Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AHHHHHH!!! Confused, can't make up my mind!!!

4 posters

Go down

AHHHHHH!!! Confused, can't make up my mind!!! Empty AHHHHHH!!! Confused, can't make up my mind!!!

Post by roxanne 2nd December 2011, 12:26 am

I haven't been on here much lately as I've been quietely thinking things over again. Since having my first child five years ago, I knew I would want something done to my breasts to make them look good again. After having my son over two years ago I started to look at all my options. I accepted that I needed a lift, I'm ok with that, my mom had this when I was a child, and she had a full anchor and some removal of tissue, I only need a lollipop lift.

I kept going back and forth about implants though, and a year ago decided I'd prefer lift only, but would be open to both options depending on what PSs say. I've seen two PSs, both said I can get lift only despite not being large breasted (32c) and I didn't need implants to have nice results. I also like the option of not worrying about reop and everything that comes with implants.

This is the thing I'm seriously neurotic. Though I always thought it would be nice to have slightly bigger breasts, I've never felt my size was a problem, and was quite proud of them prebaby. I'm scared that I have complications with implants, or I'm not happy with them, I imagine myself getting all nervous. On the other hand, if I'm gonna have surgery it would be nice to go just a little bigger. Kind of like me before the kids but a little bigger.

The shape is the most important thing for me, not the size. I had my second consult with my PS today to discuss my concerns. I brought up implants the last time to keep my options open, we briefly covered this in October. He said I can't go big with overs, partial unders would hide the rippling more as I have very little fat, I'm athletic shape. On the other hand we both have serious concerns about going under, I'm at high risk of muscle distortion. I have very strong chest muscles, I can easily move my natural breasts just flexing my muscles, imagine with implants! I also don't want to modify my exercise routine. So we ruled out unders even though they offer better coverage and can go bigger.

He told me with overs I can only go up to 210ccs, but will also take 180ccs into op if he thinks they are a better option. I don't want a lot of upper pole, I want a natural slope which can be trickier with overs. But I don't want anatomical, I'm too neurotic, I'd be constantly checking if they'd flipped. He also thought that it wouldn't be the best option either, my breasts are naturally wide, I'm having a lift, they would be at higher risk of rotating in my case. So my best option is low profile which is what I wanted anyway.

I tried the 210cc low profile, they fit very very snuggly in a 32d (though there is always the possibility of having 180 instead). They're overs so I won't be losing much volume once they're in, he said I wouldn't lose any, the bra was on real tight.

I'm so confused, I'm tired of going back and forth. I thought I made up my mind. I asked my husband for his opinion. He said do nothing, I said that's not one of the choices! He said if I'm gonna get the op I might as well go a little bigger, but on the other hand I might constantly worry about them, and have to save more for pontential reops. So not too much help there as he only repeated what I have been asking myself for the last two years AHHHHHH!!! Confused, can't make up my mind!!! 869500

Anyway, I was hoping to have a surgery date, now I need to think more. PS wants to talk to me for about 40 minutes on phone because we ran out of time and I live two hours away. Plus, if I go the implant route as well as lift, he'd prefer a third consult as well.

One thing that I do know though, is that I'd like one op or the other, not the no op option (an option both husband and ps gave me, lol).
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

AHHHHHH!!! Confused, can't make up my mind!!! Empty Re: AHHHHHH!!! Confused, can't make up my mind!!!

Post by Love2run 2nd December 2011, 10:45 am

Sounds like you are in a pickle! I have a wide athletic frame and had a 270 low profile anatomical implant. I haven't had a good result the implant doesn't have enough projection to fill out my old tissue and because they are anatomicals I have no uperpole fullness at all which looks stupid because I am so broad. I wanted a natural slope but ended up with nothing! Anyways I ave seen in my travels pics of girls who have had lifts with implants and no implants that have had great results. I know Kay on here has had a lift and 200cc but her dr didn't do a very good job but I am sure she could give you a little insight and might be able to tell you a bit more. I hope you can decide soon!
Love2run
Love2run
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

AHHHHHH!!! Confused, can't make up my mind!!! Empty Re: AHHHHHH!!! Confused, can't make up my mind!!!

Post by roxanne 2nd December 2011, 11:14 am

Interesting Love2run. I did consider anatomicals, but both PS and I agreed it wasn't the right option for me. I'd like minimal upper pole fullness and a natural slope, but I'd be having round overs, so I supposed I'd still have some but not much since they're low profile. I'm having a lollipop lift so the breast will be lifted and tightened and should envelope the implant snuggly.

BTW, nice avatar, you look so natural!
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd December 2011, 1:49 pm

Hi hun I am not an expert and am only going from what I've read on here and seen in surgeons replies. There are many happy people with low profile implants and I would never say these were a bad idea, however there have also been a lot of unhappy people with the low profile and even though they are happy with the shape of them they are unhappy with the projection and can feel they look flatter than before they had the implants, the reason for this is the low profiles are quite a wide implant but are also quite flat. It may be worth seeking some other opinions from different surgeons on implants, especially those with good experience of uplifts with implants, places like my breast rather than just the normal companies like transform (not saying they dont have experince of doing uplifts). In some instances people have been advised (if they want to go a bit bigger) is to have 2 seperate ops, first to have the uplift and second to have the implants, this is because the scars on an uplift can only stretch so far so surgeons are only comfortable doing a certain size implant, for you that would be 200cc low profile, but if you waited to have the 2nd op for implants, you may be able to have maybe a bigger implant in say a moderate profile which would give you a bit more projection.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 2nd December 2011, 3:03 pm

Thanks misf1 :)

I should have mentioned my surgeon is Simon Withey from Mybreast, so he's done a few uplifts with implants :)

He did give me the option of two separate ops, only because I'm not sure whether to get implants or not, so he said I could always decide later if I'm not happy with lift only. I don't want to pay for two ops though, and go through it twice unless I have to. He's also clear that he will not go more than 210cc regardless I'd be too much at risk of serious rippling.

He originally recommended moderate profile. But when I told him I really didn't want much upper pole and really wanted a natural slope, he changed his mind to low profile, which is what I wanted in my head. We both agreed neither anatomicals nor unders were a good option for me. Oh, and have naturally wide breasts, but he will narrow them with my lift. I also don't want too much projection.

I tried on the 210 low profile in a very tight sports bra, and it gave me exactly the look and size I wanted. I just want something to add a little volume and enhance my lift if that makes any sense.

He wants a 40 minute phonecall with me, so I'll discuss this with him, and see what the different outcome might be between low and mod, just to make sure it's the right option.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2run 2nd December 2011, 9:08 pm

When you use the sports bra to try the implants it moulds your breasts to the shape of the bra not neceseraially to the shape of the implant. Trying implants is deceiving and not always correct. My boobs are are horrible shape without a bra but look good in a nice bra. I think if you still have some breast tissue left you should get a nice shape as it will round the implant out a bit but if you didn't I would say to try mods. I am very broad and the low profile feel like pec muscles( part of that is due to bad placement). They feel like they are flat from the front. There I a girl on here who had 290 lows and loves them but that a lot bigger than what you are having. It's really hard to know without knowing what you are like before hand. I have pics on picture trail if you would like to have a look.
Love2run
Love2run
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 3rd December 2011, 5:26 pm

I will give it some more thought. PS wants me to book a phone consult with him, and also another consult in person. That will be a total of four consults including the phone one, so I've got plenty to ask him, and he's got plenty to tell me.

I'll ask him about the concern of lows looking like pec muscles. His original suggestion was 210 mods, he took more measurements after we discussed to lows to make sure they would be fine for my frame. I'm a 34c and both PSs I saw said I'd have nice results with a lift only if it's what I preferred, so I have enough tissue, just not lots if that makes any sense.

Perhaps mods may be a better option, I don't know, I really don't want a round upper pole, and really want a slope, I would be very disappointed if my breasts turned out too round, hence the lows, but now I'm concerned.

I would love to see you picks please Love2run xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 3rd December 2011, 11:53 pm

Interesting. I've had a look at the different implant measurements. Nagor which mybreast use have a higher projection and narrower width for their lower profiles than Natrelle and Mentor lower profiles.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by red 5th December 2011, 3:42 pm

Hiya. I havent posted for a long time because I was very down about my ba-had 390 low profiles unders. They really were very wrong and did look like pec implants -no projection what so ever. Happily though apart from the financial side I had a re-op two and a half weeks ago with extra .high profile and I can tell already they will be fine. My advice is to really research profiles-I didnt even know there was any until I found this forum unfortunately that was after my ba. I have photos on picturetrail if you wanted to have a look of my ba with low profile. Good luck and research research x
red
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 5th December 2011, 4:26 pm

Thanks red, I'd love to see your pics :)
I'm glad to hear you're happy with your new boobs now! xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down