Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a nightmare.

+2
louise28
RexieP
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is a nightmare. Empty This is a nightmare.

Post by RexieP 22nd December 2013, 12:30 pm

So I am sick to death of this now. Have asked my surgeon to call me on monday. Here is my list of issues:
1. My left pocket is too high and totally not filling my breast.
2. I have a lump that is attached to my implant, waiting for an ultrasound.
3. My surgeon did not advise me at all about muscle distortion and the pulling feeling makes me feel sick.
4. I can no longer wear low cut tops or do my pole fitness class because the muscle distortion looks so disgusting and I have to carry my children which makes it really obvious.
5. I regret having them redone and wish I had just lived with the rotation I had before.
6. They are far too full at the top and empty at the bottom which is exactly the look I did not want and my surgeon knew that.

So, my question is do you think my surgeon will redo them for free? I think he should as I feel I was badly advised and that I had them redone to fix a minor issue only to come out with a whole set of problems. I can't sleep, I think about all the time and I feel sick and teary and depressed. 

This is really getting me down now :'( How soon can I have them fixed? Is it possible to have surgery again like 2 or 3 months after? 

Please help me ladies this is taking over my life.
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

This is a nightmare. Empty Re: This is a nightmare.

Post by louise28 22nd December 2013, 12:39 pm

Aw Rexie, so sorry to hear you down like this, the only thing I can offer is a big cyber hug and send you some cyber love, there, there , you really get so attached to everyone on here and I wish I could wave a magic wand to fix it for you hun.x
louise28
louise28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 900

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie12 22nd December 2013, 12:51 pm

I have asked my PS when could I have my boobies redone if I was not happy and he said after 3 months.. But I think that yours boobies still need to settle hun xx

Oh, and normally you still need to pay GA nd hospital fees xx

But I would honestly wait for them to drop and fluff cos then they will look loads better xx
blondie12
blondie12
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 883

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd December 2013, 1:10 pm

RexieP wrote:So I am sick to death of this now. Have asked my surgeon to call me on monday. Here is my list of issues:

oh sweetie! I really feel for you I honestly do, but I'll be honest hun. Its not likely your surgeon will consider a re-op until you're at least 6 months post-op IF they feel you need it then.  Hug 

Many of these things that's are botching you though could be simply natural course of healing? 

1. My left pocket is too high and totally not filling my breast.

If this was the breast that suffered the rotation, it may well be that that your surgeon will have tightened the pocket. Its highly unlikely he will have raised it all unless the positioning was wrong before and from I think I know.... The position was fine wasn't it?

so it could be that its taking a little time for the implant to to drop, which is VERY common at 6 weeks post-op to have one boob higher than the other regardless of the pocket maybe being a little tight if that's what it could be. Seeing your surgeon though will help and it may be that the breast may need a little encouragement to drop which happens to many to many of us, including myself babe. My right breast didn't even start to drop until 10 weeks  and it was a further two before they even out..

2. I have a lump that is attached to my implant, waiting for an ultrasound.

I hope this ultrasound is soon babe. This won't be in relation to your BA though and I'm hoping that its just a cyst hun which are very common.  Hug 

3. My surgeon did not advise me at all about muscle distortion and the pulling feeling makes me feel sick.

When having partials, surgeon should always explain the risks involved and I'm sorry yours don't hun. Xx

4. I can no longer wear low cut tops or do my pole fitness class because the muscle distortion looks so disgusting and I have to carry my children which makes it really obvious.

This really should be discussed with your surgeon babe and if the distortion is bad, I'm sure your surgeon would be happy to do a placement change and simply change them again from partials to overs.

5. I regret having them redone and wish I had just lived with the rotation I had before.

Going through recovery after revision is awful. Every sense is heightened because you know what you're looking for and with every twinge you think you've found it. But time really is a great healer and its amazing what even a week can do in terms of recovery, but through revision that week really can feel like a year and when I read your posts I can relate in so many ways.... But trust Rexie, whether its another re-op you need or not, I promise you, you won't regret this. I know its hard right now, but think about having them removed now and going back to square one and think about how you felt after you had your first surgery.... You WILL have that feeling again Rexie, so stay strong hun. 

6. They are far too full at the top and empty at the bottom which is exactly the look I did not want and my surgeon knew that.

At 6 weeks this really VERY common. It can often take a LONG time to drop, for me it 12 weeks so in comparison to myself, you're only half way way there yet babe... I'd give them a little more time before judging them babe.  

So, my question is do you think my surgeon will redo them for free? I think he should as I feel I was badly advised and that I had them redone to fix a minor issue only to come out with a whole set of problems. I can't sleep, I think about all the time and I feel sick and teary and depressed. 

This is really getting me down now :'( How soon can I have them fixed? Is it possible to have surgery again like 2 or 3 months after? 

Please help me ladies this is taking over my life

As I said... It'll be around 6 months before you'll likely be given a re-op. This isn't only to give time for everything to settle, but to also give your body time to recover after surgery.

if, after all your healing is done, which it really isn't yet Rexie, then your surgeon should revise any problems they feel needs sorting for free. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 22nd December 2013, 1:19 pm

Thank you so much ladies.  Cookie your advice is as always amazing. I feel bad for moaning over and over about this. I think I really do want them changed back to overs, I hate the pulling feeling when my muscles tense it turns my stomach and thats without even looking at them! I am just so upset that I 'fixed' better boobs than I've got now :( 

Is it quite simple to change the placement? I mean is as big an op as the augmentation - same recovery process/time etc? I am happy to pay the hospital costs but I can't afford to pay for yet another op I've spent £10k already. 

I'm so sorry to moan and moan, really don't want to be a misery guts at Christmas but its like I'm obsessed with it all! 

Thank you ladies xxx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd December 2013, 1:40 pm

Ohhhh sweetheart, this is a 'support forum' and the anger, the frustration, the upset, the pain...these are all things we can relate to and help you through Rexie  Hug 

You're not 'moaning' at all. 

One of the best things that will help you through this Rexie is...talking. From personal experience I know myself how hard revision can be and how it can as you said 'take over your life' and it gets that way where you want to stop going on to your lived ones and those around you in real life, because you either want protect them from seeing you go this. Or... You get the feeling they're tired of hearing about it.

Well we're not Rexie. And we don't need protecting... We will stand by your side hun and hold your hand through this for as long as you feel you need us. 

About the change of placement.... This really is a simple op with very fast recovery and if your feels it does require revision then I'm sure this would be done free of change seeing as it would have been a surgeons error. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 22nd December 2013, 1:47 pm

I'm sooo sorry to hear what your going through! I can't relate to the re op but can when it comes to a worry taking over your life and making you feel so down so sending you a big hug!
I think cookies advice is amazing.. I hope the ultrasound comes back fine... I have also been told that if I wanted further surgery (areola reduction) then I would have to wait 6 months minimum.
We will all be here to support you and follow your journey... I hope that over the next few months of healing, all seems to get better and even if you do want a change of placement, like cookie said above, healing time should be much quicker xxxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 22nd December 2013, 1:52 pm

Aw Cookie that is so reassuring thank you so very much. It definitely helps to know that I have options, puts a little light at the end of the tunnel. I'm going to speak to my surgeon on monday and make sure that he notes all my issues and will discuss the possibility of placement change with him so its at least on record if it comes to me needing it eventually. He is a great guy so I am hopeful he will be understanding and agree. 

I really don't know what I'd do without this forum, my husband is at his wits end with me being upset all the time and even said he wishes I hadn't done it as he hates seeing me so down and upset.

Its exactly like you say Cookie, I feel like I've whinged to my friends and family so much they deserve a break! This place is truly great xx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 22nd December 2013, 1:53 pm

Thank you Jenniferrf1, its so tough isnt it. Such an emotional rollercoaster :( x
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd December 2013, 2:00 pm

Rexie, through 3 ops my hsuan ad was a rock. He never wanted me to have this surgery and is very anti-elective surgery. And although he has never supported me having the BA, he has always supported my decision 

But after the 3rd, I had a heamatoma and it was awful and my husband sat there in the room and went though everything with me as they rushed me back into theatre. This was the only time he looked at me and was tearful and said he wished I'd never had it done. Seeing him that upset broke my heart and in that moment Rexie, I agreed with him. I'd had enough, I was emotionally exhausted and had just about had enough.

The recovery after was hell and its been bloody hard a surgery later (again) and I came through the other side. After 4 years, I finally feel 'like me' again.

You WILL feel like yourself again Rexie and this place was and is my sanctuary.... I hope you too can it to be yours also  Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 22nd December 2013, 2:03 pm

Wow Cookie that sounds like a hell of a journey you've been on, I'm sorry to hear you went through that. I know exactly what you mean though and I think it must be so hard for our husbands to see us put ourselves through so much pain and grief. My husband always says he wishes I could see myself through his eyes so I would see how beautiful I am. I never believe him but I sometimes wish I could see myself how he sees me as then maybe all this would be irrelevant! Xx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd December 2013, 2:24 pm

Our loved ones are always perfect aren't they  Heart 

But we all have to live in the here and now and you weren't happy Rexie. But you WILLbe hun.... You'll get there babe. Just as I did  yes  Hug  Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 22nd December 2013, 2:44 pm

I really hope so. Soon I hope! Xx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 22nd December 2013, 9:26 pm

Rexie ive only just seen this!!

your a wee soul and def not a moaner ive not been on as much cause im struggling after this reop but thats a diff story

As for the distortion your surgeon should really have said something to you about this i was told from the beginning

Also my surgeon said last time and this time that he wont do a reop til after the 6 month mark, 1 cause its not great on your body (if you dont an op then he siad that he wont operate til need be, but that could be diff for every surgeon?) also it can take that long for the breasts to drop etc etc

would this reop not get paid for as its a complication from a an op?

I can totally understand when you say you wish you had never done it but I wish id never done it all full stop, its been a very long year

but please feel free to come and talk whenever you want thats what we are here for xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 22nd December 2013, 10:16 pm

Aw Tink whats happening with you? Please feel free to offload on me if you want to get it out, we are in very similar situations after all. I haven't been on much either as I was trying to put it out of my mind. Didn't work :( My PS did say at my check up that if he needed to do something to make it right then thats what he will do, so I have taken that to mean that he will fix it if necessary but I plan to confirm this with him when we hopefully speak on the phone on monday. 

I think I can probably come to terms with the muscle distortion for six months if I have to but I do hate it immensely right now and the sensation makes me feel sick. Its so unexpected like cutting bread earlier tonight or reaching to lift up my toddler. Takes me by surprise and turns my stomach! 

I have to wear my sports bra for another 6 weeks and massage but wear nothing at all at night all to hopefully help leftie drop.

Anyway, I hope you are ok lovely please feel free to vent too! Hell I do it enough!
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 23rd December 2013, 12:01 am

Still not seeing much change with dropping even.in this band but im being positive in thinking im only 4 weeks post op. Im still sore well more of an ache in my back and lower boobs

Its def taken me by surprise how stressful a reop can be

Before my reop my muscles used to "clamp" my.implants is that how urs feel? 

Set urself little timelines to reach
 like make ur next one 6 weeks when ur out a sports bra. Mine is when my next visit to surgeon is.so 11th jan

Same to u if u dont want to post. Message me xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 23rd December 2013, 7:24 am

Is your avi since your reop Tink? If it is they look awesome lovely. 

That's a really good idea about the little timelines I'm going to do that. They don't feel clamped no they actually feel quite soft its just my left one feels like its bunched up inside my breast if you know wjat I mean?  Like I can feel it 24/7 like a foreign body inside me. My right one feels like mine already aside from the muscle tensing moments *shudder*! Its possible I'll get used to that though yeah? 

I really hope yours will drop hun, I know exactly how you feel with the whole trying to be patient and not seeing any changes, I think the changes are there though but we just look too often to see them. 

Always here for you too lovely, anytime xxx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 23rd December 2013, 9:17 am

Yeah its a good angle but rexie dont be fooled lol

Aw no that must be such a strange feeling to have all the time. When.do u next see ur surgeon?little times lines do help. xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 23rd December 2013, 9:28 am

I've had my final 6 week check but he will see me whenever I need him to I think. He was great after my first BA and saw me several times over the years and always for free.  He always says once a patient always a patient so that's good. His secretary gets a little annoyed with me I think with all my emails though! 

Well I think if that is how they look now there is definitely hope Tink, from that pic I can't see that they are too high? I know what you mean though as mine look great in a bra but its when I take it off you see the issue.xx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 23rd December 2013, 9:32 am

Aw thats good maybe at around 12 weeks u.should arrange to.see him if ur still not happy keep on top of things

Well my nipples are still more forward facing than.up.or down but more towards down xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 23rd December 2013, 9:36 am

Mine are still quite down as in there is definitely more implant above them than below. Cookie has reassured me that they will correct somewhat when they finish dropping and it is probably only half an inch out so perhaps once they have dropped it will be ok. 

Yes I think thats a good idea, I will book in for my 12th week :) xx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 23rd December 2013, 9:50 am

Yeah im hoping im just taking longer to drop than average lol

Yeah then u and ur surgeon know where ur at with where ur recovery should be and where its actually at xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 23rd December 2013, 9:58 am

You are a couple of weeks behind me aren't you? So still early, I'm sure it will continue dropping hun, my left one is taking forever!xx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 23rd December 2013, 10:04 am

Yip 4 weeks today xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 23rd December 2013, 10:06 am

At 4 weeks hun I was in a state of devastation! Now at nearly 7 weeks it is a little better, although nowhere near where I want to be but still a little better. At least the pain is gone now. Stick with it lovely lady xxx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next