Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chest infection 2 weeks before BA!!!!! Help

5 posters

Go down

Chest infection 2 weeks before BA!!!!! Help Empty Chest infection 2 weeks before BA!!!!! Help

Post by Beej 9th April 2012, 1:58 pm

Oh no just what I was dreading....Sunday morning after a all dayer and nighter ( someones birthday) felt like crap honestly think I'm getting a cold/ chest infection my chest neck hurts and hurts when i cough. Staying in bed all day today to get rest gona try and get to doctors ASAP want to try and get rid of it before it gets to me properly. If I get antibiotics will it affect anything, would I have to tell surgeon etc... I'm taking lemsip that's all I have in cupboard until tomorrow!!! Xx
Beej
Beej
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 360

Back to top Go down

Chest infection 2 weeks before BA!!!!! Help Empty Re: Chest infection 2 weeks before BA!!!!! Help

Post by Smallblue 9th April 2012, 4:00 pm

Try and get to the docs tomorrow and have yourself checked out. You still have time to get over it and finish antibiotics. I had the worst hacking cough after my BA but it wasn't infected. I used manuka honey and swear by it. You need a strong dose from Holland and Barratt. Mix up with lemon and boiled water, take a few times a day. If on meds it's best to check out where you stand with your clinic. Wishing you a swift recovery. X
Smallblue
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Chest infection 2 weeks before BA!!!!! Help Empty Re: Chest infection 2 weeks before BA!!!!! Help

Post by COOKIE 9th April 2012, 7:09 pm

If your GP does diagnose a chest infection and puts you on anti-biotics sweetness, do call your clinic and keep them informed, I too had the same right before my op, but keeping the clinics informed helps so much as they too will do all they can to ensure they get you into theatre on the day! So don't worry about them cancelling, it's just best to make them aware, because in the 'unlikely' event the infection continues, they can quicker reschedule to get you sorted hun - Honestly, they'll appreciate you keeping them informed rather than you turning up on the day, possibly still getting over the infection and having to be turned away, that's gonna hurt so much worse!

It's also VERY common for women to come down with just a cold right before their op and only a few do have an actual infection sweetness, so finger. toes and even eyes crossed that's all it is.... It's all just down to nerves lovely. Drink plenty of hot honey and lemon drinks and eat lots of oranges if you can, thee natural vitamin C will do you the world of good sweetness.

Look after yourself now and do let us know how you get on babe. Chest infection 2 weeks before BA!!!!! Help 571992 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cattyross 9th April 2012, 7:37 pm

Hey beej the same thing happened to me on Thursday but I have managed to get over it it's some antibiotics and lots of rest. I think it's pre-surgery nerves to be honest. hope you feel better soon. Get plenty fruit/veg and rest up. Good luck xx
Cattyross
Cattyross
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by Beej 9th April 2012, 8:55 pm

Thanks girls will get down tesco tomorrow stock up on oranges honey lemons etc.... My doctors are a pain can never get an appointment quick unless I pretend I'm near death lol..fingers crossed I can get in next few days.. All I've said last few weeks is I hope I don't get a cold etc... And coz I'm run down anxiety It's just my luck. xxxxxx
Beej
Beej
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th April 2012, 10:00 pm

I usually take zinc tablets when I know I'm coming down with something, and can't afford to be sick. I took some regularly the couple of weeks leading to my surgery because both my kids got sick. Zinc strengthens your immune system. I also took high strength vit c, I see you've already had advice regarding the vit c. I haven't taken manuka honey myself, but hear it's very good.

Don't take no for answer when you phone you gp's office. Tell them you have major surgery in two weeks time, and you need to have this checked out asap. I'm the type who wouldn't let them not make a quick appointment for me, and would get quite pushy on the matter. It's their responsibility to have you checked out, especially given the urgency of your situation, make it sound that way xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Beej 9th April 2012, 10:14 pm

Thanks for the extra info. If I take zinc and vitamin c when do I stop taking it, I mean is it ok to take it up to day before surgery? Ok I will call them first thing and make sure I get in ASAP. How are you getting on with your boobies? How's the pain etc..? Xx
Beej
Beej
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th April 2012, 10:21 pm

Check with your clinic first babe if you are allowed to take vitamin substitutes. Some clinics aren't happy for you to do this on the run up to your surgery and would prefer you to get the vitamins naturally from fresh fruit and veg (which will also help build up your immunity)

I know I was told no vitamin substitutes so best just to check with your clinic first. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th April 2012, 10:36 pm

You shouldn't take vitamin c supplements the day before surgery because it is a diuretic.

I don't know of any contraindication to zinc supplements prior to surgery. Word of caution with zinc though, take with food, not on an empty stomach, otherwise you may feel nausious.

Stay away from aspirin, ibuprofen, high dose vit e supplements, and garlic supplements a couple of weeks before surgery, these are all blood thinners. Garlic in food and vit e in food is fine, I'm talking high supplement doses here.

Of course you can't beat healthy food, but a little supplement boost can help if it's ok to do so. If you're in doubt about anything you should contact your clinic and ask them just to be safe xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down