Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter of complaint to MYA

+8
SunshineLady
Pussycat
COOKIE
kay
Natty29
*Alice*
Wishful
letfreedomsing
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Letter of complaint to MYA Empty Letter of complaint to MYA

Post by letfreedomsing 10th May 2012, 8:38 am

I just emailled a letter of complaint to MYA if anyone would like to read it and give me any feedback? To be honest I felt like writing it was therapeutic and helped me vent lol. Ive literally been thinking about the whole thing every waking minute. As soon as I woke up this morning I had the laptop straight on checking for replies on here and elsewhere about my experience.
Also I saw a thread about a girl who had her BA with mr russo yesterday just like I was supposed to :( very jealous!

Anyway I could just paste it here?? Sorry it's gonna be long!

Hi there,
I would like to make a complaint regarding the service I have had from MYA so far about my breast augmentation journey. I have been very upset with the whole thing from the start.
My operation was booked for yesterday (9.5.12) with Mario Russo at First Trust Hospital Preston. I had paid my £500 deposit weeks ago to keep this date as I didn't want to wait any longer and the date in May was the earliest available at the time. While at college on 8.5.12 I received a phone call, I expected this to be my admission time, but instead I was told my op was cancelled as Mr Russo didn't want to operate on me as he had seen in my notes from my GP that I have had depression in the past, particularly a bad spell in 2008. First of all, why was Mr Russo looking at my doctor's notes the day before my op when it had been booked for some time? And why would depression in my past affect my procedure? I know a few people who have had breast augmentations without even any contact from their doctor at all! If anything the distress this has caused me has done more damage than having a procedure that I have wanted for years to boost my confidence and make me happier about my body would have done!
After receiving the phone call I burst into tears and had to leave my class and go home where I tried to contact MYA again as I felt talking in public at college had affected my ability to take in what was happening. I was told my the receptionist at the Newcastle clinic that Jenny the nurse who had called me was now with another patient and would call me back. I waited an hour and nothing so called back again and was told the same thing again. Yet no phone call that day at all. This brings us to yesterday where I tried to contact my patient co-ordinator direct via her mobile number. Her name is Julie Nicholson. I couldn't get an answer so sent a text message briefly explaining and asking her to call me back asap. In the mean time I rang the clinic again where I was told the same thing yet again that Jenny was busy and would call me back. Nothing again so called the clinic AGAIN and got through to one of the other patient co-ordinators Amy who was very friendly and seemed understanding of how upset I was by the whole thing. She said she would talk to Jenny about it and yet again told she would call me back. In the mean time Julie got back to me and explained she wasn't in the clinic that day and asked how I was and seemed understanding too. She explained she would too have to speak to Jenny and yet again get back to me, which she didn't. Jenny eventually called me but she hadn't spoken to Julie and she simply asked me what I wanted to talk about!! She then explained that depression is very important to the company and Mr Russo wanted to inspect my medical history further. He is going to be in the Newcastle clinic tomorrow (11.5.12) and apparently will speak to Julie and Jenny in person about my situation. I was told it will 'hopefully' be 'sorted out', no mention of a new surgery date or anything at all.
What I would like to know is why it has been so hard to contact anyone to find out what is happening? I was in tears and left stewing over everything for more than 24 hours completely distraught. When MYA wanted my money I had 10+ calls a day on my phone from the MYA finance department, sometimes hanging up when I answered, sometimes talking then someone hung up, then sometimes someone asking when my next payment would be. I felt extremely rushed to pay my full amount so that my date wasn't postponed and in the end it was cancelled anyway through no fault of my own!
I would also like to know what will be done about the inconvenience this has caused me? My boyfriend took 3 days off work to be with me after surgery which he has now lost, and I had booked him an overnight stay in a nearby hotel while I would've been staying in the hospital, which I have now cancelled and lost the money for the booking. Not to mention the countless times MYA called me and changed my consultation dates and times right from the start. Every time I have been to the clinic I have sat in the waiting room 30 mins AT LEAST, the last time I wasn't seen until 1 hour 30 mins after my appointment time. This means going back to the car park, adding more time, returning to the clinic to continue to wait etc.
If my surgery could go ahead I would accept another surgery date ASAP, I do not want to wait months and be pushed back in a queue when I have already done my waiting. In my opinion I should be a main priority. I am looking into other companies and other surgeons to do my procedure as a backup as I have no faith in MYA getting this sorted out, in which case I will need all of my £4250 back which includes the £500 deposit which was completely pointless. As well as the money I paid for the hotel which was just under £50.
I would very much appreciate a response to all of this from someone who can help me.
Thankyou,
Laura Wilson.

Congrats and thanks if you got to the end haha. I re-read it after I wrote it and realised I missed out a bit that later yesterday afternoon Amy left me a voicemail reassuring me that they would be in touch Friday and to contact them if I have any more questions. Suppose that doesnt make anything much better though lol.

xxx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Letter of complaint to MYA Empty Re: Letter of complaint to MYA

Post by Wishful 10th May 2012, 9:06 am

Aw Hun I havent been on here all week so I didn't know what happened!
Its awful that they've messed you around like this. Why didn't your surgeon see your questionnaire and ask you further about the depression earlier on in the process? (pretty sure I remember a question on depression within that)
Hope everything gets sorted for you xxx
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 10th May 2012, 9:11 am

oh I dont know anything about a questionnaire? in my pre-op I answered q's about having different illnesses, allergies bla bla but nothing mental just all physical qs. I did tell them my citalopram was for anxiety and depression and iv been taking them for a long time xx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 10th May 2012, 9:23 am

letfreedomsing wrote: I did tell them my citalopram was for anxiety and depression and iv been taking them for a long time xx

This puts them even more in the wrong, the nurse should have immediately highlighted to you there and then that this could pose an issue considering "Mr Russo takes depression very seriously". She should have forwarded your notes to your surgeon urgently in order to meet your op date.

Well done on the email, stay strong and fight for what's yours either an op date to suit you or a full refund because you are totally in the right on this!

Keep us posted!x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 10th May 2012, 9:25 am

Aww Hun it sounds like they have proper messed u around. U have every rite to feel angry! I hope this resolves itself for u and u get ur boobies pretty soon xxx good luck
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 10th May 2012, 9:32 am

I think your letter is great hun xx At least you have had a chance to speak your mind xx That's how I am when things go awry as well xx I find that once I've put it all down in writing and sent it that I feel a bit better xx

I am absolutely positive that you will get a date fairly quickly and that all this will be a storm in a tea cup for them, however they caused you such an inconvenience xx the least you deserve is an apology xx

I think you definitely need to consider about how you are going to be treated after your op by MYA, especially if (god forbid) you have any complications xx I would have a huge sense of loss in confidence in them xx

Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 10th May 2012, 9:33 am

Alice is right hun xx :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th May 2012, 9:46 am

Well done sweetheart, you explained yourself really well. Hopefully they'll get back to you very soon and get this whole business sorted out. It really is appauling how you've been treated babe and they might be able to ignore phone calls or fob you off when you do reach someone, but they can't ignore a letter - Well done you. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 10th May 2012, 9:56 am

Do you think they could ignore an email? I sent it to the only email address I could find. I can always hand write it and send it in the post too. xx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 10th May 2012, 9:57 am

Hiya sweetie,
I'm sorry :( You must be so disappointed. I know it's a rollercoaster anyway building up to your ba and to be told at such short notice is obscene.
I too suffer from depression and was on citalopram, but this was discussed at my consultation and my ps was satisfied that I was well enough to go through with my op - and you have every right to be extremely p****d off that they didn't go through this with you earlier than the day before your op?! What the hell?!!
I think your letter is really strong and good luck hon - I hope you get re booked in real soon and you get treat with the respect that you deserve xx
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 10th May 2012, 10:55 am

I just got a reply!!

"Dear Laura,

The purpose of this letter is to confirm receipt of your communication dated 10th May 2012. I shall immediately undertake an investigation into the concerns you have raised and I shall liaise with the staff at the Newcastle Clinic to gain a further understanding of the events detailed in your letter.

I shall then be in touch with you at the earliest available opportunity, and in accordance with MYA’s complaints procedure, I shall provide a written response within 20 working days of receipt of this letter to inform you of the status of your complaint."

I really hope the Newcastle staff aren't funny with me after this lol. My mam is planning on calling Julie today to chat with her about my medical history and assure her that the surgery is what I want. Ive been really happy since booking my BA and this has made my mood plummet!

xx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 10th May 2012, 11:07 am

Well even if they were funny with you, can't be much worse! Might inspire them to pull their fingers out and do their jobs for once Hysterical X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 10th May 2012, 12:13 pm

I just want my boooobs!! the last thing I wanted to have to do is complain but I aint takin this crap lol xx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th May 2012, 12:26 pm

letfreedomsing wrote:I really hope the Newcastle staff aren't funny with me after this lol. My mam is planning on calling Julie today to chat with her about my medical history and assure her that the surgery is what I want. Ive been really happy since booking my BA and this has made my mood plummet!

xx

The staff will be just fine with you babe. Don't give your complaint letter another thought hun, you have every right to complain and to expect your calls to answered, you've paid a hell of a lot of money for the service that you aren't getting, so put all those worries aside, you're doing the RIGHT thing.

Just a thought hun....I don't think I'd mention that not having a BA has effected your mood, of course say you're upset but with depression being the cause of your surgery being cancel be very careful how you words things sweetheart. Saying your mood has gone up and down could suggest you're possibly still having problems, I'm not saying you are lol. Just saying that with depression being the emphasis of your cancellation, the less said about your 'mood' the better hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 10th May 2012, 12:39 pm

I agree with Cookie hun xx

I would play on the fact that you are hugely disappointed by their cancellation AND very angry at the way in which you have been treated BUT I would avoid using words like 'mood plummeting' and 'depression' xx :thumbs:

You have every right to be angry, upset and sad......however don't give them any ammunition or room to wriggle xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 10th May 2012, 12:42 pm

very good point!! I'll just leave everything for now then and wait until the supposed phone call im getting tomorrow hah xx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 10th May 2012, 1:21 pm

Good for you hun, and I agree with the others, tell them how disappointed & angry this has made you rather than upset & tearful etc. You did brilliantly and I hope you get a proper response & explanation soon.

Have been thinking of you, it's such a nightmare! MYA need to realise that they can't treat patients like this, even for their own sakes as word quickly spreads through forums like this! They should be ashamed of themselves.

Keep your chin up chick, hopefully your email has given them the kick up the bum they needed Hug
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 10th May 2012, 5:10 pm

Another little update... I got a call from Claire who replied to my email AND a call from Julie my patient co-ordinator :)
They both have basically said that my GP letter got back to them at the last minute and so when Mr Russo had it to look at he had to make a decision on they day before my op. And because it highlighted some problems including self harm in the past, and had little detail on how I am at present he was concerned.
They are going to speak with him first thing in the morning to discuss the next form of action to take and I'll get a phone call after that tomorrow. Soo I may have to see Mr Russo again and re-book, see another surgeon, or they can refer me...
Watch this space! xx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 10th May 2012, 5:16 pm

Well atleast you have some answers now! I can understand him concerned it if he's bombarded with info last minute that he doesn't have time to quickly digest or clear up. BUT poor by them for making the decision last minute and not giving you a proper explanation. Hopefully this will be sorted very soon and you'll be given top service (for fear of another complaint... Only joking Hysterical ) x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 10th May 2012, 8:12 pm

yeah yet ANOTHER complaint for them, by the looks of things they have a lot of problems to solve regarding upset patients.

Ive seen another few posts pop up elsewhere by girls who had their BA with mr russo yesterday :( makes me really sad xx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 10th May 2012, 8:17 pm

Your time will come :) loads of women have to wait until they're in their 30s, 40s etc... I know it feels like forever but you have the money and that is always the hard part and the thing that delays most women.

Now you've just got to sit back and wait :) all will be worth it when you've got raging nip on, half numb boobs and can't lift your arms over your head Hysterical X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 10th May 2012, 8:24 pm

Well at least someone has attempted to give you an explanation xx

Although I still think it is far to little too late xx I would expect my PS to call me in order to discuss these matters if they were so concerned as opposed to just canceling last minute based on a letter mentioning some self harm four years ago xx

I would still be really annoyed with them and in particular Mr Russo! This should have all been sorted at you pre op xx growl
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 10th May 2012, 8:32 pm

kay wrote: I would expect my PS to call me in order to discuss these matters if they were so concerned as opposed to just canceling last minute based on a letter mentioning some self harm four years ago xx

To say you've payed over £4000 I think this wouldnt have been too much to ask for! X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 10th May 2012, 8:49 pm

Agreed Alice xx Just canceling like that is pretty poor xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th May 2012, 9:01 pm

kay wrote:I would still be really annoyed with them and in particular Mr Russo! This should have all been sorted at you pre op xx Letter of complaint to MYA 221105

Agreed. You'd have been asked all your medical history at your pre-op, any concerns should have been acted upon then, not left till the day before surgery Letter of complaint to MYA 683465 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next