Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rippling

4 posters

Go down

Rippling Empty Rippling

Post by Corrina_Corrina 6th May 2012, 10:53 am

Hi, I'm pre BA but booked in to be 'done' in 4 weeks time, but have only had a nurse consultation so far - having the surgeon consultation on Thursday this week.

I've been told I will be having submuscular implants as my boobs are very small. I understand textured implants are the norm here as the risk of developing CC is smaller, however my internet research to date suggests that there is a higher chance of rippling with textured implants, especially in women with very little existing breast tissue.

Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, is it something that can right itself, or would corrective surgery be necessary? I'll be asking my surgeon this week, but just curious about people opinions/experiences... I've been told my surgeon is not very amiable!
Corrina_Corrina
Corrina_Corrina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Rippling Empty Re: Rippling

Post by kay 6th May 2012, 6:27 pm

Rippling is quite common hun and lots of us have it xx it is generally something that you can feel as opposed to see however some people suffer with it more than others and it sometimes can be seen as well xx

It tends to be more prevalent in women who have little breast tissue or, in my case, when your weight drops a bit xx

Have you only seen the one nurse, and are you only seeing the one surgeon prior to your op?? xx The key to getting what you want and limiting the complications you could suffer is researching your options with more than one PS in order to get exactly what's right for you and to ensure that only a PS you trust and have total confidence in is going to operate on you xx :thumbs:

My advice would be to have two or three consults with different PS and see what options and advice you are given prior to making your decision AND only go ahead when you are 120% happy with what you have been told and what the PS confirms they will do should you NOT be happy with the results xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 6th May 2012, 6:38 pm

Hay hun if your having sub- muscular, or unders as we call them then the implant is placed behind the muscle to reduce the chances of having rippling in people who have very little breast tissue to cover the implant so you cant really get any better placement then that....

In unders you have the muscle & your own breast tissue covering the implant so it it reduces the chances of having rippling but in overs ( above the chest muscles) you only have your own breast tissue covering the implant so your chances are greater of getting rippling....

xx

Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina_Corrina 6th May 2012, 7:48 pm

Thanks ladies,
I had a consultation with another surgeon a couple of years ago (but due to finances never went ahead) and also had a nurse consultation with HMG. The first surgeon consultation I only went ahead with because they didn't take an upfront fee to do so, whereas the other companies I've looked into take a non-refundable fee for a surgeon consultation. I also went to a presentation with another surgeon who I had a little chat to afterwards, but they again took a fee for the surgeon consultation. As it happens, I've now gone back to HMG as I found good reviews of the surgeon, plus know someone who's been 'done' by them & have seen her results (which are lovely). So with their after care and other factors, location of aftercare etc, I plumped for them and so financially committed to them. I'm seeing Dr Frati on Thursday & will definitely be asking him about rippling amongst many other things and whilst I'll be taking a list of questions with me, I was interested to know how common it seems to be. From what you say, it doesn't seem to be that great a problem, so maybe I'm getting a bit wound up by it!
My existing problem is that I've got very little breast tissue, the shape is ok, I'm just worried about the flesh coverage, but like you say I'll have the muscle coverage too.
Thanks both - looking fab xx
Corrina_Corrina
Corrina_Corrina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Post by geordiejen 5th July 2012, 9:36 am

Hiya!

My surgeon talked to me about this as Ive lost 2 stone and have hardly any tissue left, im having an uplift too and implants. we talked about the types and to reduce rippling risk he is going to see about going under the muscle, with a 100% fill implant instead of the 70% fill implants which have more chance of rippling which he showed me when he held them both up with his fingers the one with less fill rippled loads down both sides, and the 100% fill one was still solid so I think he'll be more likely to go with that but Ill just be trusting his judgement on the day of surgery depending on unders or overs as to which implant he uses. Just make sure you are very happy with your surgeon and trust his work and you should be fine! xxx
geordiejen
geordiejen
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down