Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scars at 14 weeks.

4 posters

Go down

Scars at 14 weeks. Empty Scars at 14 weeks.

Post by Louise91 16th May 2012, 1:49 pm

Hey,

Im just wandering if any of you could help with how my scars should be looking. Im now about 14 weeks PO (of a second surgery, if that makes any diference), but my scars are still quite red. Admittedly, I haven't been the best with the old Bio-Oil but I have got better the past couple of weeks.

So how long it took for all of your scars to fade? And did you find that bio oil helped? Should mine have faded a bit by now? The scar around my areola is also quite lumpy in the parts that took longer to heal, which looks quite odd, cause it almost looks as if the skin around my areola has puckered.

Xxx
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Scars at 14 weeks. Empty Re: Scars at 14 weeks.

Post by COOKIE 16th May 2012, 2:08 pm

My scarring took a very long time to heal sweetness, at 6 weeks post-op I was advised to massage Bio-oil into them, but this made no difference at all, at 12 weeks post-op I was then advised to use Silicone sheets, I used Cica-Care silicone sheets they were expensive to buy and had to be ordered in specially through Boots chemist (I'm sure other chemists would do the same if asked). The sheets are re-useable though so over time the cost of them isn't so much...

It probably took a further couple of months before I noticed my scars starting to flatten out and pale, by about the six month mark they were looking OK.

The puckering around the areola is normal at the 12 week stage babe and for the majority of women it settles to a nice fine line circling the areola, but with any concerns, you should always ensure they are noted by your surgeon. I too had some puckering, but unfortunately for me it didn't even out, so because I had written documentation to state it had been an ongoing concern and was being monitored by my surgeon it made it easier for me to claim on my after-care for a re-op and I'm now currently wating on having scar revision surgery.

You're still very early in your recovery hun and often scars can look a lot worse before they get better. Just be sure to make your surgeon aware of your concerns lovely so they can monitor the progress of the scars at each visit for you and possibly advise as they see fit. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 16th May 2012, 2:56 pm

My scars got redder, even purple-ish around 3 to 6 months post op, and then got much much lighter from that point onwards. They're almost invisible now.
Luckily I'd read on here about them getting darker before fading so wasn't toooo worried (well maybe a little bit) but it's really true, it's a long waiting game so you needn't worry yet. x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 16th May 2012, 8:24 pm

Agreed :thumbs: They definitely go a lot darker / purpler before they start to lighten xx Can take up to a year to fade sometimes xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down