Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly question....

+4
roxanne
spittingfairy
Pussycat
Bubs
8 posters

Go down

Silly question.... Empty Silly question....

Post by Bubs 1st December 2011, 8:53 pm

Sorry if it seems a silly question but my op is next week and I've suddenly started to have all these crazy thoughts and questions running through my mind, but I want to ask realistically how many reops do you think ladies have in a 'normal'/'perfect' scenario?
I'm starting to freak out :-/ but I've been so excited!
Xx
Bubs
Bubs
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Silly question.... Empty Re: Silly question....

Post by Bubs 1st December 2011, 9:51 pm

Any opinions? xx
Bubs
Bubs
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 1st December 2011, 10:57 pm

Hiya Bubs!

I'm sorry I'm not much use, but Pre ba I thought about the chance of needing a reop if something went wrong, which I was sure would happen knowing my luck! But (touch wood) I've had a lovely recovery and I'm sure yours will be fine! Just make sure you follow the advice your pc/surgeon/nurse gives you :)

I guess no one wants a reop due to complications etc, but they do happen and as distressing and disheartening it must be, the results in the end must be so worth it. Try not to worry sweets I'm sure you will be fine!!
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by spittingfairy 2nd December 2011, 8:26 am

I'm not sure what you're asking. How many have reops due to complications,or how many ops to women need to replace implants over their lifetime?

I have no idea about the first one,but I'd hazard a guess at about 10%. These forums make it seem worse,because so many come,have perfect boob jobs,then leave. Whereas ladies who get complications tend to stick around for advice/support. If you're worrying about the fact so many girls on forums need reops,don't,because it's not a reflection of true figures.

The second one...well,I think the "average" implant life is around 10 years,but from what I've heard the actual implant itself isn't always the reason for replacing them. As you age your tissue thins,and sags,so even if your implants are perfect after 10 years you may not like the look any more and want perky boobs again! I guess it all depends on how old you are,whether you mind them looking imperfect after x amount of years...etc!
spittingfairy
spittingfairy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 2nd December 2011, 9:15 am

I asked my PS this yesterday because this is one of the reasons why I can't make up a final decision between uplift only or uplift with implants. He said the total for reops is 18%. There are many reasons for needing a reop, some are due to complications, others are not, some are shortly after surgery, others are a few decades later.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 2nd December 2011, 9:35 am

roxanne my advice.... do the uplift and implants now... the lift gives such a lovely shape, and from what i've heard from some of the girls on the forum, those who were borderline needing an uplift and didn't do it, regretted it, as a couple of years down the line they were unhappy with the result the implants had given as their boobs had sagged a lot. I'm so glad i did both xxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 2nd December 2011, 9:47 am

Thanks Amy. Actually the lift isn't my problem at all, I've decided on a lift quite a while ago. It's the implants I'm undecided about. I keep doing should I shouldn't I, thought I'd made up my mind, then change again. Anyway I don't want to highjack this thread with my issues :), but I've written a super long post about it yesterday!
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd December 2011, 11:22 am

With complications a company if you go with someone with good aftercare will re op a maximum of 3 times only for free if needed. For how many re ops you will need in your lifetime, at a guess every 10 years until you reach an age where surgery could affect your health and you would then consider removal. Maybe late 70's
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 2nd December 2011, 4:29 pm

Yea I'd agree with the girls - plan on a re-op every 10 years. I'd probably do one until it's unsafe due to my age, and then just remove them.
Also, if you plan to have children (or more children, sorry I don't know your age), then you may want to plan for a lift if you plan to breastfeed, I know the little chitlins take breast tissue out of you when feeding Silly question.... 77873

I'm 3 1/2 months Post BA and it's the BEST thing I ever did. I'd be HAPPY to suffer a few weeks of discomfort once every several years to feel this good about myself. I wouldn't EVER change a thing, NEVER BEEN HAPPIER now that I have Silly question.... 156694

good luck with your op and ENJOY it's really a wonderful experience
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 2nd December 2011, 4:55 pm

A friend of mine has had hers in for 15 years !!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 2nd December 2011, 5:04 pm

A friend of mine has had hers for 17 years. She wants to wait til she has children for a reop since there hasn't been any need for one she's holding off. PS said, it's not a ten year rule, if they're still fine twenty years on or more, then there's no need to do anything. I met a girl once who had her old generation silicone ones in for twenty-five years and was still really happy with them, don't know how long she kept them after that though.

If you plan on having children after op they may sag, whether you breast feed or not, the changes that happen during the pregnancy are what make the major difference.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubs 3rd December 2011, 9:47 pm

Thx ladies, I was meaning reop as in the whole ten yr rule thing! So you've answered my question perfect! I did ask my PS but There's so many questions I ask her that I forget some of her answers :-/
I would only ever consider having one more child anyway now as I already have 2.
I was just having a funny five minutes the other night fretting about possibly having an op age 60+ lol. My partner laughs at the things I think about, but I am a worrier! Haha xx
Bubs
Bubs
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down