Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having a nightmare with Mybreast

+4
misf1
roxanne
COOKIE
Soutty123
8 posters

Go down

Having a nightmare with Mybreast Empty Having a nightmare with Mybreast

Post by Soutty123 15th May 2012, 10:39 am

I had a breast uplift and augmentation with Mybreast in January 2011. I very quickly noticed something was wrong as my implant had migrated to my armpit. I had revision surgery in April 2011.

My implant never really settled but I assumed this was due to the re-op. Unfortunately it then migrated again. My surgeon admitted that he obviously hadn't solved the propblem during the revision surgery.

They now want to charge me for the hospital costs of sorting it out, relying on a clause which states that they are only covered within a year of the operation - yet the problem was within the year of the re-op.

Seriously, anyone thinking of paying through the nose for Mybreast's fabulous aftercare - think again - it's not worth it. I paid nearly 8k and have to wear padded bras. Another problem is he didn't correct a size difference and still refuses to so whatever happens I will look lopsided.

What would you do? Am considering going elsewhere and claiming from Mybreast as I don't have much faith in it being dealt with properly which is not good if I have to fork out over £1000.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Having a nightmare with Mybreast Empty Re: Having a nightmare with Mybreast

Post by COOKIE 15th May 2012, 10:55 am

You need to put your complaint in writing sweetheart ensuring it's also sent by recorded delivery so you have proof of reciept.

Detail all dates of visits and providing you complained before the end of your aftercare date you are within your rights to make a claim on that.

State that your aftercare for your re-op should have started from the date of 'that' operation and as this is an 'ongoing' problem from your initial op and therfor either way you should still be covered.

I think with MyBreast when a written complaint is recieved your complaint then goes to a board of surgeons to make a decision on to ensure you get a fair decision. As your surgeon has already admitted fault that he got the revision wrong I do feel you will have a strong case sweetheart, so don't give in. Many clinics will try and dissuade you from pressing further with a complaint but if you believe you're in the right babe, it might hard, it may be very emotional but it's worth the fight hun.

We'll be here to support you all we can hun should you need us Having a nightmare with Mybreast 571992 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 15th May 2012, 11:02 am

Thank you for your quick response. I know they can't rely on this clause, it's just upsetting that they are trying it on like this. I paid over the odds to have my surgery and did not expect to be treated like this in the event that something went wrong.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th May 2012, 11:53 am

I completely understand your upset Soutty - Been there, done that, paid just as much as you and still waiting on further revision.... It's an emotional and difficult journey if you have complications sweetheart and my heart goes out to you. But do try and stay strong sweetie, you're not alone, many of us here have been where you are hun, stuck by our guns and won!

So stay strong Soutty. Hopefully this will be all resolved for you soon. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 15th May 2012, 3:37 pm

First I'm sorry you're going through this Having a nightmare with Mybreast 571992

Cookie's given you excellent advice. It sounds like the person you spoke to is trying to pull a fast one on you in the hope you'll drop the matter. You need to make a formal complaint in writing. It will go to the Mybreast board of surgeons, so they can assess the situation.

If it makes you feel any better, I've been on boobie forums for a couple of years, and the ladies who've needed reops at Mybreast seem to have had very little problems getting their reops for free. The only consistent complaint so far has been that their administration isn't the best, and can be slow at times, but they end up delivering in the end.

I hope you don't mind me asking though, why did it cost you 8k? I had an uplift and ba at Mybreast too. The price I was given, as well as all the other ladies that I know of who've had the same procedure is £5800 xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 15th May 2012, 4:03 pm

They have just emailed me back saying that if I take things further they will charge me more than the £1,100.00 they expect me to pay now.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th May 2012, 4:24 pm

Thats awful!

What date did you have your revision surgery babe and what date did you go back with your concerns and your surgeon admitted blame?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 15th May 2012, 4:44 pm

My mistake - it was £5,800 actually.

I had my re-op in April 2011 and contacted them in the first week of February this year.

I saw the surgeon three times I think after the initial operation and he thought it was fine and just needed to settle. After Christmas I was changing in the gym and leaned forward and saw this huge hard bulge at the top and my empty breast and nipple in the mirror and realised it had migrated again.

I emailed the girl who I'd dealt with previously. She didn't respond. I phoned up and she wasn't available. I left a message for her. She didn't call back. I then rang again a few days later and caught her. She made an appointment for me to see my surgeon. I saw him with my husband and he confirmed that the revision surgery hadn't worked and that I needed a re-op. I waited and waited and after about 5 weeks I spoke to the girl who said she hadn't got round to doing anything but would come back asap. Then she phoned and told me I'd need to pay 800-1000 worst case scenario. I went berserk and she said they'd try to do their best. Then today I got an email from the head of operations and he said he'd been negotiating hard with the hospital and had secured me a deal of 1150.

I said I won't accept that - he says if I take things further I will be charged even more.

Not good is it?
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th May 2012, 4:58 pm

Surely your after-care cover for the revision surgery would have begun from the date of your re-op? If that's the case you would have been 10 months within your policy so I'm not understanding why they're being so unreasonable to be honest? Having a nightmare with Mybreast 267328

Is there something in your aftercare policy that states you're only entitled to one revision within the year of cover?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 15th May 2012, 8:01 pm

I would take it further hun, the citizens advice will be able to provide legal advice for how to procede and may even help you write letters
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 15th May 2012, 8:17 pm

Have a look HERE

It's a web site you can use to make a civil claim against a company xx

I would write and tell them in no uncertain terms that you will not pay these costs xx

The service they have provided is not fit for purpose and you are covered by the sale of goods act hun xx don't let them intimidate you xx

Feel free to PM me if you want any help or have any questions xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 16th May 2012, 8:13 am

That's not right, there's no way they should be giving you an ultimatum like that. You shouldn't pay a penny for the surgeon's errors anyhow. The ladies have already given you great advice, best of luck xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by georgiana76 16th May 2012, 8:34 am

Oh hun this is awful nope DEF fight, do not give up and go elsewhere!!!!
Your surgeon has admitted he hasn't solved the problem, I'm pretty sure this put's them on dodgy ground.
Good Luck hun, the girls on here are all fabulous with their advice so you have lots of support xxxxxxx
georgiana76
georgiana76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 604

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 16th May 2012, 8:59 am

Thank you girls. You are right I shouldn't give up. It's so annoying though because if only I'd contacted them in December rather than February they wouldn't have been able to say this. The thing is, the surgeon said you have to allow up to a year for them to settle - how then could I have reasonably brought this to their attention within a year of the original operation?

The only other thing is, the surgeon will not bend on changing the size of the implant in that breast and he was adamant from the outset that it wasn't necessary (even though he noted that it was smaller than the other one at the initial consultation) but it is so much smaller than the other one. Perhaps when the migration issue is sorted out it will be ok. But it's going to be so hard to tell if it's worked again as my other bigger breast has dropped - the right one is about 2 inches higher.

It's all such a mess.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th May 2012, 11:08 am

Ahhhhhh.... They're claiming you're now outside of your after-care policy as they're going from the date of your original surgery...

I know when I had revision surgery at Transform, my aftercare was
renewed to then start at 'that' date. So do check whether your aftercare
would have been renewed from the date of your revision. If it was then you ARE still within the terms of their after-care policy.

If it's MyBreasts policy 'not' to renew the after-care policy after revision and you then approached them after the termination of the contract then they 'MAY' have a case.

What I don't like though is the bullying tactics they're using on you - "If you don't take this offer and continue your complaint the re-op will cost more" That's just shameful! Having a nightmare with Mybreast 221105

You've been given amazing advice by the girls Soutty, don't sit back and be bullied this way hun. You're not going to lose anything in seeking further advice are you sweetie, so I'd take things a step at a time, go to the citizens advice bureau and seek help from them babe, they should be able to at least give you enough information to take you to your next step (whether or not it's worthwhile proceeding with a claim).

I've been were you are hun and had some hidden clause thrown at me too when I needed revision surgery which ended up costing me a further £3500. But I really had exhausted every avenue and got 2 discounts to get to that price before I agreed because I'd literally hit a brick wall.

I know what an emotional toll this takes on you lovely, it's bloody hard and effects your whole life! But do press on hun, it really is worth it. Having a nightmare with Mybreast 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 18th May 2012, 7:59 pm

Omg, I am so sorry you have had to go through this and sooo disappointed to hear it's with MyBreast as I am with them and further more due revision surgery this August!

I am praying to god my re-op works and I don't have to face what you are going through now. I honestly would have thought that your 1 year cover should have started again from your revision surgery date as as you say they tell you that you need to wait a year for them to settle before they will do anything anyway. If thats not the case they are pretty much saying that you only get one re-op if they balls up!

I hope you get this sorted, don't back down hun. I honestly feel for you as I know how emotionally draining and worrying it is trying to get things fixed. Good luck xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 19th May 2012, 6:22 am

Hi. Oh dear. I hope your revision surgery goes well. What are you having done honey?
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 19th May 2012, 12:28 pm

Hi Soutty123,

I am having a re-op due to both implants bottoming out causing my nipples to be way to high. I had an uplift with implants but straight away my nipple height wasn't right. Like you I had to wait a year for them to settle but I knew my nipples wouldn't get any lower! infact they just got worse. Got the ok for revision surgery and like I say above, i'm praying it works. I so hope things work out for you xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 19th May 2012, 5:28 pm

Thanks hun, same to you xx
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 23rd May 2012, 3:09 pm

The 1st thing you should do hun it put this all donw in writing to them, I find that companys if delt with over the pgone will try & "fob" you off, you need it in writing...........do this 1st & see what responce you get, also add that your seeking lgal advise 9 this will help)

If you dont get the rsponce you want then I would take all your letters & all the info you have & get legal advise...they will tell you your best options & look intoi the contract & tell you if their reasons stand ( which seems clear to me they do not) if they feel your right they will fight it for you, most do a no win no fee case........

Either way hun Im sure you can get this sorted, just stay strong & make sure you mean bussness when you talk to them :thumbs:

xx
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down