Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infection :-(

+8
Wishful
sparkyleeds
SunshineLady
Gillian1808
COOKIE
*Alice*
misf1
lil.miss.katy
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Infection :-( Empty Infection :-(

Post by lil.miss.katy 28th May 2012, 7:31 pm

So girls after getting over my premature boob greed...looks like Ive got an infection!!

Im now 7 days post op and 2 days ago I noticed I felt nauseous and all of a sudden started rigoring (shivering). As Im a nurse myself, I know this is indicative of a fever, so sure enough I had a temp!! Pain in my right boob and swelling too (more than left).

Anyway spoke to hospital and I was due to go in today for my dressing removal so once nurse looked she agreed it looked red and said she was going to phone my consultant to come in (not a good sign!). Another consultant was present so he came in and said it "looked like" infection but could be a number of things! Its not from the wound ie there is no pus or foul smell, it looks like it is internal. It is red and warm to touch and I have pain in the surrounding area ie axilla, abdomen, and it feels hard around the edge of the wound.

So they've prescribed me a course of antibiotics and Ive to go back to see my own consultant in two days.

Anyone else had a similar experience? The consultant I spoke to today told me worse case scenario, if antibiotics dont work I may have to go in for further surgery.....yikes!!

Hoping this sorts itself out, not had a temperature today at all, mind you Im still on full dose co-codamol so that could be masking an underlying temp.

Trying to stay positive!! xx
lil.miss.katy
lil.miss.katy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Infection :-( Empty Re: Infection :-(

Post by misf1 28th May 2012, 7:45 pm

Aw hun, I'm sorry you have an infection and I really hope the antibiotics work for you, try not to think about the worst case senario but if you need further surgery to help your health then I'm sure you will have no problems going for whats needed. There are girls on here that have suffered from infections and sometimes it has taken further surgery and some waiting for infections to go and having further surgery again. I'll keep everything crossed for you hun. You take care and stay positive Infection :-( 571992
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 28th May 2012, 7:45 pm

I haven't experienced this but I just wanted to say I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! It must be quite disheartening to get an infection PO nope

I hope the antibiotics do their thing and you have no further problems Katy Hug

Most important thing is always your health, so relax and take it easy Give You X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th May 2012, 7:51 pm

Awww sweetie, c'mere Hug

I had an infection after my surgery too. Thankfully mine cleared up after taking anti-Bs, but it did make me feel very unwell so I do feel for you Hug I was told if my infection didn't clear up my surgeon would just snip away the infected tissue and restitch, but all was well so no need for that.

Fingers crossed the anti-Bs work Katy fingers crossed and you know we're here for you if you're feeling a bit icky and just want a chat or anything, or even just a hug Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillian1808 28th May 2012, 7:52 pm

Oh no, so sorry to hear you have an infection! Infection :-( 683465
Hope the abx are doing what they have to, what have they given u?
hopefully you'll feel better soon hunni!Infection :-( 321562
Big hugs & take care xxxInfection :-( 571992
Gillian1808
Gillian1808
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by lil.miss.katy 28th May 2012, 8:06 pm

Thanks girls.....that makes me feel so much better :-)

Cookie, can I ask you what symptoms you had with your infection?

Misf, this is what the consultant said today, I would need to wait till it settled down before further surgery......

I know you guys will think Im crazee but Im going on holiday in 3 weeks! Just short haul and my surgeon had previously said this was ok.

Im on my own with a wee one (14months) and actually went thru a bad break up so this holiday has been long overdue and desperately needed!!!

Obviously if the infection doesnt clear and things worsen, my health and the ability to look after my baby are the most important things so would cancel if necessary....lets hope it doesnt come to that tho!

Gill, Im on 500mg Erythromycin 4 times daily. Im allergic to penicillin so thats the next option.....it partly is prophylactic tho, as he said it could be a bit of lymphodoema which is common too.

Big hugs right back to you all.......once the swelling gone down on right side will get avatar up of my lovely new boobies xxxxxxx
lil.miss.katy
lil.miss.katy
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th May 2012, 8:13 pm

I dont mind at all Katy.... My breast was hot and swollen and it secreted a yellow pus like liquid, I also had a temp and just generally didnt feel well. I was well taken care of by the clinic throughout that period though as it seems you are too hun. They'll keep a close eye on you and hopefully you'll be all healed and on your jollies in no time!!! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 28th May 2012, 8:25 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this Katy, how horrible for you. Will keep everything crossed that the anti-biotics work for you. Look after yourself honey xxx Hug
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 28th May 2012, 8:27 pm

Infection :-( 1150991001 for you Katy that the antbs work and you get away on your much needed holiday !!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by lil.miss.katy 28th May 2012, 8:43 pm

Thanks girls...ur support means a lot....will let you know how I get on with my PS on Wednesday xx
lil.miss.katy
lil.miss.katy
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 28th May 2012, 8:46 pm

Good Luck!!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 28th May 2012, 9:05 pm

Fingers crossed for you love!x
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillian1808 29th May 2012, 5:22 am

lil.miss.katy wrote:
Gill, Im on 500mg Erythromycin 4 times daily. Im allergic to penicillin so thats the next option.....it partly is prophylactic tho, as he said it could be a bit of lymphodoema which is common too.

Oh erythromycin, god I feel sick on that aswell. hope your ok!
Good that it's mostly just as a precaution, hopefully if there are any bugs at all it will get rid of them quick smart. it's always a good sign when your temp settles aswell Infection :-( 899188

hope you get away on holiday, I'm sure you will. just a small blip! Infection :-( 571992

hugs xx
Gillian1808
Gillian1808
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by lil.miss.katy 29th May 2012, 8:23 am

Thanks Gillian

Did you have complications too?

I know, gut wrenching erythromycin Infection :-( 588945 .........no pain no gain tho!!

Will keep u updated on how things go......thanks again xxxxx
lil.miss.katy
lil.miss.katy
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 29th May 2012, 5:40 pm

Erythromycin should sort you out in no time babe! Hope you feel better soon xxx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 29th May 2012, 6:08 pm

So sorry to hear this xx Hug

Keeping fingers crossed and toes too xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by MozElle83 29th May 2012, 6:54 pm

Good luck and hopefully the AB will work their magic Infection :-( 571992
MozElle83
MozElle83
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Post by lil.miss.katy 30th May 2012, 7:30 pm

So just an update to say I saw my PS today and he is confident it is not an infection!!Infection :-( 727935 It still is painful on the right side and you will see from my new avatar (Infection :-( 113752 ) I am still swollen on the right but the redness has gone and no other symptoms woo hooo!!

Ive to finish the antibiotics as a precaution (yuk - sickness and diarrhoea through the night Infection :-( 588945 ) but it'll be worth it, just in case!

Hopefully the swelling is not indicative of anything more than just general recovery, perhaps the pain is from overdoing it a bit but with a little one its difficult not to!

Has anyone experienced swelling remaining in one side for a while , it does look a bit odd, but Im hopeful (as is my PS) thats normal and will balance out eventually!!

Thanks girls for all your support, felt so much less worried after I posted here!! xxx
lil.miss.katy
lil.miss.katy
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 30th May 2012, 7:33 pm

Sooooo happy to year it isn't an infection!

You are probably right have have over done it, it's so easy to do! I hurt myself trying to open a draw 3 weeks PO... Even though I'd been capable of doing much more for longer!

Just try and relax wherever possible and prevent any kind of lifting (difficult I know) but its only for a short while andits worth it to prevent any complications :) x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 30th May 2012, 7:41 pm

So pleased there is no infection. From reading on here a swollen boob is quite common and if your ps said its ok then try not to worry. As for you avi, its fabulous you look very boobilicious Flash they look great xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by MozElle83 30th May 2012, 7:48 pm

Phew! Glad to hear it's not an infection and your surgeon seems confident its just swelling.

I'd say the swelling went from my right boob about 2 weeks before it did my left (which was the more swollen and painful of the two) but eventually caught up. The girls on here say to think of it as two separate operations which might help.
MozElle83
MozElle83
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 30th May 2012, 8:05 pm

So glad its not an infection!!!! Your avi looks brilliant!! Take care xxxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lil.miss.katy 30th May 2012, 8:15 pm

Great!! Thanks girlies xxx
lil.miss.katy
lil.miss.katy
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th May 2012, 9:23 pm

Really pleased you've no infection lovely. :thumbs: Having one breast fuller than the other is common sweetheart as the two breasts will heal at different rates and it's possible one breast took a little more persuasion to get the implant in the other, hence the possible cause of swelling on that side, which hopefully will even out with the other it heals itself. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lil.miss.katy 30th May 2012, 10:09 pm

Thanks cookie, yea its a big phew on the no infection!! Although, as awful as they are, gona finish the antibiotics just to be sure!

I think your explanation is very true. In surgery he may have had to use a bit more diathermy on the right, it might have been a bit more stubborn, so it makes total sense the healing would take a bit longer!!

Its great to have your own tiny bit of knowledge, your PS expertise, factual info, then have stuff completely reaffirmed by lovely ladies who have walked the walk before me!!!

God bless the internet he he xx well done for such a great forum xx
lil.miss.katy
lil.miss.katy
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next