Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rib Asymmetry

+2
COOKIE
*Alice*
6 posters

Go down

Rib Asymmetry Empty Rib Asymmetry

Post by *Alice* 14th June 2012, 7:43 pm

This post is incredibly overdue for me but recently I've been coming across more women who also have a similar problem.

I've had asymmetric breasts since I can remember and having seen two surgeons both said the major cause for it was an uneven rib cage. On my left side my ribs are completely normal, but on my right they dip in. Its so incredibly obvious I don't know how I never noticed it before.

Are there many girls out there with a similar issue? And is there a specific name for a condition like this?

I've been warned I could suffer from a boob misplacement as a result, I was also warned that the implant could be "swallowed" into the gap which is what happened, resulting in needing a smaller sized implant on the other side than was expected.

I'd love to hear some info on it... I've searched high and low on Google since January and I've come up with absolutely nothing! x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Rib Asymmetry Empty Re: Rib Asymmetry

Post by COOKIE 14th June 2012, 8:24 pm

Maybe this is a good question for Mr Alvi, altw? :thumbs: Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 14th June 2012, 8:26 pm

Ohhhh great idea Cookie, I never even thought :doh: x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th June 2012, 8:29 pm

I'm sure there'll be a few women as well as yourself who will be interested in his response sweetheart :thumbs: Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 14th June 2012, 8:34 pm

I can't believe it escaped my mind to ask in both consultations never mind until now! x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina_Corrina 14th June 2012, 8:55 pm

Never heard of that, hope the experts can offer some good advice Alice xx
Corrina_Corrina
Corrina_Corrina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 14th June 2012, 8:58 pm

Thanks Corrina! x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 14th June 2012, 10:19 pm

I read about something called pectus excavatum, it could be a very mild version of it? I really dont know though.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 14th June 2012, 10:35 pm

misf1 wrote:I read about something called pectus excavatum, it could be a very mild version of it? I really dont know though.

I thought this but I checked it out and it doesn't look like it. I wonder about a mild case of Polands Syndrome but I've only looked at it briefly, some look by far worse than me extending to hands etc... but some look/sound very similar. shrug

May just go to my GP and ask if its common to just have bizarre wonky ribs before I go self diagnosing myself on the internet with rare, tropical diseases. Hysterical :doh: x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum_sassie 15th June 2012, 7:58 am

I have rib assymmetry and which then affects the projection of my boobs, I have the opposite to you, so my left side protrudes (rather than being concave) growing up I always thought it was like that for everyone because the heart needed extra room, now I know that isn't true. Even without boobs it was noticeable but now I have boobs I feel it's more so. BTW your new avi looks fab!
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 15th June 2012, 8:50 am

sugarplum_sassie wrote:I have rib assymmetry and which then affects the projection of my boobs, I have the opposite to you, so my left side protrudes (rather than being concave) growing up I always thought it was like that for everyone because the heart needed extra room, now I know that isn't true. Even without boobs it was noticeable but now I have boobs I feel it's more so. BTW your new avi looks fab!

Wow is it obvious it sticks out more than it should? Or does it just look like you have uneven boobs? Thanks also :flowers: X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum_sassie 15th June 2012, 6:19 pm

I don't think it's immediately obvious to a stranger, the position it's most visible is when lying flat on my back. My boobs are screwy anyway because on the tuberous deformity, but one does project more than the other, again I don't think it's obvious to someone who doesn't know, I just don't like the feeling of the prominent bones at the very top of my ribs, I wanna press it back in to where it should be!
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 15th June 2012, 6:25 pm

sugarplum_sassie wrote:I don't think it's immediately obvious to a stranger, the position it's most visible is when lying flat on my back. My boobs are screwy anyway because on the tuberous deformity, but one does project more than the other, again I don't think it's obvious to someone who doesn't know, I just don't like the feeling of the prominent bones at the very top of my ribs, I wanna press it back in to where it should be!

I've just replied to your PM so I will try not to repeat myself too much, do you know what caused the problem with your ribs? I did read about having ribs reset before a BA... I wish I'd looked into this but for now I'm happy with the results... I don't think I'll ever get perfectly symetrical boobs with it though, it would be unrealistic of me to expect so much. X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Parisgirl23 16th June 2012, 8:18 pm

Hi lovely!

Been meaning to reply to this since I saw it... I have one little boob and one big boob too! Stupid little boob letting the side down ha!

My left side is the bigger boob which is the one where my rib sticks out, my rib kind of scoops then pokes out but my collar bone sits higher than the other on this side too, strange.

Mr Clarke mentioned it and asked if it bothers me (which it does) and said he will try a bigger implant in the little boob but he's not sure if it needs it, reckon it's about half a size.

I'll let you know how I get on!

xx
Parisgirl23
Parisgirl23
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 16th June 2012, 8:54 pm

Parisgirl23 wrote:Hi lovely!

Been meaning to reply to this since I saw it... I have one little boob and one big boob too! Stupid little boob letting the side down ha!

My left side is the bigger boob which is the one where my rib sticks out, my rib kind of scoops then pokes out but my collar bone sits higher than the other on this side too, strange.

Mr Clarke mentioned it and asked if it bothers me (which it does) and said he will try a bigger implant in the little boob but he's not sure if it needs it, reckon it's about half a size.

I'll let you know how I get on!

xx

Oh please do! He had to downsize more than expected to sort out my asymmetry so I'd have faith in whatever decision he makes while you're under!x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down