Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Costs of appointments.

+8
loopylou
scissorssarah
BKOZ
Clara
mizzmorgan
alexandra33
misf1
rosey73
12 posters

Go down

Costs of appointments. Empty Costs of appointments.

Post by rosey73 30th September 2011, 1:17 pm

hi there. I have 3 appointments with 3 different companies. One with transform which is free, one with Nuffield hospital which I have managed to get for free because I attended a talk there one night. Another one with Mr Kay a plastic surgeon in Harrogate. Mr Kay charges £150.00 for his consultations which seems quite a lot of money if I decide not to go with him. Is this normal practice to charge. It's just that I am sticking to a really tight budget to pay for my boobs and I hadn't really thought about consultants fees. Also I am not wanting surgery until February, is it too early to be having consultations.

rosey73
rosey73
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Costs of appointments. Empty Re: Costs of appointments.

Post by misf1 30th September 2011, 1:20 pm

It is quite normal for surgeons to charge a fee. It's only the big clinics who can afford to do them for free.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 30th September 2011, 1:30 pm

Hey hun,

Most PS over here do the consult for free, I mean, they only talk to you for about 10 minutes, their nurses and office staff do the rest. But over there, I'm not sure. Maybe this surgeon spends an hour with you, and does everything, in which case it's right for him to charge for his time.

I'd ask them EXACTLY how much time Mr. Kay spends with you personally on these consultations. If it's 45 mins/ 1 hour, that may be reasonable. But if you're being fobbed off on the nurses , etc, then idk it seems kind of high a price to pay.

As for timing of consult, I went for one and ended up scheduling for a month and a half later...I don't think it's ever "too early" to do a consult - you'll probably be eager to get them done once you get the consult though!

Good luck!!

xxx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzmorgan 30th September 2011, 1:40 pm

I paid for one at £150. I didnt go with the ps in the end but thought would rather pay now than wish id paid later and i certainly don't regret gettin as much info as I could.

Good luck:))))
mizzmorgan
mizzmorgan
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Clara 30th September 2011, 1:43 pm

Hi Hun,
I paid £100 for the consultation with the PS I'm going with. Very thorough, he spent well over an hour with me and I can see him again as many times as I want before my op at no extra cost.

x x
Clara
Clara
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by BKOZ 30th September 2011, 2:08 pm

Hi honi paid $150 for mine. free consults went out a long time ago in Australia, i think the logic is that they only want serious people and not time wasters. i paid a deposit at my girst appointment so the full fee was waived. xx
BKOZ
BKOZ
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 602

Back to top Go down

Post by scissorssarah 30th September 2011, 2:18 pm

I went through my breast and payed £25 and then that came off my bill at the end x x
scissorssarah
scissorssarah
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by loopylou 30th September 2011, 2:29 pm

I payed £90 to see one ps, the one I went with was free (and I saw him twice before I'd booked up - he was very local) and a third I believe should have been £50 for a Harley street consult ( he is free elsewhere but I'm in London so was cheaper than driving miles) - but after I got back to work that day I realised they never charged me - bonus!!

You have to decide whats right for you and perhaps make a shortlist of who would be a good choice for you.
Funnily enough the ps I went with - who I only went to see because he was local and free to see turned out to be the best choice for me. These were not a major part of my decision though.
loopylou
loopylou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by rosey73 30th September 2011, 3:56 pm

Thank you for the replies, it's good to know you ladies are here to help x
rosey73
rosey73
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 30th September 2011, 7:06 pm

Omg im with THG and noone has said if I have to pay for consultations, I hope this means they are free and im not gonna be charged extra on top of my BA!!! Would they have told me by now if I had to pay for consultations?!

Sheeeeeeeet!
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammyj 30th September 2011, 7:20 pm

I'm going with an independent private surgeon and paid £120 for the consultation.
I was with him for just over an hour, I know all my measurements and implant size/dimensions.
I can see him again anytime for free.
As mentioned, all private surgeons will charge for a consultation ( it's like going private instead of Nhs) It's only the big cosmetic groups that offer free consultations, mainly with a coordinator / nurse first then they suggest surgeons to you.
Sammyj
Sammyj
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by LM 30th September 2011, 7:23 pm

hi, i booked with one surgeon and it woz gonna be £130 then booked with another which woz gonna b £150 so did some research and decided on which ps i wanted and cancelled the other app. im glad i chose the ps i did, he answered soooo many questions and made me feel at ease. you also have to thinnk and research the hospital.

pussycat i woz always told wen i booked the app the cost and had to pay at start so i wud think u r ok and got urs for free :) xxx
LM
LM
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 30th September 2011, 7:31 pm

Aww phew! Thankyou!

Sorry to hijack your post rosey!
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by stokesy88 30th September 2011, 7:32 pm

I went with the Nuffield and saw my surgeon 3 times before my op, all were free (the first time I had a voucher from the cosmetic evening). Not sure how much he would normally charge though! xxx
stokesy88
stokesy88
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down