Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More advice needed pls(on my 2 different implants)

+3
daisyday
COOKIE
tracy2010
7 posters

Go down

More advice needed pls(on my 2 different implants) Empty More advice needed pls(on my 2 different implants)

Post by tracy2010 8th May 2012, 1:41 pm

Most of you will have read my story last week - I only just discovered 7 mths post op that they gave me a 'soft touch' and a 'responsive' implant!! Thanks for all the advice so far!

I have an appointment next Monday with my surgeon and now I've had all weekend to stew over things I think I deserve more than just a re-op!

It's very inconvenient for me to have to have a reop and im having to go through all that for their negligence. I am going to ask for a slightly bigger implant so at least Im getting something out of it.

My question is - do I deserve compensation? I need to be armed with all the facts when I go in next week. Surely they can't get away with this??

Any opinions/advice on what to say would be gratefully received xxx
tracy2010
tracy2010
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

More advice needed pls(on my 2 different implants) Empty Re: More advice needed pls(on my 2 different implants)

Post by COOKIE 8th May 2012, 2:05 pm

You should definately expect to get some form of compensation Tracey.

You clinic may try to sell the larger implants off to you as compensation but dont settle for that, you're only getting what you should have had when you had your initial surgery and don't be afraid of telling them that sweetheart.

A re-op is no fun and for you to have to go surgery all over again due to their own negligence, I'd be expecting a lot more than a replacement pair of implants and maybe some form of monetary compensation due to the emotional trauma caused and the pain of going through yet another recovery period!

Just go for it Tracey, you deserve it sweetheart and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with what happened, they should have been far more careful and observant. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

More advice needed pls(on my 2 different implants) Empty Re: More advice needed pls(on my 2 different implants)

Post by tracy2010 8th May 2012, 2:42 pm

Thanks Cookie :-)

Im not going to let them get away with it - Im gonna go in there and stand up for myself!

Thanks for your help (yet again) xxxxxxxxxx
tracy2010
tracy2010
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by daisyday 8th May 2012, 3:53 pm

If you do get them replaced, I would also say to them that your solicitors have told you that you need to take the implants home with you - otherwise they can dispose of the evidence and start saying your cards were wrongly labelled etc. They make you sign something to say you wont dispose of the implants unsafely and that they are toxic etc, but thats fine. I did that with my PIPs. Maybe also make sure they dont make you sign any sort of disclaimer which absolves them of any responsibility or compensation claims if they give you a new set. Just say your solicitor will need to check any paperwork before you sign it. Good luck with everything. X
daisyday
daisyday
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by ann77 8th May 2012, 4:14 pm

I know there are different solicitors that deal with plastic surgery, i have seen some of them advertise in th back of magazines, i dont know which ones are any good, but maybe you could give them a ring and explain your situation, i did that when i was enquiring about something and they were really helpful, i can probably find the info on the one i rung if that helps. They are usually done on a no win no fee thing too xxx
ann77
ann77
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by tracy2010 8th May 2012, 7:19 pm

Thanks girls. I spoke to the clinic manager earlier. I told her I expected re op and some sort of refund for the op as why the hell should I have to go through a re op due to their negligence!
She said concentrate on getting the re op and then put in a claim!! What I really wanted was for them to make me an offer. Doesn't look like that is happening.
Bet it would take forever even for them to read my claim!!!!!
What do you think? x
tracy2010
tracy2010
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tracy2010 8th May 2012, 7:20 pm

Thanks daisy and Ann.
Yeah details would be great if you don't mind? xx
tracy2010
tracy2010
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by daisyday 9th May 2012, 9:25 am

Im using Slee Blackwell (found them on an internet search of cosmetic surgery solicitors. To be honest its been a couple of months and I dont hear from them and when I ring it seems there is no progress. Suppose these things all just take a really long time. Mine will be complicated as im trying to claim for PIPs being fitted through Surgicare, who conveniently went bankrupt. Think maybe you should sort out about getting them re-done, at least you wont have to pay for that, and in the meantime get a solicitor to claim for compensation for you. Yours might be quicker if it is a simple case of claiming for your inconvenience, stress, time off work etc due to their negligence, so will hopefully be quicker than mine. Keep copies of all your correspondence and diaries etc, as its easy to forget things when claims drag on. Best of luck X
daisyday
daisyday
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 9th May 2012, 10:39 am

Maybe give the citizens advice beurea a quick call see if they can offer some advice, they may be able to provide information on law about sales of a product not as described etc
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th May 2012, 10:54 am

tracy2010 wrote:Thanks girls. I spoke to the clinic manager earlier. I told her I expected re op and some sort of refund for the op as why the hell should I have to go through a re op due to their negligence!
She said concentrate on getting the re op and then put in a claim!! What I really wanted was for them to make me an offer. Doesn't look like that is happening.
Bet it would take forever even for them to read my claim!!!!!
What do you think? x

Of course you should concentrate on your re-op Tracy, but a part of that is knowing the clinic is guilty of negligence.

I agree with misf1 Tracy, go to the citizens advice bureau, get all the fact you need BEFORE you have your re-op sweetness.

Yes, you'll have your surgery and then any proceedings you take will be done after but at least you'll know what to do and what evidence you'll need to retrieve from the clinic if any to push your claim forward. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by georgiana76 9th May 2012, 11:06 am

Just caught up with your story, wow hun, I can't understand how they managed to do it?! Someone has clearly seriously c***ed up, and it's not your mistake, so def go for compensation! (as well as a free re-op and bigger boobies)!
Good luck, xxxx
georgiana76
georgiana76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 604

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 9th May 2012, 5:55 pm

I would put it all in writing before I let them operate on me again and also get some form of 'deal' in place beforehand as well, as if you have the reop, then technically they have fixed the problem which is all they would need to do legally, if you get what I mean........

I wouldn't just agree to a reop and THEN try to deal with their incompetence and negligence....as Cookie and Misf says xx I think you would lose a lot of your bargaining power and grounds for complaint as they will just argue that they put the problem right and I think you will probably find that a district judge will find in their favour xx

It may mean you may have to wait for a bit but worth it if you get some recompense xx
Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 9th May 2012, 6:42 pm

I'd definitely get all the facts first as they may be stupid enough to offer a re op on one breast to put the matching type implant in.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th May 2012, 6:52 pm

I'm pretty sure they might try just that at first misf1, any way to save money!

Get yourself sorted with all the legalities babe, you've had reat advice there so don't do or agree to anything until you know what you're dealing with. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 9th May 2012, 8:17 pm

Blimey, yeah!!!!!!!!! Shocked I hadn't even thought about that!!! Bet thats what the B*$(@2*s try and do!!!!! xx

kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by georgiana76 9th May 2012, 9:38 pm

Surely not??!!!!!! I would be bloody appalled if they even dared suggest it!!!!
georgiana76
georgiana76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tracy2010 10th May 2012, 8:19 am

OMG please no - they can't just take out the wrong implant!!!! Worried sick now!! I can't have just 1 boob done that is wrong!

Bloody hell Im so worried now! This is disgusting! x
tracy2010
tracy2010
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by georgiana76 10th May 2012, 9:27 am

Oh Tracy, please don't be worrying about it hun. Just be prepared for Anything they may throw at you! You will be fine, the girls on here are so amazing and offer such brilliant advice, you should be fully prepared for what ever suggestion they may have!
Good luck, maybe go with some notes so you don't get thrown off course, and don't forget that this is completely their negligence, and they HAVE to sort it out for you! xxxxxxx
georgiana76
georgiana76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 10th May 2012, 9:39 am

Try not to worry too much sweety xx You just need to be forewarned about how they work xx remember to negotiate something that you are happy with and get it agreed in writing xx ATEOD if they do not come back with a satisfactory solution you CAN always look into taking civil action against the company via the civil Courts xx

There is a huge gap between how these companies portray themselves and how they actually treat their customers xx

They give the impression of a caring organisation putting the customer first when the reality is that the minute they have your money they aren't interested really xx They are like any other money making company out there xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by tracy2010 10th May 2012, 9:46 am

Thanks girls.

I hate confrontation - I'll prob burst into tears as soon as I walk through the door. Just wish I was seeing them today or tomorrow.

It's disgusting isnt it to think they will worm their way out of it and do whats best for them and making money.

I do appreciate the advice (good and bad) I know it wouldn't be right if people just said what I wanted to hear, so i appreciate all advice x
tracy2010
tracy2010
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 10th May 2012, 10:33 am

Hug It's all very stressful isn't it xx Stress you can do without really xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down