Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 year post op help

+2
COOKIE
sequinssparkle
6 posters

Go down

1 year post op help Empty 1 year post op help

Post by sequinssparkle 5th June 2012, 6:27 pm

Hi
I'm nearly a year post op. worried that my boobd were different shapes eg right is slight dropped shape yet left is round and higher. Saw surgeon and he explained that boobs can never be same and there is 1/2 cm difference in height but it's not worth me going under again.

Can anyone just put my mind at rest. Are boobs the same? Is one dropped shape than one?
sequinssparkle
sequinssparkle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

1 year post op help Empty Re: 1 year post op help

Post by COOKIE 5th June 2012, 6:40 pm

It depends on the degree of asymmetry you have hun.

After my first BA, I did have a teeny bit of asymmetry, but nothing I would notice really and hubby never noticed at all. My second BA.... during my early recovery I had a big difference in size and shape and I was so worried that I would end with that result, but 3 months on, they evened out and mine are pretty much perfect now. I did however have an uplift though, so my surgeon was able to surgically balance my breasts out, taking away what was needed to gain good symmetry.

It's said that if you have asymmetry pre-op then having a BA will emphasize this post-op, but if you were told this may be a possibility of this happening by your surgeon pre-op, then unfortunately, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on if you were looking to having a re-op.

If your surgeon didn't point out any asymmetry pre-op or discuss the possibility of this being emphasized post-op and you think the asymmetry is enough to cause you concern and unhappiness, then I'd call your clinic babe and request a second opinion sweetheart. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess76 8th June 2012, 7:42 pm

Mine were assymetric pre op but I hadn't really noticed until the surgeon pointed it out and said the op wouldn't correct that, I took some pre op pics and yep, I could def see it. I had the same implants in both sides because they were the same size even tho one sat lower, and post op that odd one sits a bit lower, looks a bit flatter at the side and the nipple sits lower down, whereas the eight side is higher and rounder. The op has exaggerated it a bit (alhough i look at them a lot more than before so maybe thats why!) but when I look in the mirror I can't tell unless I look hard - in pics it's much more noticeable. That said, I've accepted that no two are identical and they look 200% better than before, so although perfection would have been nice, it was always flawed from the start given what I had to work with!!!
Princess76
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 8th June 2012, 8:20 pm

Cookie has already said what I would have in that if he warned you pre BA there may be a chance of asymmetry then you probably don't have much to go on, but if he never said this and a slight difference wasn't agreed upon I would go back and fight for a re-op if it was possible to be rectified.

I had very bad asymmetry pre op and my surgeon explained he would try and close the gap and make it more "normal" but they may never be exact. Most women with natural breasts have asymmetry to some degree as nobody is perfectly symetrical (apart from on very misleading photoshopped images growl ), a BA can fix it to some degree but if yours wasn't picked up on pre op then it could have been emphasised through surgery... Which your surgeon should have warned you about! :doh: X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 8th June 2012, 9:54 pm

Hunni mine r still abit different and also my ps said that they r never gunna b symmetrical. Only I can notice the difference hunni, don't worry xxxx
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by tootsara 9th June 2012, 7:11 am

Im having the exact same problem. Im 1 year and 2 months post op. I was told the only difference would be my nipples in height. Im now having to wear a padded bra because my Left is a DD boarder line E where as my right is a D cup. So leaving the left to hang in the bra and right im having to heave up, which id like to add hurts like hell when doing this. The left has dropped lovely but my right is higher and alot more round, almost like it hasnt dropped at all. Iv been back to the surgeon around 5 times now but like you he keeps saying two boobs are never the same and if he was to put a bigger one in they would look odd out of a bra. Sorry for my crap explaining and prob spelling lol iv only had the one cup of coffee this morning lol. To say this is getting me down is a understatement, you may think this is stupid but i cant even look in the mirror at them cos it upsets me so much. In a padded bra though you'd never know.
tootsara
tootsara
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 9th June 2012, 8:03 am

tootsara wrote:Im having the exact same problem. Im 1 year and 2 months post op. I was told the only difference would be my nipples in height. Im now having to wear a padded bra because my Left is a DD boarder line E where as my right is a D cup. So leaving the left to hang in the bra and right im having to heave up, which id like to add hurts like hell when doing this. The left has dropped lovely but my right is higher and alot more round, almost like it hasnt dropped at all. Iv been back to the surgeon around 5 times now but like you he keeps saying two boobs are never the same and if he was to put a bigger one in they would look odd out of a bra. Sorry for my crap explaining and prob spelling lol iv only had the one cup of coffee this morning lol. To say this is getting me down is a understatement, you may think this is stupid but i cant even look in the mirror at them cos it upsets me so much. In a padded bra though you'd never know.

Did your surgeon notice any asymmetry pre BA? I've had poor asymmetry and I know how awful and challenging it can be trying to find bra's that fit comfortably etc, I would definitely be putting my foot down if I wasn't happy Hug X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by tootsara 9th June 2012, 9:08 am

Hi altw,

I did point out to him i felt i had asymmetry 3 times before the op, he said it was ever so slight and the reasons i felt it was more than that was because i was very empty and the only differnce would be my nipples which i wasnt really fussed about. The bigger one looks so natural where as the right is high and round but his adamant that they look great and in his words much better than before. Iv pestered him so much and feel so upset that he just isnt interested. Iv even looked at whether i can afford to pay out to have it done again.
Its horrible trying to find bras, iv found one that i now have 5 of but im having to choose my tops carefully because the left is popping out and the right is alot smaller.
Im really lost about it all atm. Im thinking of writing him another email, think his sick of seeing me now lol.
tootsara
tootsara
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th June 2012, 11:36 am

tootsara, to have asymmetry with a difference of 2 cup sizes is just not acceptable no matter what your surgeon tells you.

You need to go back to see your surgeon again lovely. Take someone with you for support if you need to and write all your concerns down. It just makes things easier as it's easy to forget things when you're sat in front of your surgeon.

Insist that you are not satisfied with the result and you were were never told at any time during your consultation that you would be left with the degree of asymmetry you have now. If your surgeon continues to tell you they're fine, you then need to insist on a second opinion.

You don't have to accept this tootsara, you do however need to stand up for what you want from your surgery.

Sending you MASSIVE HUGS babe, I along with many others know what you're going through sweetheart and we're to help all we can, so lean on us all you need to sweetheart 1 year post op help 571992 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down