Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rash due to implants?

+12
Aurora1979
steph999
stokesy88
kiwigirl
lindsaylouise
janeybird
Natty29
misf1
703b7
kara
Smallblue
leeti
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rash due to implants? Empty Rash due to implants?

Post by leeti 23rd January 2012, 9:56 am

Hi, I had implants in nov and not long after I started with a rash on my neck and back which since then has slowly spread all over my body, its hot,red,bumpy and very itchy. Iv seen my doc who has tried alsorts to clear it up but nothing works. It looks like hives to me which pop up when you have an allergic reaction so now Im wondering as it started when I had my boobs done could it be because of the implants? Ti x
leeti
leeti
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Rash due to implants? Empty Re: Rash due to implants?

Post by Smallblue 23rd January 2012, 10:35 am

Can't give you any real advice but a theory possibly. My friend had a bad skin reaction after having her wisdom tooth pulled out. An infection occurred and she was given antibiotics. A rash then began covering her body and swellings. She had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. Took some time and treatment from a dermatologist (steroid tablets) to sort the problem but she is fine now. I was given an antibiotic shot when I was under anaesthetic. I was asked if I was allergic to any medicines, which I'm not. But you never know do you? I could be way off the mark. Sorry if no help x
Smallblue
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallblue 23rd January 2012, 10:36 am

Her diagnosis was Ulcataria. X
Smallblue
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kara 23rd January 2012, 10:45 am

sounds like could have been a reaction to antibiotics babe defo get docs to look into it. hope you feel better soon.xxx
kara
kara
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by 703b7 23rd January 2012, 11:29 am

Hi Hun,

sounds nasty! You'd have thought your doc would have checked it out if he's aware of the BA.

I'd suggest contacting transform to ask if they have any advise from previous cases of it and TELL your doc to refer you to a dermatoligist! if you've had it not long after your BA it's been a while!

fingers crossed you ger an answer soon

xxx
703b7
703b7
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 23rd January 2012, 11:53 am

I doubt it's your implants as they have hypo allergenic shells. I have the same thing at the moment it's over my face chest and back. It's not measles, chicken pox etc. Am now trying to figure out what it is, but have found that anti histamine cream (i was chucking anything on my face) from an insect bite and sting and nettle rash cream I had already has started to clear it up. Everyone says it's an allergy to my hair dye but I've always used that make. Haven't changed my shampoo or washing powder, my boyfriend did change his aftersgave but that was after I got the rash?
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallblue 23rd January 2012, 12:12 pm

Misfi I'm the Queen of allergies. Have become allergic to all sorts since my 30's. Could be down to something you've eaten? I've also had one off rashes that I've never found out the cause. Hope it clears quickly.x
Smallblue
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 23rd January 2012, 1:45 pm

I'm the same Hun since my op last June my eczema has flared up and just won't calm down and I'm 30 next mth!!!! I thought it mite be sum thing to do with my implants but the dr assured me it's not xx
Hope it clears for u.
mine is starting to disappear now I hope it stays away:( xx
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 23rd January 2012, 2:55 pm

I got a rash after my op to it started whilst i was still at the clinic, the nurse gave me an antihistamine it kept going down then reappearing for ages i just kept taking the antihistamines then it just stopped. Think was reaction to antibiotics or painkillers, prob antibiotics for me as im allergic to some of them (something about zinc or magneisium based ones i dunno LOL)

are you taking antihistamines?

The other weird thing is, sometimes Doctors dont know either I have had a horrendously itchy sclap for over a year now but no dryness, redness or flaking just itches all the time my Doc has no idea what it is either lol i just have this steriod stuff to put on it when it becomes unbearable.
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by lindsaylouise 23rd January 2012, 8:14 pm

I had a rash after being given the wrong anti biotics, I was covered!! It lasted 4 months, I had to go to Portugal covered in spots!! Not a cool look!! Lol you can get a bad reaction at anytime when using hair dye, even if u have used the same one for years. Could it be a reaction to gloves? They use, or the actual stuff they use to put u to sleep? Hope it clears up soon xx
lindsaylouise
lindsaylouise
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 506

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 24th January 2012, 9:08 am

I got a rash over my boobs after my BA, used some hydrocautisone cream to clear it up. So since that's a steroid cream, I'd say the girls suggestion to see your doc about some steroid tabs is a good idea...

xx
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by lindsaylouise 24th January 2012, 10:13 am

kiwigirl, i had exactly the same, over both my breats it lasted a good month as well! horrible and spotty.. it should clear up pretty soon. x
lindsaylouise
lindsaylouise
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 506

Back to top Go down

Post by stokesy88 24th January 2012, 9:02 pm

Hey hun where abouts on your boobs is the rash? I had an allergic reaction to the surgical glue which was the same as how you're describing it, it started on just the scars which were burning hot then spread over the whole breasts and down my stomach. I had to have steroid cream to get rid of it. Xxx
stokesy88
stokesy88
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post by leeti 27th January 2012, 10:12 pm

Hi everyone thanks for all your replys.

The rash is on my legs,arms, back,stomach,sides and shoulders. It is def hives and it spreads from one patch to the other. The reason i thought it could be the implants is cause Iv never ever had a rash before and it came up just after the op. It itches so bad. Would the rash still be flaring in new places if it was the antibiotics they gave me in november when I ad the op?

I havent started using anything new. Iv now bought some non-bio wash powder to use. The doc gave me steroid cream and it dint help at all and im now on anti-histamines but Iv not noticed a dif yet.

Iv looked it up on the internet and theres a whole forum on implants causing hives. It could be a total coincidence but its so weird it started just after I had them done.

I'll phone the clinic and see what they say.

Janeybird, my boyfriend suffered bad with an itchy head,he started using nutrogina t-gel shampoo,the one for sensitive skin that dunt smell nasty like the others in that range,from boots,and its completly stopped the itching. If he misses using it a few times its starts again so it is the shampoo that works.

I really hope this is just guna turn out to be owt or nowt and just clear up,but Im getting a new patch everyday and I just cant see an end to it. Ti x
leeti
leeti
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 28th January 2012, 6:23 am

Yikes!! I have terribly allergic skin, and get hives just from too much sun exposure.... But only got the little bumps over my boobs after the implants went in, and at a check up the nurse did tell me the implants could cause that type of rash and said if it got worse to call them, but as I said, mine were only over my boobs and the cream cleared them up.

If your gp hasn't been able to help, I'd say get in touch with your PS. Really hope it gets better hun, doesn't sound very nice nope
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 16th February 2012, 10:32 pm

Im all itchy and i have a rash :-( it stated with two patches on my hand now they seem to be appearing everywhere!!! Surely it can't be the ga or antibiotics 3 weeks later? Help please xxxx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 17th February 2012, 8:37 am

FFS pretty sure I have hives.... is it worth going to the docs or should I just buy antihistamines?
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 17th February 2012, 9:56 am

Steph - I think you should see the doctor just in case honey.

I developed an allergy to "frizz ease" hair products after using them for years, can't go near them anymore which I am gutted about given I have really frizzy hair!
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 17th February 2012, 10:02 am

I dont know what im allergic too :-( stupid skin!! bfs trying to make me stop bio oil as it could be that but i cant... i'll have to man up until weekend as their no appointments but ill make a trip to the chemist see what they think and get some anti-histamines... boooo
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 17th February 2012, 10:23 am

I got a rash from bio oil in the summer but that was being out in the sun too long too soon after applying it so it was like heat rash.
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by leeti 17th February 2012, 1:25 pm

I took over the counter anti-hisamines but they dint work so I went to the doc n she gave me some stronger ones and finally after three months its just cleared up after three weeks on the stronger ones. I still dont know what caused it but god hives are soooooooooo itchy x
leeti
leeti
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 17th February 2012, 1:37 pm

Thanks so much for the reply, will take over the counter until monday and if they havent gone will get to the docs xx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 19th February 2012, 9:40 pm

Think I might be allergic to bio oil??? Does anyone know of an alternative? My scars have gone quite red and I have a blotchy rash in patches everywhere shrug
x
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 20th February 2012, 12:04 am

You're better off using silicone sheets or gel. They're less likely to irritate, and have actually been proven to help scars heal properly xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 20th February 2012, 8:47 am

Thank you, do you still massage the scars? If so do you use moisturiser or nothing? It's 6 weeks before I can use silicome sheets isnt it?
xxxx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next