Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRE-OP blues

+6
rk19
TSmith
GucciGucci
Pussycat
nikitaw86
xbeautifulx
10 posters

Go down

PRE-OP blues Empty PRE-OP blues

Post by xbeautifulx 17th September 2011, 8:32 am

I love everyones story's and recollection of surgery day but I have a couple more questions for the post op dolls :flowers:

I have never had any type of surgery and am wondering what the opening table looks like? - is it a cold metal table or is it a normal bed or something else.

Also when having the cannula put in did it actually hurt anyone at all because I have a huge fear of needles and looking at YouTube cannula videos, it looks like more than a needle to me nope it looks like a tube.

And I have not had any sort of injection for what feels like decades, therefore does I not hurt when the sleeping meds are going in to "the tube" as I can imagine it is flowIng in must faster than the blood in your veins therefore my logic tells me that would be an awful lot of pressure and it would really hurt me something rotten sad smile
xbeautifulx
xbeautifulx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 478

Back to top Go down

PRE-OP blues Empty Re: PRE-OP blues

Post by nikitaw86 17th September 2011, 9:08 am

hey i'm pre op but have had minor surgery and no neeed to be worried the tables aren't metal or didn't feel it atleast, cannula didn't hurt me one bit over in seconds and once ur asleep u don't have a clue whats going on till u wake up and realise ur in the recovery room xx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 17th September 2011, 10:42 am

Hey doll I've had surgery a few times and I know beforehand it's really daunting, but it really isn't bad! I don't know about anybody else, but when I have had GA, there is no pain at all, it just feels cold running up my arm. It's a strange feeling but I quite like GA and it only lasts a few seconds, and before you know it you're coming round again!
As for the operating table thing it can't be bad as I can't really remember but I'm pretty sure it's just a bed type thing?
I know its scary but please don't worry! You'll be totally fine :)
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by GucciGucci 17th September 2011, 10:50 am

Hi, I have a major fear of needles (except tattoo needles for some strange reason!) and I had a cannula when I had my son & it's really not that bad!

You'll be OK babe, just stay away from Youtube! x
GucciGucci
GucciGucci
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 394

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 17th September 2011, 10:53 am

I've had my appendix taken out and they actually made me shuffle to the operating table from my bed lol. All i remember is that it was a really thin table thing compared to a normal bed and thats about it.. I think it was metal but not cold.

My cannula was in my arm crease not the back of my hand but im not sure that would make much of a difference? they just needed to take blood beforehand so thats why they did it there. I remember the anaethesiest said that i'd feel a cold sensation going up my arm and also maybe a yuck taste in my mouth with the GA - seems like a few seconds later that i woke up in the recovery room not realising that i had already had the operation! To be honest, i loved the whole experience! Cant wait for my BA cos i get to go through it all again hehe

Nothing to worry about hunni. Its a breeze :)
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by xbeautifulx 17th September 2011, 5:48 pm

I agree I need to stay off YouTube, thanks for the reassurance dolls x
xbeautifulx
xbeautifulx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rk19 17th September 2011, 6:44 pm

hey hun, i know this is so easy for me to say, but ive been through it....do not think about whats going to happen on day of op and how it will feel, trust me, its only going to make u think its worse than it actually is. And like you've said yourself, pls stay off watching vids.

As you stop worrying about things, you will be calm, when you're calm the pain is not as bad as it would be when you're worried

When i had cannula put in, it was a quick stab at my hand, not half as bad as i thought. Just think boobies and you will get through just fine sweetie - if i can do it, ANYONE can!! Good luck xxx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 17th September 2011, 7:24 pm

hi beautiful,
it really isn't as bad as you think hun, its one second of quick pain, NOTHING even close to giving birth if you have children you'll feel a lot better now!!
I really like going under GA!!! Its a really relaxing feeling! Then the next thing you know ur waking up. Stop watching youtube hun, it looks far worse than it feels, PROMISE xxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by xbeautifulx 17th September 2011, 9:48 pm

Hey Amy, nope I'm not a mother yet...so wouldn't be able to compare it to that. I am going to try to keep off YouTube and also research hypnosis. I think my knees will buckle if I have to walk to theatre, I wish they would do the putting me to sleep in my room and wheel me down as I'm quite scared of the theatre too. I think it's the clinical ness of it... I'm just a big scardy cat
xbeautifulx
xbeautifulx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by xbeautifulx 20th September 2011, 8:50 pm

What us wrong with me? I feel like I am on a roller coaster from minute to minute. First I can't wait to get my BA then I am seriously 2nd thinking it.

Please don't tell me it's going to be like this the entire time? Maybe I don't want it and am coming up with reasons not to have it? But then I feel the excitement when others post with their experiences.

Right now I am feeling really scared of CC....and thinking that I shouldn't have this op because of it! I don't know what's wrong with me, nobody else seems to be this on edge or this up and down about it shrug
xbeautifulx
xbeautifulx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 20th September 2011, 8:55 pm

I think it is only natural to feel that way hun, as your changing apart of you that you have lived with all of your life and yes it is a scary thought.

I think it will get better closer to your op date as excitment will kick in. I mean sometimes you have to think along the lines of 'would you regret it if you didn't have it done' or are you happy to wait.

It wouldn't be normal if you didnt have all these feelings hun, I mean some days like today I look at my boobs and think do I really need to change these, are they actually ok, then reality kicks in and I do want it and would only regret by not having it.

Chin up hun PRE-OP blues 571992
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiecon 20th September 2011, 9:56 pm

Hi Darling, i get you completly!
am wondering what the opening table looks like?
A) it looks just like on telly the room is very big but almost empty theres a few peeps wen u walk in they help u on the bed wich is hard and very thin i thought i was too fat for it lol!! theres big lights i was nervous but i had an amazing male nurse who put my mid to ease!!

Also when having the cannula put in did it actually hurt anyone
A) it didnt hurt i was talking like a manic women to the sergoun petrified i wuldnt fall asleep lol! he put it in and said 'u will fell cold go up ur arm' wich i did then he said and you will taste metal in your mouth - i said 'yup there it is' he said 'you wil feel sleepy in 5,4' and i was gone lol! when i woke up i thought that i had fallen aslep in my room they explained i had had it done and evrything was good a few mins later i was weeled back to my room with my man waiting :) its not scary it was nerve racking but great!! xxx
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by xbeautifulx 23rd September 2011, 6:39 pm

Aw thanks dolls I'm feeling much better today....I love when I feel like I'm on the highest peak of the roller coaster.
xbeautifulx
xbeautifulx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bronzewolf 23rd September 2011, 7:11 pm

I think its quite normal to feel you really want it and then you dont. I chickened out on my consultation that i was supposed to have a few weeks ago, but after a week rebooked. Ive been under a GA twice and its really nothing to worry about, a needle ***naughty word*** is just that and well before you know it you will be in LALA land. I think what makes me feel even more confident is that we are all doing it via private care and so i think from what i have read the one on one personal contac, food, cleanliness etc is of a higher standard. I personally feel more worried about naseau after the GA which i have read now they offer you anti sickness tab, a sore throat due to the tube and well the first few days of healing..... but eh it makes life exiting enjoy it x
bronzewolf
bronzewolf
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 23rd September 2011, 7:15 pm

same bronzewolf recovery is my fear lol xx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down