Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are these people right?

+8
misf1
sparkyleeds
pard434
ClaireLeeds1988
welshvicci123
ab1982
NewdayDawning
Jennieokee
12 posters

Go down

Are these people right? Empty Are these people right?

Post by Jennieokee 22nd November 2011, 4:09 am

Hey

I have just been reading a thread on the daily mail website about pain after breast augmentation (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/chat/r/t-9921504/p-8/index.html) and they al seem to be having a right time of it!

Is what they are saying right? pain gets progressively worse with healing? I have to say that reading this thread has scared me.... please tell me that most of you had a steady recovery and do any of you get pain now ? Shocked
Jennieokee
Jennieokee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Are these people right? Empty Re: Are these people right?

Post by NewdayDawning 22nd November 2011, 4:48 am

Well, that's what you get for reading the Daily Fail.....

Sorry to make light of it, Jenny, but I'm tired of the way that paper messes with people's hopes and fears. I've tried but I can't actually access that particular article, but I don't think I need to.

I'm sure you will find much more information on this site, from a wide range of women who have had all kinds of BA procedures. I found it terrifically useful both before and after my own BA (which was, admittedly, only three weeks ago, so I can't give you any 'long-term' answers).

I may be proved wrong, perhaps by members who have much longer experience and far more posts under their belts than I, but my assessment of the many threads I have read is that, although the symptoms seem serious at the time, most women discover that what seems like 'pain' is really 'discomfort', combined with an emotional rollercoaster, making things seem worse than they perhaps are.

After all, this is almost always elective surgery, so there will always be an element of wondering whether one has done the right thing, so the 'guilt trip'-thing kicks in, too.

I actually had an easy ride, with no more than a few paracetamols on the day of the op, but I guess I was lucky. I also only had moderate implants, but I was very flat before, (I've gone from A cup to C cup), so there was still an appreciable amount of skin-stretching.

I don't want to dismiss the tenderness, soreness, and pain that some women undoubtedly undergo. But I also feel, based on admittedly just a small handful (poor turn of phrase!) of discussions with friends who have also had the op, that a lot of the discomfort is exacerbated by general tiredness. And the tiredness comes from sleeping badly, lying on one's back in a position which most of us find uncomfortable and unnatural.

Again, I may have been very lucky, but after one bad night (18 hours after my op) I asked again if it was absolutely necessary to sleep propped up on my back. I was told that it wasn't - just that most women find it more comfortable! "Do what you find comfortable" was the advice. From then on I slept on my side and had no trouble, either with sleeping or with my boobs. After all, the sports bra provides lots of support (which I've now given up at night, 3 weeks on from the op).

My surgeon told me that statistics suggested that some 5% of women had long-term problems with their implants, although he said that he doubted that all those cases were solely to do with the implants or the operating procedure, but were possibly also linked to other health issues. Furthermore, he said that a good many of those cases would be to do with the older style of implant and older surgical techniques (from 10+ years ago), which, by definition, fall into the 'long-term' camp. And in his own case (with a couple of hundred operations a year) he reckoned on less than 1% having any kind of 'issue' in the medium- to long-term.

Enough. It's just after four in the morning here in the UK so it may be a little while before you get many responses, (most of the girls here will be shuffling restlessly on their piled-up pillows!) but I hope you will be reassured by what other Breast Buddies have to write. Good luck with your op, which I calculate from your ticker will be on 26 December, so I guess you will be having it in Hanoi - can't see too many hospitals in the UK working on Boxing Day!.

Take care x
NewdayDawning
NewdayDawning
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by NewdayDawning 22nd November 2011, 4:50 am

Apologies, Jennie - I see have spelt your name wrongly and I can't find a way to edit it. That's very rude of me. I'm sorry.
NewdayDawning
NewdayDawning
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennieokee 22nd November 2011, 4:52 am

thats ok dont worry, i usually write jenny, thanks so much for your response, has helped alot, did you go under the muscle??

Having my op in Thailand, going to spend New Year over there, then back to Hanoi, then back to the UK, over here for a uni placement!
Jennieokee
Jennieokee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ab1982 22nd November 2011, 7:25 am

Hey hun,
I had a painful few days straight after my op but after about 10days there hasn't been any pain at all! I went under the muscle :)

xxx
ab1982
ab1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennieokee 22nd November 2011, 7:29 am

ah that is great because i am planning on flying back to England 15 days after, that would be an awful flight if i was painful, think i am going for the exact same size, yours look great in your Avatar!
Jennieokee
Jennieokee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 22nd November 2011, 8:17 am

Hun im 3 days PO and im in very little pain, its mainly just discomfort on occasions, nothing some paracetemol wouldnt sort out. You have nothing to worry about.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 22nd November 2011, 8:28 am

Hi Hun I had dual placement yesterday and have so far only taken one codeiene tablet since my op. I would definitely say more discomfort than pain xxx
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennieokee 22nd November 2011, 8:30 am

Claire that is so good, one tablet, i hope I'm the same!

congratulations on your new additions :)
Jennieokee
Jennieokee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 22nd November 2011, 8:39 am

Thank you Hun :) I was supposed to stay overnight yesterday but my surgeon said there wasn't much point if I was in no pain so sent me home at 7pm. I'm sure you will be fine Jennie. You just need to bum shuffle alot!! Lol xx
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pard434 22nd November 2011, 9:34 am

I had 385cc unders and the worst days were day 2 and 3 post op. From then on there has been discomfort but nothing that I have needed pain killers for. It is more like a tight bandlike feeling than pain, except if I stretch too far I feel more of a twinge. You will be fine. I would do it all again in a heartbeat for the feeling it gives you afterwards. Good luck.
pard434
pard434
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 22nd November 2011, 10:18 am

Hi i am 3 days post op and had unders,must say i feel much better today as i slept better last night! i was supplied with some very strong cocodamol/paracetamol tablets which made me very sleepy and spaced out ,so ive cut them down today from 8 to 2,ive made my own cuppa and toast today and can move my arms much better! so i think a couple of days of not feeling too good was worth it to see my boobs in a D sports bra !!!Lots of girls have hardly any pain think i might just be a bit soft !!!xxx Claire!!! so glad everthing went well for you !!was thinking of you !xxxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 22nd November 2011, 11:36 am

Thanks Carole :D I'm too currently in a 34D sports bra!! The biggest one I bought!! I thought I'd never see the day lol. Glad your recovering well :) I'll try get my story up today xx
ClaireLeeds1988
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 22nd November 2011, 12:01 pm

The pain if any will always be bearable, just annoying. I had no pain.

I hope I am not speaking out of place, but I hope you have good aftercare with your surgeon because if you have complications it could be expensive to fly back and fore to Thailand (if your univercity placement has finished). Just wanted to make sure you are fully researched into it, as it is a major operation and an expensive one and complications can happen to anyone.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by louisajane82 22nd November 2011, 1:52 pm

hey, Jenny,

I hardly had any pain, just some discomfort like the other girls say.

Do you know where you're having your incisions? I used to live in Thailand and looked into getting my BA there, they seem to use the armpit incision alot? I don't know but I would think this would be more painful than the under breast incision as I assume there would be alot more trauma to the body as they are moving the implant further? Also, from what I've read on here girls with unders tend to have more pain / discomfort than girls with overs.

Hope it all goes well xx
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by cocogirl 22nd November 2011, 2:08 pm

I had unders 2 and a bit weeks ago - in all honesty the first week was bad: lots of pain, struggling to move because of discomfort and/or pain, I had my period (which always makes me a bit blue, but post op blues, plus pain, plus period blues was a lot to deal with!) and I really missed just doing normal things. But after that first rotten week, it all got back to normal very quickly - a few days of twingey discomfort when driving, but I didn't need any painkillers after day 9 or 10 (when I went back to work) and now I feel brilliant! Just desperate for them to drop and look like normal boobs instead of strange round stuck on ones, but pain-wise it was a perfectly normal, acceptable progression from very sore, to sore to discomfort to fine!

I would always totally disregard anything I read in the Daily Mail, but especially with regards to breast augmentation, the girls on here know far more about it than anyone writing in a newspaper. Don't be scared - you might be sore for a bit, but bodies are amazing at healing. Hug

xxxxxx
cocogirl
cocogirl
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp 22nd November 2011, 2:34 pm

COCOGIRL...thought you were MIA...glad you're back hon...xxx Hug

and Jennie...it's trash...that's why it's still going..people believe anything!! Lol! :doh: But you know better...good girl!! xxx Heart
katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by cocogirl 22nd November 2011, 2:50 pm

katyp - I have been!!! Totally back to normal (except with much better boobs now!!) and so back to being totally rushed off my feet all the time! 3 kids, work, house to look after.... Not enough time. Try to get on here every few days to see how everyone is, but struggling. Big hugs to everyone, cos you're all amazing xxxxxxxxxxxx
cocogirl
cocogirl
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp 22nd November 2011, 3:12 pm

We miss you too... Post a thread the girls will welcome you back I'm sure... Heart group hug
katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 22nd November 2011, 3:34 pm

I also had unders - and no "pain" it was discomfort. Days 1 - 3 were like someone kneeling on my chest. Taking a deep breath was not advisable - but then it's the same with a chest cold!!!!

Days 4 - 10 were annoying just keeping my arms down *which you HAVE to with unders* since I was feeling better. I went back to work - driving myself - on day 4.

Day 10 - 20 ribs were sore, and then it's just over - one day, you don't know what happened but you feel like you've always had boobies!

Don't be scared - true there are possible complications, and there are girls (even on here) who have had pain and emotional trauma from having this. But the best thing is to stay on here. We'll help you!!

xxx
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down