Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BA on Monday....can I have a glass of wine tonite?

+9
angellauren
welshvicci123
hlt67
FLOWER11
MozElle83
Cattyross
steph999
luluthefirst
Nepoly
13 posters

Go down

BA on Monday....can I have a glass of wine tonite? Empty BA on Monday....can I have a glass of wine tonite?

Post by Nepoly 9th March 2012, 7:24 pm

Evening!!

So, its Friday nite and I have half a bottle of wine in the fridge..... BA on Monday.....can I drink it tonite??? Or should I be alcohol free for so many days beforehand...??

Quick quick ....its killing me!!!

Thanks!!

Nepoly
Xxxxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

BA on Monday....can I have a glass of wine tonite? Empty Re: BA on Monday....can I have a glass of wine tonite?

Post by luluthefirst 9th March 2012, 7:33 pm

I was told not to drink the whole week beforehand.

Some websites say no alcohol for 2 weeks!

xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

BA on Monday....can I have a glass of wine tonite? Empty Re: BA on Monday....can I have a glass of wine tonite?

Post by steph999 9th March 2012, 7:36 pm

I dont think its a no no but I didnt take the risk and left the alcohol out of reach for 2 weeks beforehand
xx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by Cattyross 9th March 2012, 7:37 pm

I guess alcohol thins your blood a little but seriously is one glass of wine going to be hovering around in your system until Monday? I think not. I'd go for it myself (but then again I'd choose wine over water lol) x
Cattyross
Cattyross
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 9th March 2012, 7:39 pm

I think it's because alcohol reduces blood clotting - have you ever cut yourself when you're drunk? It bleeds and bleeds and bleeds and bleeds!

But whether it still has any effect after 2 days ?? I guess it depends how much you drink ;)
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by MozElle83 9th March 2012, 8:12 pm

It should be out of your system but I was advised no drinking two weeks prior to my op and stuck to it. It's not worth it for any possible issues it could give you (although 3 days before surgery is exactly when you want half a bottle of wine!) x
MozElle83
MozElle83
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWER11 9th March 2012, 8:53 pm

I was going to vegas 4 days bfore my first surgery and doc said "no more than 2 glasses of white wine for u lady" Vegas without alcohol wasn't the same BA on Monday....can I have a glass of wine tonite? 869500 Yes! it thins your blood! Just have one glass n u should be good!!
FLOWER11
FLOWER11
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 655

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 9th March 2012, 9:03 pm

Grrr!! I'm out the 6 nights before my op with girlies on a ladies night to see strippers so does that mean I can't have a couple neither? lol. I don't normally drink but other than the odd one if our with friends x
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 734

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 9th March 2012, 9:51 pm

you cant drink 7-14 days before your op hun as it thins your blood x
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 9th March 2012, 9:53 pm

ok thank you x
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 9th March 2012, 10:18 pm

Thanks girls!!! I guess thats a 'no' then :'( oh well..... The husband can have it then!!!!

Glad I checked!!

Thanks for your help honies.... As always xxxxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angellauren 9th March 2012, 11:22 pm

Oops, I went out and got paraletic on my 18th Feb and had my surgery the 22nd, I'm still here!!
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by angellauren 9th March 2012, 11:23 pm

the 18th** not my 18th haha
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 10th March 2012, 9:08 am

The Mybreast pre-op guidelines I was sent say not to drink alcohol for 24 hours before the op??? I plan on not drinking well before that anyhow, and I suspect these guidelines I was sent are not for heavy bige drinking, but more for a glass or two max.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Scrivs 10th March 2012, 9:16 am

hlt67 wrote:Grrr!! I'm out the 6 nights before my op with girlies on a ladies night to see strippers x

Woah hlt67 - I just noticed that you snuck that one in under the radar girl! You have a great time - in a few months you'll feel so good about your own assets that you'll be whipping your top off BA on Monday....can I have a glass of wine tonite? 113752 and joining them on stage to uproarous applause!!! BA on Monday....can I have a glass of wine tonite? 557141 BA on Monday....can I have a glass of wine tonite? 557141 BA on Monday....can I have a glass of wine tonite? 557141

x
Sue Scrivs
Sue Scrivs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 10th March 2012, 1:58 pm

lol I don't drink as a rule but every now and then I will have a couple. Last time we went to a ladies night I ended up on stage with a stripper. I can't imagine doing that sober lol. I'll make sure I have a grope for you girlies BA on Monday....can I have a glass of wine tonite? 283708 x
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by suzi73 10th March 2012, 4:20 pm

i had my Ba on a tuesday and i had a drink on the friday nite before also the weekend before it didnt cause me any probs! I wasn't told i couldnt x
suzi73
suzi73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 562

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 10th March 2012, 4:30 pm

I'll call my pcc and ask her what they say. My friends a nurse and she said it should be ok to have a couple. It's not like I binge drink x
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 10th March 2012, 7:09 pm

think one or two small ones woulnt be too bad? I wasnt advised not to and I had a glass of red with my dinner the night before.

I asked DF about this (in case I missed anything in the paperwork as he's more the fine print studier!) and he said he didnt read anything that said no alcohol in the pre-surgery notes that we had from the BMI.

x
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 11th March 2012, 10:54 am

Hmmmm seems that there are some differences??! Well, i resisted the urge!! Goodness knows how i managed theough my pregnancies!!! Ha ha!! Thanks for your replies as usual xxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down