Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July girls!!

+19
sammii
LADYK
kelimarie
*Carls*
Ava
LJK
RoxyChick
Dweeby
Emma
sarahsbabies
pinkbabe
kat24
orika
shelleymm
Jessica
dbs
andrea58
gotsomeboobs
nads
23 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

July girls!! - Page 3 Empty Re: July girls!!

Post by Emma 22nd May 2009, 12:12 pm

Hi, im booked in to have my ba on 7th July Flash Im going to the heath in London as a day case will have to leave home at 5am as have to be there for 7.30am
Emma
Emma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 22nd May 2009, 12:31 pm

Congrats DSNB xx
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 22nd May 2009, 12:41 pm

congrats hun! july clubs getting fuller everytime I look. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsomeboobs 22nd May 2009, 3:32 pm

ahh congrats hunni, july is going to be a busy month for new boobies, lol
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1331

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 23rd May 2009, 8:01 am

danables wrote:Tee hee what are the chances sarahbabies same day same surgeon same hospital. Our paths might cross!!

I think its highly likely, I got my letter this morning, I've got to be there at 11 aswell to be admitted Boobs .

I'm worried now that something will go wrong Shocked .. My husband is waiting to hear if his holiday has been approved to take 2 weeks off. He told his boss that I'm having an operation, so should be ok. He didn't tell his boss what the operation was for though :lol: Hysterical
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 23rd May 2009, 3:16 pm

omg madness!...what does being admitted mean do you know- just signed in or something?...im now hoping they havnt mucked up my date/time seems strange we are both being admitted at the same time..will ring them to confirm on Tuesday. I wonder how long we will have to wait around for before he operates on us!
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 23rd May 2009, 3:51 pm

It's just so we're there ready and waiting I think. You'll probably be first as you're a day case so will be done earlier than me so they can monitor you for as long as possble before you go home. I'm going to be staying overnight so makes sense for you to go first. I'm going to be starving :pale: I cannot wait though, I hope he doesn't want me to wait longer :oops:
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by orika 23rd May 2009, 5:26 pm

Checking in with the July girls! I can't believe how many of us there are now - and another for the 10th too, snap. How exciting - it's almost June already... and then it'll be July... and I bet we'll be recovering with our brand new boobies in the middle of a sweltering summer, unable to show em off properly!

- O x
orika
orika
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 23rd May 2009, 6:30 pm

I cant imagine it would take that long maby 30 mins at most for the op? I wonder how many he does in one day I might ask him as my final consult. Im worried about being starving too as I turn into a monster without food or at least drink to keep me going!
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 24th May 2009, 6:43 pm

Hello girls. Well today I learnt that the Mcghan implants I wanted are not FDA approved...

The ones the surgeon recommend are the Inspira rounds or the 410 anatomicals

So I kind of feel back at square one with which ones to choose. Im keeping a diary with all my finds in the boobjob diarys thread that Roxychicks about to set me up with so feel free to have a nose.

If Iv been inaccurate with anything and youve heard different let me know!
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 25th May 2009, 10:02 am

Hiya hun,

TBH, I wouldn't worry too much about your implants being FDA approved. Even if they are it doesn't mean you will never have a rupture or any problems because they can happen with all implants. The main ones I would steer well clear of are the PIP's as they have very high rupture rates, but I know a lot of girls on here are having the Allergan CUI's and I have not heard of any major probs with them and they are not FDA approved. I'm not too familiar with the implants you wanted, but if you have researched into them and are happy with what you have found (i.e. rupture rates, likely problems that could occur etc) I wouldn't let the fact that they are not FDA approved put you off having them.

Good luck with finding the right implants for you hun xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 25th May 2009, 11:28 am

Hi Jessica Yep Iv come to the conclusion that the FDA thing is just clever marketing anyway, More people will be inclined to look at Allergans implants as they went to the length to try and get them FDA approved. Implants that have been approved arnt really used these days because of technology improving so Im letting that one go.

Im going to ask my surgeon of his experiences with both and make a decision based on that instead.
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 25th May 2009, 1:04 pm

Good going, very sensible I think. I believe your surgeons true opinion is the most important. If you whole-heartedly trust your surgeon and he gives you a recommendation for an implant based on his own experiences then that is the best recommendation. xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 25th May 2009, 1:58 pm

Thats probably the best thing to do. I was having this conversation with my husband yesterday and he asked what the difference was with the CUI ones or the Inspira ones and I then realised that I didn't know specifically, except that the CUI ones are standard. Danables, do you know what the difference is apart from the price tag? Whens your next consult?
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 25th May 2009, 2:02 pm

The difference is on here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Plus the CUIs have a 10 year warranty and the Inspiras have a lifetime one
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 25th May 2009, 2:04 pm

danables wrote:Hi Jessica Yep Iv come to the conclusion that the FDA thing is just clever marketing anyway
Can i ask whose clever marketing it is?
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 25th May 2009, 3:43 pm

Id say its Allergan/Mentor Nads, arnt they the ones putting forward their implants for approval? correct me if im wrong im just speculating.

My next consults not till two weeks before BA day hun.

The mcghan implant catalogue has the exact spec of the Mcghans: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

but the exact differences between the two...who knows? the catalogee suggests the mcghans have a thick shell to minimise gel diffusion... does this mean the C.U.I s have a thinner one? no idea.. but im assuming they are more expensive for a reason.

Nads, do you know how long C.U.I implants have been around for? It would be interesting to see if there is any evidence to suggest that problems will develop after 10 years, statisticly most problems occur within the first few years (according to Mr T)so how the length of guarantee can be justified I dont know.

It just boils down to what you feel safer and happier doing I guess.

The best thing to do would be to ask Mr T for a list of complication rates for both types. This would be more factual, the rest could just be marketing.
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 25th May 2009, 5:07 pm

danables wrote:Id say its Allergan/Mentor Nads, arnt they the ones putting forward their implants for approval? correct me if im wrong im just speculating.
Oh i thought you meant a cosmetic company. Aren't they putting their implants forward because without approval the implants can't be used in the US, thats the info i got from US girls i speak to?

Nads, do you know how long C.U.I implants have been around for? It would be interesting to see if there is any evidence to suggest that problems will develop after 10 years, statisticly most problems occur within the first few years (according to Mr T)so how the length of guarantee can be justified I dont know.
I'll try and see if i can find any info on that hun. I know the CUIs dont have the same shell technology as inspiras but not how long they've been around for

x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 25th May 2009, 5:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Dont know how useful that is as it isnt published)

At Inamed we manufacture a range of breast implants in both the McGhan and CUI ranges. The implants we offer are available in three different gel types. McGhan implants are available in either Cohesive or Soft Touch Cohesive gel; while CUI implants are available in either Cohesive or Responsive gel. Please note, the terms Cohesive, Soft Touch Cohesive and Responsive are the names we at Inamed have given our gels.

All our silicone gels (Cohesive, Soft Touch Cohesive and Responsive ) have the same basic chemistry, but differ slightly in their chemical structure, which in turn affects the physical properties of the implant.

The McGhan 410 Matrix range and the CUI CML, CMH. CMM and CFM are filled with Cohesive gel. When these implants are cut in half the gel will present a clean cut surface.

The McGhan 410 Soft Touch Matrix range is filled with Soft Touch Cohesive gel which was developed in order to give the surgeon more surgical options - insertion technique, implant position - and the patient the benefits of a softer feeling implant. Again, when these implants are cut in half the gel will also present a clean cut surface.

Implants filled with Responsive gel behave differently (e.g. CUI MLP). Implants filled with Responsive gel feel softer than either implants filled with Cohesive or Soft Touch Cohesive gels. When cut in half, implants filled with Responsive gel do not present a clean cut surface.

Cohesive gel implants (Cohesive and Soft Touch Cohesive) are designed to maintain their shape if the shell is ruptured. While all our gels are cohesive (i.e. not liquid), the descriptive term "cohesive" is only used on the highly cohesive gels (Cohesive and Soft Touch) to emphasise their cohesive properties, as described above.

This brings us to gel cohesivity. Gel cohesivity is the tendency of a gel to stick or hold together. In order of cohesivity: Cohesive gel is the most cohesive followed by Soft Touch Cohesive gel and then followed by Responsive gel. At Inamed we use the gel cohesion test to provide an indication of the degree of cohesivity of gel taken from a completed implant. The gel cohesion test method is defined in the European Standard EN 12180 Non-active surgical implants. Body contouring implants - Specific requirements for mammary implants.

The gel cohesion test measures the "flowability" of the gel. The test is carried out using a standard text fixture, as described in the European Standard, which is essentially a funnel with a hole in the base. At the start of the test the hole is closed and the funnel is filled with gel taken from a breast implant. After a 30 minute settling period the hole is opened and the test fixture left for a further 30 minutes. At the end of this period the length of the pendant portion of gel from the opening of the test fixture is measured. The European Standard requires that the pendant portion of gel should not have separated or be more that 30mm long. At Inamed, both our Cohesive and Soft Touch Cohesive gels routinely return pendant lengths of zero with no gel separation. Responsive gel routinely returns a pendant length of less than 10mm (typically 5mm) with no gel separatione gels (now called responsive gels) and the cohesives...
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

July girls!! - Page 3 Empty Im July too!

Post by Dweeby 29th May 2009, 9:19 am

Hi Girls

Yeah! Really excited only had my consultation on Tuesday this week so wasnt sure I would be joining the July crowd but I am... :lol:

BMI Hospital, consulatant Darren Chester. Looking at going for Nagor implants 240 or 260 maybe 280cc to haul my tiny 32AA into shape (hopefully C cup). In the meantime I will continue with my current obsession of stuffing tights and rice down my bra! Been out like this too and no one batted an eyelid..suspect they might though if punctured, Rolling Eyes and ran away leaving a trail of rice..LOL Hysterical

Glad to be joining the July crowd, doesnt seem too long to wait.

Dweeby xx
Dweeby
Dweeby
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 29th May 2009, 9:28 am

Hooray, and welcome to the club! you can start getting exited now!! Are you having any more consultations before the big day? Are nagors rounds or anatomical and what placement you having do you know? Good luck!! x
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 29th May 2009, 9:43 am

Welcome Dweeby..

I had my first 'operation' dream last night, its was horrible. First of all it wasn't my PS, and for some reason I didn't notice until he'd started the op, then I realised that I was awake for the op, he made a cut above my boob and was doing some lipo there :suspect: , tv camera's were there.. ala Embarrassing Bodies, then after the camera crew went the PS just left, didn't finish.. I was then running around somewhere that was massive and clinical in my dressing gown, crying and looking for someone to finish my op.. It was horrible. I'm not put off though, can't wait :lol:
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dweeby 29th May 2009, 10:01 am

Hi Danables

PS has suggested partial unders and round which Im going for. Bit worried about the fact that it will hurt more going under the muscle, but I havent that much spare tissue to cover, so should give the best finished result.. :)

Dweeby x
Dweeby
Dweeby
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 29th May 2009, 10:04 am

Im having partials too Dweeby no getting away from it as I have very little tissue too, Im sure it'll all be worth it though! x
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 29th May 2009, 10:11 am

SB... that sounds gross!

And congrats on booking Dweeby!

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next