Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunbeds after op....?

5 posters

Go down

Sunbeds after op....? Empty Sunbeds after op....?

Post by LHB 19th September 2011, 11:47 am

I was supposed to be having psoriasis treatment now, but because of my op in 2 weeks I have to wait till I have recovered now, as I can't wear any clothes at all on the special sunbeds at the hospital!! Just wondering if anyone knows how long after my op can I go on the sunbeds with my boobs and incisions out? I will talk to my surgeon about it, just wanted a heads up now :) xx thanks xx
LHB
LHB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Sunbeds after op....? Empty Re: Sunbeds after op....?

Post by welshvicci123 19th September 2011, 11:57 am

I think it may be 6 weeks or more, with the scars they need to be completely healed, get a heads up from ps for certain time frame.

x x x
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by LHB 19th September 2011, 12:02 pm

Thanks vicci :) Gutted that I have to wait, but it was either wait for the treatment or wait even longer for boobs and I just had to pick boobs, kinda silly as my skin does need treating, I just couldn't bear to re-book boobs :( Atleast if my incisions turn to psoriasis then the treatment should also clear them up too with having it afterwards. Yea will be deffo asking as I don't want to ruin my new boobs :) x
LHB
LHB
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 19th September 2011, 11:27 pm

For your scars, you will need to keep them covered for a year. But lots of girls on here have gone on sunbeds quite soon after - only a couple of weeks or so - just need to protect the boobs with some extra sunscreen as the skin can be thin due to the implant stretching it, which can cause them to burn easier.

But the scars in particular should stay covered, as the skin is so new and sensitive, if they tan the skin will actually always stay brown, so it will make the scars more prominent (it's the same with any scars, not just boob ones...).

Hope that doesn't interfere with the treatment too much?!? x
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey 19th September 2011, 11:37 pm

I asked my doctor the same thing. She said 2 weeks after BA, but to cover the scars up until they are completely and fully healed!
monkey
monkey
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 322

Back to top Go down

Post by LHB 20th September 2011, 3:17 pm

Thanks guys :) I wont be able to put anything at all on my skin when on the sunbeds as they are special sunbeds at the hosp and they burn you more than normal sunbeds, you only go on for about 30seconds at first. if i wear a top on these sunbeds then wear the same top again the next time i go the top may not cover the exact same skin if could be off by millimetres which means skin that was covered the time before is not covered the next time so ill get badly burnt on those bits of skin, its hard to write down, sounds confusing ,but i know what i mean haha x
LHB
LHB
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 20th September 2011, 7:19 pm

I was going to say you can just put tape over your scars, as I did from about 2 weeks after the op onwards, but I see it's more complicated than that for you.
You need to cover your scars for a whole year I'm afraid otherwise they'll go really dark and noticeable and stay that way.
You'll just have to talk to your Dr's about it cos a year would be a long time to wait, I did find if I put my tape on in the mirror I could be very pricise putting it in the same place each time. x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by LHB 21st September 2011, 2:44 pm

Yea it is complicated, thanks for your advice :) I am having nipple incision... will that make a difference? x
LHB
LHB
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down