Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it normal to feel the implant?

4 posters

Go down

Is it normal to feel the implant? Empty Is it normal to feel the implant?

Post by baf 6th September 2011, 12:52 pm

Hi everyone,

one more question...

Is it normal to feel the implant in one of your breasts?

Left one is okay, I don't feel anything abnormal, but right one is well weird when I move, I feel the implant, mostly at the bottom and it kind of hurts and pokes me.

I have not had any post op check ups after my surgery because my surgeon is on holiday and he is not coming back until the end of September!!! He said he will show me how to massage the implants then. I am a bit worried as other people seem to be massaging at just 2 weeks post op.

Could this be the reason I am feeling the implant?
baf
baf
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Is it normal to feel the implant? Empty Re: Is it normal to feel the implant?

Post by jen86 6th September 2011, 1:49 pm

hey, most possibly yes, though it doesnt mean anything is wrong. I could feel it but not with my hand, i could feel it when i moves around...like when i leaned down, i would feel it drop. This only happened in my left breast, n lasted about two weeks then came back again. The implant just needed more time to adhere to the pocket.

Some girls can actually feel their implant with their hands, but again, if it isnt exactly visible, it may be something you may haveto get used to. xxx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 6th September 2011, 1:52 pm

also, just noticed you had my surgeon!! and he never told me how to massage the implant, the nurse did. Why dont you give the clinic a ring hun and see if you can see your nurse instead?

i was eventually told by my nurse when i brought it up. YOU literally put a hand or your fingers at either side of one boob and gentle press down and side to side a little, pushing each hand inwards to your chest. n move your hands gradually all over your breast till youve massaged it al. Wait untill you see a proffesional though untill you do this!
xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by baf 6th September 2011, 2:01 pm

Hi Jen

I was just going to say the same thing, we have had the same surgeon, however I did mine at Highgate hospial, London, which means he came here for the surgery and I don't have access to his clinic.

Are you happy with the results? I found Dr Mounir a bit weird, he did not let me choose the implant size, he said he cannot put in anything larger than 300cc and didn't even discuss the type with me!!!

I am not happy with the size at all, they look really small :(
baf
baf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RedUmbrella 6th September 2011, 3:16 pm

Sorry to hi-jack the thread a bit but am a bit worried - I am 12 days post-op and have been massaging mine a bit, I didn't realise you were supposed to wait a certain amount of time before doing that. They've been feeling quite tight and weird today, do you think I could have done any damage??

Sorry to hear you're not happy with yours baf :( Are they a lot smaller than you'd hoped for? What size were you before?
RedUmbrella
RedUmbrella
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by baf 6th September 2011, 3:39 pm

Hi Redumbrella,

I don't actually know if you are supposed to wait a certain amount of time before massaging them, I have a feeling my surgeon has said that because he is on holiday until the end of the month. some people start massaging at 1 week... I am really confused myself, hopefully someone will let us know here

but if your surgeon has told you you can do it, then it should be fine.

I was 32A before, haven't got measured yet, but I think I am a B now Is it normal to feel the implant? 856466 I was hoping for a C at least.
baf
baf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 6th September 2011, 3:45 pm

hey girls,

different surgeons recommend u start massaging them at different times, its just what they each prefer, so i wouldnt worry if your told something completely diffreent to someone else.

as for mr mounir, i liked him, he was very pleasant and funny n made me laugh. He gave me the options of three different implants inc 380cc, 410cc and 460cc. I took the biggest\!! the surgeon generally will look at your annatomy, skin condition ( like elasticity etc) and see what implant is the max they recommend. If they force one in that wont fit, you skin can become severly stretched and result in obvious strecth marks.

redunmbrella im sure u havent done any damage, implants are very robust!! take it easy on the massaging, and be gentle if u do. more likely its just aches n pains of th recovery time.

xxx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 6th September 2011, 3:49 pm

oh n baf, u r very early in ur recovery sweetheart and as ur implants drop and settle u will start to look alot fuller. in th beginning they r very pointy n stuck on like, n this is all normal. you will always read posts on here frm girls early into recovery moaning bout how small they feel, thn fast forward a couple of months n they love them!
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RedUmbrella 6th September 2011, 3:58 pm

Thanks jen. That has made me feel much better. To be honest I haven't been properly massaging them, just a little round the edges (more to make sure they're not hardening or anything like that) but I will be careful about it. Seeing my surgeon on Friday so hopefully she'll give me some more advice then. What you said to baf about boobs looking pointy and stuck on to start with helped me too as mine have definitely been like this - I know it will settle eventually but it's nice to hear it again. Thanks a lot :)
RedUmbrella
RedUmbrella
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RedUmbrella 6th September 2011, 4:03 pm

PS baf I totally understand you feeling disappointed but like jen said, they could still change a lot in the next few weeks and months. I had 300cc unders and since having my op have gone from thinking they look massive to actually being slightly disappointed and thinking I could have gone bigger. I think it's natural to experience boob greed even in the early days - try not to worry too much as from everything I've been told, it takes a long time before they take on their 'final' shape and size.
RedUmbrella
RedUmbrella
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 6th September 2011, 4:08 pm

Hey Baf - if you got 300cc my guess is you'll be at least a C - it's generally 150-200cc per cup size (that's rough estimate). But some look fuller than others! I'm measuring a 36D/34DD, but I look about a full C - implants always measure bigger and look smaller, but I'm thinking you'll likely measure a C or even maybe a D!

Good luck sweetie!

xx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by baf 7th September 2011, 9:38 am

Hi girls, thank you for your replies, I know the dropping and fluffing will eventually happen and hopefully I will look fuller but at the moment it feels like it is taking forever, although it has only been a month since my surgery, guess I am too impatient Is it normal to feel the implant? 375568

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
baf
baf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down