs leak milk the round ones, are they the ones??? But then again they stick to your bra don't they so maybe won't move about Xxx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th February 2012, 11:29 am

Yeah, the round ones hun xx the disposable ones that cost about £3.00 for a box of about 50 xx

I put them where the incision is with a little bit of it sticking out from under the bra band xx the band seems to hold them in place shrug I never had any issues with them moving around or anything, they just seemed to stay put xx More so than gauze xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 26th February 2012, 12:37 pm

Thanks Kay, ill get some from asda as I bought them when pregnant and were brill xxx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down