Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rippling.

+3
misf1
roxanne
jadeBA
7 posters

Go down

Rippling. Empty Rippling.

Post by jadeBA 3rd May 2012, 9:50 am

Hi ladies

Iv just google what rippling looks like and im a little worried i have have it :O
at the top of my rghty.
why does it happen can you prevent it?
xxx shrug
jadeBA
jadeBA
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 383

Back to top Go down

Rippling. Empty Re: Rippling.

Post by roxanne 3rd May 2012, 10:02 am

It's still really early days now so don't panic. It could be something else.

Everyone has rippling because all implants ripple to some degree. This doesn't mean the rippling will be visible though. Sometimes you don't feel or see it, and sometimes you can feel it, but not see it. The latter is very common. There are ways to minimize seeing the ripples though pre op, for instance going for smaller implants, not going above your BWD, getting partial unders, and silicone instead of saline (you can get around this with saline by overfilling them to the max, but then they'll feel and look much firmer). Thicker skin is better than thinner skin, can't do anyting about that though. All you can do is put on weight, I know, not a good option at all.

I must say, this is something I'm nervous about, I got overs (athletic and strong pec muscles) not much body fat, and had almost zero upper pole before my BA and uplift. My PS wouldn't go any bigger than 240 though, and even ordered 210 (his original recommendation) xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 3rd May 2012, 10:42 am

At 5 days post op it would be very unusual to see rippling. Plus the implants are very high. I'd wait and see how they look at about 3 months post op when they have settled more. You probably have swelling still at the moment.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jadeBA 3rd May 2012, 10:48 am

Yeah im prob just being paranoid lol. i just want them perfeccttt,,
But theres still loads of swelling especially in the middle xx
jadeBA
jadeBA
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 383

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 3rd May 2012, 11:45 am

Try ice packs Alexis, I've been using them a lot at home and have barely any swelling now.. If I run my hand over the top I can work out where the implant starts...not in a gross defined way, but just suddenly the area is thicker where as before it was just too swollen to tell! Maybe icepacks will help reduce swelling? x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd May 2012, 11:53 am

Give your new boobs some time Alexis, they've a looooong way to go yet before you'll reach your result and will see many changes along the way, don't worry about being paranoid, most of are, afterall we paid a heck of a lot of money for our newbies and like you say just want them to be perfect, but thats not gonna happen in a week.

The swelling between your breasts is perfectly normal too... I had swelling there for months and just ensured my surgeon was aware of it at my post-op checks and always ensured it was noted and had my progress followed, it did eventually settle gorgeous, so you see at just 5 days post-op, it's far to early to worry about. In saying that, if it's still swollen at your 1 week post-op check ensure your concerns along with any others you might have are noted. Don't be shy about doing this, it's very important to have any concerns noted no matter how small you think they are so your surgeon can follow your progress and advise if felt necessary.

We're all here for you lovely, so no matter what your concerns are just ask away babe.. OK Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 3rd May 2012, 11:57 am

I would think you're still too swollen to notice the rippling. It would usually take a couple of months to let the swelling go down to notice. Plus judging from your pre op pics, you had some boobs to start with, which does help xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 3rd May 2012, 1:28 pm

I have rippling quite badly hun as I have very little breast tissue & upper body fat to cover my 460cc implants, Id say 5 days you would still be very swollen but it wasnt long after that I noticed mine. The P.S exsplained to me what rippling is & showed me how it happens at my 3 months post op check up. He held the implant up the way it sits inside you and as it changes shape & gravity pulls on it it makes ripples which if you dont have enough breast tissue you will feel, even more so with out a bra on.

Some people say the size of the implant can influence this but in my cas I could have had the smallest they did & I would have still had rippling due to my lack of tissue but had I gone for unders this may have been different shrug

Did you have much breast tissue before your op hun?

x
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 3rd May 2012, 1:34 pm

We're you given a choice of unders or overs Crystal? Or did they say overs would still be suitable despite your lack of tissue?x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 3rd May 2012, 6:51 pm

I doubt it would be much you could see at this stage as they are still very swollen and high, it is normal to get rippling especially if you have thin skin or very little breast tissue, I have a tiny amount nothing very noticeable, I am also able to feel the edge on my left. Give it time x
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 3rd May 2012, 9:06 pm

I didnt get the choice hun......I didnt know as much pre- B.A and looking back being told your having overs before you have even gone into see the P.S because thats what he likes to do isnt the way to go about it!

I probably should have had unders but like I say my ps was a "overs" man. I did question that I had little breast tissue & shouldnt I be having unders & he said Id be ok & that overs look way better........
I wasnt keen on the idea of unders at the time as I have very tight pec muscles & new Id either get a bad case of distortion when I used my arms with unders & new due to how tight my pecs are I wouldnt be able to go any where near as big a size I wanted but that i may have to live with a littel rippling........

But I have turned out to have quite a bit which is getting worse over time as the little breast tissue I have stretches under the weight of the implant thinning it out even more.......
The thing Is Im guessing id never have perfect boobs e.g:
1.If I had unders Id have them alot smaller due to tight pec muscles ( I really want big boobs)
2. with unders I would have probably had bad distortion every time I used my arms due to my tight pec muscles

with overs the only thing I had to worry about was rippling.......so if I had the chioce to decide second time around I still wouldnt Know what option would have worked out better for me shrug BUT the key is having that option in the 1st place :thumbs:

My boobs dropped & fluffed very quickly, by week 2 my boobs had completely dropped so I felt the rippling very early on.....I still think day 5 is a tad to early as I have not ment many girls who dropped & sofened up as soon as I did after their ops...........

Just try not to worry about it to much, you need to be sure thats what it is 1st so id give it at least till your 6 week check up then bring it up then
xx

Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down