Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Areola reduction after BA anyone?

4 posters

Go down

Areola reduction after BA anyone? Empty Areola reduction after BA anyone?

Post by baf 13th September 2011, 2:53 pm

Hi everyone

I didn't think of doing this before my BA but now that I have had my BA and the areola has stretched a bit, it looks big and I really don't like it. I want to make them smaller to make my new boobs look better.

Has anyone done this after BA?

what is the surgery like?

is it quite painful afterwards?

would it damage my implants?

and does anyone know how much it costs?
baf
baf
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Areola reduction after BA anyone? Empty Re: Areola reduction after BA anyone?

Post by kiwigirl 13th September 2011, 9:56 pm

I'm kind of interested to know about this too... I'm worried about mine getting massive. I already think they are pretty big and don't like the idea of them getting bigger Areola reduction after BA anyone? 683465
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by baf 14th September 2011, 12:43 pm

Hi Kiwigirl

Are you going to have crease incisions? why don't you ask for areola incisions and ask your surgeon to make them smaller at the same time? I would have done that if I knew...
baf
baf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 14th September 2011, 9:53 pm

Yeah, I'm going with the crease, as that was the surgeons recommendation and preference. I'm sort of weary of making any cuts around my nipples pre-children... you know, I'm sort of scared that if I tamper with anything around there I might risk my chances of breastfeeding (possibly... maybe??) in the future. Maybe I'm being silly, but I'm sort of thinking I want the implants, the my areola concerns are less of an issue to me, so I'm going to see how they look after my BA, and if I really want them reduced I'll maybe reassess...

I dunno... I might be a bit late in the game to spring a donut-lift type areola reduction on my PS!!
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by baf 15th September 2011, 10:34 am

That is a very good point, but according to my surgeon the risk of not being able to breast-feed is tiny, but then again I don't think I would have done it if I was planning to have children, just like yourself, it is a risky decision.

If they are not bothering you then you should just get the implants for now, you can always do the reduction later on in the future.
baf
baf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kristenb89 15th September 2011, 5:38 pm

i had implants and tubular correctional surgery and was booked in for an areola reduction at the same time for a set amount. the day before the surgery my PS measured my nipples again and said "look, your nipples are right on the border of being 'LARGE' but its not really bad (i think he said that 5cm was considered large and mine were 4.5cm). they will get bigger with the implants but your whole breast will be bigger so it'll be in proportion i.e. not noticable. you're only young (21) and i assume you want children in the future and having children, creating breastmilk, and breastfeeding will change the nipple anyway. So in his opinion to be practical he recommended not to do it. so i took his advice and didn't have it done. he told me it was a very simple procedure to do at a later date and its not expensive. the incision i had was half of my areola (the bottom half) to do all the work he needed to do and the implants. After the surgery they were numb. totally numb. the feeling has come back slowly but even now its not back totally, but its normal! dont let pain scare you off, and also he said that if you could breastfeed before the surgery, you can breastfeed after! so thats not an issue for me either. i highly doubt it would damage your implants. oh, and the scar is fabulous you can hardly see it! I don't think ill ever have it done, they just don't bother me tbh. but if you still want to have it done enquire with a surgeon who does many of them, the more experience they have the better the job will be, right enough from me good luck x Areola reduction after BA anyone? 113752
kristenb89
kristenb89
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by baf 16th September 2011, 8:56 am

Hi Kristen

Thank you for your advice :) my nipples are not too large but they are puffy and that bothers me.

my nipples are numb now even though I didn't have areolar incisions, that is why I am really worried I will never get sensation back if I do the reduction, but as you have suggested I will book a consultation, which company did you go with? if you don't mind me asking...
baf
baf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kristenb89 2nd October 2011, 10:29 am

Sorry i don't live in the UK anymore, i went with a private surgeon in Benidorm who works with a few hospitals in the area. Areola reduction after BA anyone? 48411
kristenb89
kristenb89
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire1003 2nd October 2011, 5:03 pm

Hi Kristen, Im having tubular correction done with my BA and I was worried about my surgeon going through the nipple but glad you've said the scars are good :)
I was thinking about asking about areola reduction but mine are only just over 4cms and I think maybe they will look better once I get the implants in?? more in proportion.

Im looking forward to having nice shaped big boobies this time next week!
Did your op sort out the tuberous shape totally? x
Claire1003
Claire1003
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by kristenb89 4th October 2011, 4:52 pm

id like to say yes it did, but theres days when ill just be reeeeallllly picky. my nipples are the slightest bit puffy... sometimes. if i stand in a certain position (which i never normally stand in, and would only stand in if i was demented!) i think i can see like the shape of the old boobs on top of the new but in reality its nothing!! Theyre fabulous and i cant even remember what they looked like before Areola reduction after BA anyone? 43418 the lowering of the crease made such a difference, theyve got a nice round shape to them now and i fit properly into bras. and like you said nipples now look in proportion, even though they've actually got half a centimetre bigger (didnt know this before, just measured them!!)

In short i would do it all over again, i dont regret anything and i love them!! Areola reduction after BA anyone? 773440
kristenb89
kristenb89
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down