Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seen my Surgeon regarding revision surgery

+10
kinkyboots33
alexandra33
Lauren87
Shell025
alfie
kay
wales82
donna dj
georgiana76
butterfly7713
14 posters

Go down

Seen my Surgeon regarding revision surgery Empty Seen my Surgeon regarding revision surgery

Post by butterfly7713 26th October 2011, 11:42 am

Hi girls,

some of you may remember I have posted recently regarding my nipples being to high after a full uplift with 390 unders 9 months ago now. My ps has been waiting for them to fully heal but I saw him this week and he is putting me forward for revision surgery that hopefully MyBreast will agree to.

It has to go to the board of surgeons etc and they will let me know if it will be done for free so I am keeping my fingers crossed. My surgeon said he is going to try and put the implant higher and re-stitch the breast tissue down to the chest wall as my implants have bottomed out cauisng me high nipple placement on the implant. They have looked this way from day one after surgery which he thinks is caused by my skin being very stretchy and thinks it could happen again but I have to try as I feel like a freak! Seen my Surgeon regarding revision surgery 62722 .

He was very nice about it all and thinks it will be ok so I hope they are going to see me right. Wish me luck girls x
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Seen my Surgeon regarding revision surgery Empty Re: Seen my Surgeon regarding revision surgery

Post by georgiana76 26th October 2011, 11:52 am

Good Luck hun Hug
georgiana76
georgiana76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 604

Back to top Go down

Seen my Surgeon regarding revision surgery Empty Re: Seen my Surgeon regarding revision surgery

Post by donna dj 26th October 2011, 12:04 pm

i hope they sort it out for you xxxxx

i'm seeing my ps in 3 weeks, as i've said before i hope it's still early days but sounds like we have the same problem!!

xxx
donna dj
donna dj
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by wales82 26th October 2011, 12:06 pm

Good luck I have everything crossed for you xxx
wales82
wales82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th October 2011, 12:36 pm

That's great news hun xx yipee

Will keep my fingers crossed for you xx That's the procedure that I need to correct bottoming out xx

Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 26th October 2011, 12:48 pm

Great news butterfly, I know you have been unhappy and it's good news your surgeon agrees, so I'm keeping everything crossed MyBreast stand by you hun. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell025 26th October 2011, 12:57 pm

best of luck x
Shell025
Shell025
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 26th October 2011, 3:24 pm

Thanks girls, I hope it doesn't take to long for them to make a decision, i'm such a worrier it's driving me nuts already Seen my Surgeon regarding revision surgery 856466
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 26th October 2011, 3:39 pm

That's great news huni good luck!
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 571

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 26th October 2011, 4:10 pm

It's great that your surgeon is on your side - hope the group agrees and you get it sorted ASAP!!

xx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th October 2011, 4:19 pm

I'm sure they will agree to it hunni xx

Your PS is the key to getting it all agreed really xx well done to him for standing by his work xx

Try not to worry to much and keep busy xx did they give you a rough idea of how long the decision may take?? xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 26th October 2011, 6:29 pm

No he didn't Kay, he just said it has to go to the board and they will make a decision. The thing i'm worried about is the fact that he thinks it may happen again even if it is corrected and i'm worried that this might affect the decision. Also that the problem is down to my skin and not something that he has done so i'm worried they will say I have to pay. Here I go again, worry,worry,worry Seen my Surgeon regarding revision surgery 869500
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th October 2011, 8:13 pm

Well, even if they fix it, it probably will happen again IN TIME sweety xx but then everyone on here will have to have lifts, change impants etc etc in later life and as time goes on due to the law of gravity and the elasticity of your skin changing as you age xx however you will probably get a few years out of them if fixed properly xx At least he is being honest with you xx

The PS I saw did say to me that OVER time they will bottom out again xx But then if I can get maybe 10 years out of them I will be happy xx after that I might consider a scar revision and explant who knows, but right now I would just like central nipples haha xx

I will tell you now, google it if you don't believe me if your boobs have been the way they are since you had them done it has been caused by over dissection of the pocket, which is surgeon error xx it does happen and they do get it wrong xx

When did you have your op? xx If it was fairly recent, I'm not being funny hun but even if 'the committee' said no I would seriously consider taking them to a civil court to get my money back xx in fact I wouldn't consider it I would do it!! xx Use the sale of goods act hun, fit for purpose and as described and all that xx

Keep us posted xx even if you have to PM me and I'll talk you through it, it's really really easy xx Hopefully it won't come to that though and they will look after you xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkyboots33 26th October 2011, 8:29 pm

Hello Butterfly!

Glad to her you have a decent ps who admits his faults, well kinda! Im with Kay though, i remember seeing your boobies waaaaay back and although they looked 100 times better I remember your nipples sitting too high so..... it cant all be down to the elasticity of your skin. A very good ps recently told me that a good ps revision rate for an uplift/aug can be as high as 1/4 because it is hard to get right first time and that often there is little minor tweaks needed. Im sure my breast will give it the go ahead so try not to worry but if they start any crap with ya you still have your pics Seen my Surgeon regarding revision surgery 571992
kinkyboots33
kinkyboots33
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 26th October 2011, 8:39 pm

Good luck hun! x
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 27th October 2011, 5:36 pm

Thanks girls,

Thank's Kay, I have read about overdiesction of the pocket causing this if they bottomed out straight away so I will fight for the free re-op if I have to but hopefully it will be sorted with no hassle.

Thanks Kinky, I remember showing you my pics and as you say I was newly po when you saw my pics and you agree they were high then so I know it's not in my head. I am so pleased I took pics early po.

Does anyone know roughly how long a decision usually takes? xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 27th October 2011, 5:39 pm

Kay, had my op Feb this year x
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rk19 27th October 2011, 10:28 pm

good luck hun, hope it goes ahead, and all goes well. Seen my Surgeon regarding revision surgery 571992
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 28th October 2011, 7:12 am

good luck babe!! im sure they will do it for free! can u have ur nipple brought down lower? like a nipple lift reverse?? Hug
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 28th October 2011, 7:43 am

Hey Jen, they can't move a nipple down but by placing my implant higher (it's to low at the mo anyway) then the nipple will sit lower on the breast mound. It's because the implants have bottomed out that the nipples are where they are. Fingers crossed it works and they do it for me.

How are you hun, have you had any improvement with yours? xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 28th October 2011, 7:56 am

kinkyboots33 wrote:A very good ps recently told me that a good ps revision rate for an uplift/aug can be as high as 1/4 because it is hard to get right first time and that often there is little minor tweaks needed. Im sure my breast will give it the go ahead so try not to worry but if they start any crap with ya you still have your pics Seen my Surgeon regarding revision surgery 571992

:thumbs: KB is right I've also been told by surgeons that a large pecentage need revision ops to get them right xx

butterfly7713 wrote:I have read about overdiesction of the pocket causing this if they bottomed out straight away so I will fight for the free re-op if I have to but hopefully it will be sorted with no hassle.

Does anyone know roughly how long a decision usually takes? xx

Definitely worth fighting for xx I don't know with your company how long for sure, but Transform take up to 20 working days to reply, I would imagine that your company is similar xx

butterfly7713 wrote:Kay, had my op Feb this year x

They should definitely not have bottomed out so soon gorgeous xx so if 'the committee' fob you off, you need to fight them xx

jen86 wrote:can u have ur nipple brought down lower? like a nipple lift reverse?? Hug

Like Butterfly says they don't bring the nipple down hun, they take away some of the skin on the under side of the breast and then re drape the breast tissue, sometimes stitching it down to the chest wall and then re-stitch the skin along the infra mammary fold xx it has the effect of pushing the implant up and centralising the nipple and areola, creating a type of hammock inside the breast xx

Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 28th October 2011, 1:10 pm

Thanks Kay, you are a wealth of knowledge regarding this and I really appreciate your advice xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by XxTracyxX 28th October 2011, 1:26 pm

This is the exact same procedure that I have to have in January.
I have to finish healing from my original op first though.
My ps was brilliant and told me that it would all be covered with my after care and that it happened because he had to lower my breast crease to even my boobs up in the first place but he has lowered it too much, he said it won't get any worse and that I can have re op in December but I am opting for January as I don't want to be sore over Christmas,

Hope it goes well for you x
XxTracyxX
XxTracyxX
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 28th October 2011, 3:04 pm

Hi XxTracyxX,

Thanks and I hope your re-op goes well to. I will have to try and work my op around work as I can't take any time off for recovery so will have to do it around kid's holidays when I am off. I just want to know that it will go ahead at all for starters lol. Good luck hun x
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down