Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't wear these bras anymore :'(

+8
Kxx
misf1
roxanne
dizzydi66
COOKIE
abbie
2nd time lucky
SunshineLady
12 posters

Go down

I can't wear these bras anymore :'( Empty I can't wear these bras anymore :'(

Post by SunshineLady 3rd June 2012, 8:04 pm

Oh... My...... God I'm getting so upset with damn sports bras and Macom bras I'm actually about to burst into tears. hissy

My PS said not to wear a bra for the first week, then I got the all clear to start wearing a sports bra night and day from Thursday.

I started off with 32" sports and Macom, and straight away they started rubbing under my arms and around the waistband.

I've tried getting 34" Macom (which was too big and baggy) and 34" sports bras (which cost me nearly £40 as I was desperate and went to the only sports shop near where I live) and that's still too tight around the waist and digging in.

I'm in more pain from bra rubbing then I am boob healing and not wanting to sound like a cry baby but I just can't take it anymore! I'm nearly in tears, everything is hurting me so damn much and I don't know what else to do!! I have wear marks from every single bra I try and I feel really bruised and tender. They're making my boobs feel worse too. I just feel bruised and so sore.

What would happen if I stopped wearing a bra for a while? Why do I have to wear one 24/7? If anyone has been through this or has any advice PLEASE tell me because I'm desperate and about to start a bonfire just so I can throw every single damn bra into the middle of it :(

Help! 🆘
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

I can't wear these bras anymore :'( Empty Re: I can't wear these bras anymore :'(

Post by 2nd time lucky 3rd June 2012, 8:55 pm

Hun you need to wear a sports bra because they need the support while you are healing. If you dont wear one it can cause big probs and you may sag. I have had 2 b a and I wore cheap £5 ones from Sainburys and Asda . My nurse said they were good enough and I agree. I am sure Cookie will step in soon and give you the medical reasons why you should wear one. You paid alot of money and if you dont wear one and something goes wrong you could invalidate your aftercare !xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

I can't wear these bras anymore :'( Empty Re: I can't wear these bras anymore :'(

Post by abbie 3rd June 2012, 9:00 pm

they probably hurt because its still all tender. Put the bras away for a while, and get one of the cheapy ones from asda or something. Theyre about £4 and theyre only light support so very soft soft and elastic so are very comfortable, and will probably be better for you for the next week or two while youre still feeling so tender
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd June 2012, 9:05 pm

When you're requested to wear a breast band babe, it's to encourage the breast to drop if your surgeon feels you need to wear one. When having post-op checks your breasts are reviewed each time lovely to decide the next step to felt best for your result, in your case, it's to wear a sports bra now to 'support' your breasts to prevent them dropping too low, so ALWAYS follow your surgeons advice lovely and ignore that given to other women by 'their' surgeon.

Just like dress sizes can come up in different fittings depending on where you shop, bras also have the tendency to vary in size also.

Instead of spending lots of money buying new bras Sunshine, you could always cut the 'hook' fastenings from an old bra and stitch it onto the 32 band you have, so it just gives you a little extension to make things more comfortable.

Panty liner, rolls of cotton wool or even sanitary towels are great for cushioning any soreness or irritation to scars and the rib area babe. This kind of pain is VERY common, so don't feel like you're all alone sweetheart - You're not I can't wear these bras anymore :'( 571992

It's the swelling thats causing this problem right now, but it's not always going to feel this way Sunshine... It does get better. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzydi66 3rd June 2012, 9:06 pm

Awwww bless youI can't wear these bras anymore :'( 571992 i know how your feeling, my body is covered with marks from my bra's, really try and persevere with your macom bra soon you'll get to the point where you dont want to take it off because your boobies feel safer in it lol.

You will still feel bruised and tender hun, i still do now but each day it gets easier, but i really wouldn't go braless, you paid a lot for them and you need to look after them xxx
dizzydi66
dizzydi66
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 236

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 3rd June 2012, 9:24 pm

I hope it gets easier for you. I can see why the Macom might bother you under your arms if you're petite. Mine sits just under my underarms, any higher would be uncomfortable. It's still my favourite sleeping bra though, I hope you get on with it when your swelling goes down. I know you've already spent enough money, but I wore these in the first week:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They're super elasticated and stretchy, so won't make you feel restricted. I stopped wearing them as my daily bra though when I started going out an about more, the shock absorbers are much more supportive. But they may be what you need right now, though you may want to protect you incisions, mine were taped up, and still are, because I find they sit higher than my other sports bras. Plus they come in ten colours I can't wear these bras anymore :'( 4239681551, and are only £7. They're really elasticated and the band is very stretchy, I wouldn't recommend 34, even the 32 still has some give the the tightest setting. Also, should you want shock absorbers at some point go to ebay instead. I bought some for about £6 only because they're slightly yellow from the sun, though you couldn't really tell anyhow xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 3rd June 2012, 9:42 pm

Thank you all, I will continue to wear a bra, I just felt at the end of my tether with them! I've had an hour break without one but will put it back on for bed.

Cookie, that's a good idea with the panty liners/cotton wool, I was trying to tnk of something that might cushion the sore bits as loo roll wasn't working!

Roxanne I'm going to give those bras a try as they do look really comfy. The two sports bras I started off with we're those eBay slightly yellowed ones and they were too tight! I've ordered a 34 which I'm waiting for now.

I'm just glad that it's more common than I thought. I felt like I was going crazy!

Sorry for being such a drama queen and thank you all so much for your advice. Hug xxxxxxxx
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 3rd June 2012, 9:52 pm

The shock absorbers barely have any stretch, great when running, not so great with post op swelling. The 32 feels quite tight when new, it takes a couple of weeks to loosen, but there really is no give when you're swollen and in pain. I can understand why it's not ideal for you atm xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 4th June 2012, 12:12 am

Aw hun I remember the bra discomfort well, I tried everything, and it is just a matter of trying to perservere and it does get easier. I found that the swelling got worse throughout the day, so in the afternoon a cool ice pack on the sore areas helps with swelling, take some painkillers if you need to and try padding the band as cookie has suggested. It does feel like youve been beaten around your ribs, but it really will get easier
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 4th June 2012, 5:28 am

How are you feeling this morning hunni ?

xxx
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1198

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 4th June 2012, 7:19 am

Morning all, I am feeling better thank you, happier now I've ordered those Lonsdale bras and just knowing isn't just me experiencing this really helps! I expected the boobs to be sore but I never saw the 'bra chaff' coming and honestly thought it was just me yesterday!!

I slept with 2 panty liners under the arms of my Macom bra last night, it was a really sexy look! It's still sore but they definitely helped by not rubbing the raw bits anymore.

Thank you all again and sorry for the hissy fit!! Xxx
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 4th June 2012, 7:50 am

I know this feeling all too well! I can find it depends how I'm sitting... A shock absorber that is tight and supportive in the day when I'm standing around at work can suddenly become unbareable, tight and painful when I get into bed! If I'm sat around the house doing nothing I put one of my 34Ds back on, they're really lose around the band so aren't supportive enough for much more than sitting still but it gives my ribs a break! Try Tesco for sports bras, they're only £6 and the bands are quite soft.

It will be over soon though and it will all be worth it!x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th June 2012, 8:15 am

You've nothing to be sorry about babe I can't wear these bras anymore :'( 571992 Just another thought. I'm a tight bum, so cutting the hooks from old bras to extend my bras was the norm for me hahaha. But you can actually buy bra extenders hun which simply hook onto your own bra and can just as easily be hooked off. They really do help rather than forking out on lots of different bras whilst getting over the swelling period. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 5th June 2012, 6:16 pm

misf1 wrote:Aw hun I remember the bra discomfort well, I tried everything, and it is just a matter of trying to perservere and it does get easier. I found that the swelling got worse throughout the day, so in the afternoon a cool ice pack on the sore areas helps with swelling, take some painkillers if you need to and try padding the band as cookie has suggested. It does feel like youve been beaten around your ribs, but it really will get easier

Since you pointed this out, I actually did notice that it's in the evenings that it feels worst! I feel so silly that I didn't notice that!

Hoping my new bras come through soon and it's starting to feel better now (although the Macom bra still feels like its pushing down very hard on my boobs at night!)

Just wanted to say thanks again for the reassurance girls group hug
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillian1808 5th June 2012, 7:09 pm

Aww hunni I'm afraid I cannot offer any advice since i'm still pre op but just wanted to send big hugs your way & hope you find a solution soon! I can't wear these bras anymore :'( 571992
Gillian1808
Gillian1808
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 5th June 2012, 10:50 pm

Glad Roxanne mentioned the Lonsdale ones - they really are super-comfy. At first I had a shock absorber - paid a bomb for mine too - thinking I was getting the best and thats what I needed. It was hideously uncomfortable at the start with no give - fab for running (now) as has been said - but hard to wear day to day. I was shocked by how much my ribs were swollen too - but it gets better. Really felt for you when you said about plannin a bon-fire ... Id had a night like that too! Glad you are feeling better - hopefully the postman will have a package for you in the mornin. If not - is there a sportsdirect near you? they sell them instore at that price too. xxx
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 6th June 2012, 9:12 am

i found the debenhams gorgeous ones band was really comfy. I cant recommend these bras enough, although get a bigger band size
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by ann77 6th June 2012, 3:50 pm

I have the M&S zip up one which is comfy, as it doesnt have a band like the other sports bras, as it doesnt fasten around the back, so if you get that maybe in one band size bigger that should be pretty comfy, i forget i have mine on sometimes. i actually have been lucky this time round, as my scars etc.. stopped hurting altogether after about a month, but i remember the first op i had i was in a lot of pain, so i sympathise with you hun xx
ann77
ann77
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by ann77 6th June 2012, 3:51 pm

I have the M&S zip up one which is comfy, as it doesnt have a band like the other sports bras, as it doesnt fasten around the back, so if you get that maybe in one band size bigger that should be pretty comfy, i forget i have mine on sometimes. i actually have been lucky this time round, as my scars etc.. stopped hurting altogether after about a month, but i remember the first op i had i was in a lot of pain, so i sympathise with you hun xx
ann77
ann77
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 8th June 2012, 1:25 pm

Those Lonsdale bras were a lifesaver. Have been feeling soooooooo much better!
You buy a sports bra thinking you need maximum support....

Anyway, I'm wearing a binder now and will be for the next 4 weeks so I've got a new thing to moan about! :heehee: xx

SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 8th June 2012, 7:47 pm

Hows the binder hunni? I can't wear these bras anymore :'( 2238686527 :) xx
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 8th June 2012, 7:54 pm

Hey chick, It's the most annoying thing in the world! But I've only got to wear it 6 hours a day so I'm going to wear it at night yes

Xx
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 9th June 2012, 7:12 am

God i hope i only have to wear mine at night but to be honest i think i remember mr Alvi saying it was perminent for 2 weeks!! :(

Ill be moaning in sept and ull be lovley and healed! xx :)
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 9th June 2012, 8:39 am

Hehe! It's all a lot easier when you've got 2 lovely boobies reminding you why you're doing it. Plus you can moan away on here and we'll all want to help Give You xx
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 9th June 2012, 4:18 pm

Aaaaw thanks babe, sept seems SOOOOOO long away!!! I can't wear these bras anymore :'( 869500
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down