Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asymmetry

+6
jen86
Malibu
kay
COOKIE
Peachy34
nix47
10 posters

Go down

Asymmetry Empty Asymmetry

Post by nix47 18th May 2011, 5:51 pm

I thought I'd start a post to share a bit about myself and to see if anyone is in a similar boat as me. I've searched quite a few forums like this and it seems there aren't that many girls out there, or maybe just too embarrassed to share?

I have had major asymmetry as long as I've had boobs, and always been horrendously ashamed of them. I hate seeing them, I hate being in bikinis and I hate feeling so down about them as much as I try not to! I feel like it affects my overall confidence, even when I'm fully clothed!

I currently wear a 34DD, my left breast is not quite a full DD but it's too big for D (they always so go a cup up) but my right cup is always left gaping, as my right breast is more like a C. My nipples are also in different positions. My PS is hoping to put in 225cc in the left and 380cc on the right. He said this should take me to a full DD.

Getting my boobs out for my first consult was petrifying, I was shaking and my heart was pounding but some how I managed! And I'm glad I did because otherwise I would just live in misery and not be able to do anything about them.

So that's me putting myself out there! I actually found it somewhat therapeutic and would love to know if anyone can share their stories! Sorry about the essay.

xxx
nix47
nix47
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Asymmetry Empty Re: Asymmetry

Post by Peachy34 18th May 2011, 6:01 pm

Well done hun for taking the first steps in your journey to new boobs! Hope all goes well and it makes you a happier more confident you! : )
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th May 2011, 6:05 pm

I wasn't born with asymmetry, I did however develop severe asymmetry caused by a rupture with distorted my left breast making it twice the size of the left.

Like you I too felt hideous, but I only had to live like that for six months, I wouldn't even leave the house I was so aware of the differences in my breast sizes, so I can sympathise a little, my heart goes out to you though having to live with sever asymmetry for a long time, I know how devastated I was even for that short time Asymmetry 571992

I also had the horrible moment of having to have your breasts that you have come to detest examined, the first time I had the most horrendous time with a surgeon simply looking at me fully clothed, asking me to stand before him fully clothed whilst he simply grabbed my breasts then dismissed me as if I was nothing, one of the lowest moments of my life, I couldn't have felt any uglier than that man made me feel that day.

Thanks second surgeon was wonderful and gave me a thorough examination and a completely different surgery plan! Thank goodness I demanded another surgeon, lord knows what I'd have looked like now in the hands of the first! and like you, when I KNEW the surgeon was doing the right thing, I felt like I was walking on air! It's a wonderful feeling isn't it.

I had an uplift, so had the same sized implants and my surgeon reconstructed my left breast, it was HUGE so there was no way I would have evened mine up with different sized implants to match the bigger, I'd have looked like Dolly Parton! haha

There's actually quite a few women here who have dealt with asymmetry hun, so you'll have a few women here to share with.

Wonderful to read you're so happy hun! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 18th May 2011, 6:13 pm

I had asymmetry and had different implant sizes to balance them out xx they are still not exactly the same size but a lot better xx

:good:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu 18th May 2011, 7:28 pm

Hi Nix47, I also had asymmetry and had different sized implants and an uplift on the larger side. They will never be perfectly the same but it is a great improvement. I'm happy with the outcome.
It really takes a weight off of your mind when it comes to wearing clothes or going swimming or buying bras. That was what it was all about for me...just to make everyday things like wearing a bra or choosing a dress just another daily task and not a huge issue. It is worth every penny! Best of luck to you!
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 18th May 2011, 7:51 pm

well done for going to your consultation!! it can be very hard getting them out...even to a surgeon! but u have to think, they r not gona be laughing inside, they see stuff like this everyday! Hug
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 19th May 2011, 6:00 am

hey hunni!
i also have asymmetry too.. HATE IT!
im 34B in lefty and NOTHING in righty :'(
also getting dif implants too to correct this.
ARRRGGGH i had the same experience at my first consultation too,,, i got the mean sweats and was shaking and ended up crying because i hadnt shown ANYONE before but im used to it now, i just want to feel normal!
Hope it all goes well for you
X
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by nix47 19th May 2011, 1:15 pm

Thank you for the kind words! And it's lovely for others to share their stories.. it makes me feel that people get it, as none of my friends understand!

Cookie: That does sound like an awful experience and great news you managed to find someone that listened properly, and from what I can see in your avatar they look AMAZING!

Malibu: I know not to expect perfect results, but I think a little bit of difference will be amazing compared to 2 cup sizes. Brilliant you are happy with them. My PS doesn't want to do an uplift on me at the same time, and reckons he can make it work with just implants, but if i'm still unhappy I'll have to come later. Also as I'm young he doesn't want to causes extra scaring. Little bit daunting but I trust him!

Tsmith: I feel the same now, the 2nd consult was so much easier, it was lovely not to feel like a weirdo, and that my PS was eager to help and very positive about getting the results I wanted! Good luck to you! Have you got a date booked yet?!

xx
nix47
nix47
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 19th May 2011, 1:19 pm

Hi hun, was just wondering if it doesn't work with just implants and you do need a lift afterwards you need to check with your surgeon if the lift would be free or if you would have to pay again. Not wanting to worry you, but it is worth checking.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nix47 19th May 2011, 1:29 pm

I did check, and I also asked him if there was no possibility of deciding whether a lift was needed while on the table. And I was told no, and then I would have to pay for the hospital fees for the second op.

The main issue about would be about evening out the nipples, as I'm still young the skin is still quite taunt so he doesn't think the lift will be needed and that the bigger implant in the smaller breast will push the nipple out slightly so it matches the other. There is probably only 1cm difference as it stands.

He doesn't want to cause unnecessary scarring for the sake of the odd 1cm or so. And I am prepared to accept that and if need be I can do a lift later, potentially after any future kiddies I plan to have!

xx

nix47
nix47
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen28 19th May 2011, 2:40 pm

HI. I had asymmetry too and had different size implants. I hadnt realised how bad it was until my hubby took some before pics the day before my op. I'd never seen them like that in a picture before and I was really upset. I felt really embarrassed and ashamed! They're still different but sooo much better than before and I've still got lots of healing time left so I hope they even up even more.

Good luck with yours, I hope everything goes well for you! Hug x x
Karen28
Karen28
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by nix47 19th May 2011, 9:21 pm

Oh Karen, I took photos for the first time the other day and I couldn't believe how bad they looked! I really hope the camera does something, because when I've looked in the mirror they didn't look like that ha! So I know how you feel.

So great you don't have to feel that way anymore, no woman should ever be ashamed of her body! Amazing that we have the opportunity to do something about it. :)

xxx
nix47
nix47
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by princess*Chloe 19th May 2011, 10:44 pm

hi
i had part unders to help lift the 1cm that was needed,so i didnt need to have uplift too... my surgeon cut deeper into one breast muscle to even out as my chest wall was v uneven, even tho boobs werent obv assymmetric... amazing what these surgeons can do! always worth asking all the diff possibilitys before hand! xxx boobsign
princess*Chloe
princess*Chloe
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 20th May 2011, 5:51 am

Yes my surgeon is the same!!!!!! she was wonderful and is really supportive! total life saver hehe

no i dont have an exact date but its in August.. Was hoping it was sooner but ohwell im just happy its getting sorted
And EWWWW yes i had the same with the pics :O i literally dropped the camera when i saw the pics. I had NO idea how horrible i looked.

JUST CANT WAIT TO FEEL LIKE A LADY!!
X
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down