Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will using sunbed help scars fade ?

+2
CandyCupcake
annaliese76
6 posters

Go down

Will using sunbed help scars fade ? Empty Will using sunbed help scars fade ?

Post by annaliese76 25th August 2011, 11:26 am

Hi, I dont use sunbeds often but i do like to get out in the sun when i can and have used them occassionally in the past. I was just wondering if using one after my op would help scars to fade quickly or make them appear more prominant! and also how long would it be post op b4 i should use them. Feeling rather pale at the moment as ive not managed to have a holiday this year as all my funds have gone into my BA (well worth it tho!) xxx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Will using sunbed help scars fade ? Empty Re: Will using sunbed help scars fade ?

Post by CandyCupcake 25th August 2011, 11:34 am

Hi Annaliese,

Sunbeds will make your scars more prominent. If your scars catch a tan then they will permanently stay the dark red/brown colour. Your supposed to keep them covered up for atleast 12 months, and most surgeons recommend that you dont go on a sunbed for atleast 6 weeks p/o and even then you should still keep your scars covered.

Hope this helps, I was in the same position as you ya see, felt pale and missed a sunbed :( haha

xxx
CandyCupcake
CandyCupcake
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Will using sunbed help scars fade ? Empty Re: Will using sunbed help scars fade ?

Post by annaliese76 25th August 2011, 11:36 am

Thanks Candycupcake , I will just have to wait i guess, but it will be worth itWill using sunbed help scars fade ? 113752 xx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 25th August 2011, 11:42 am

Scars need to be kept out of any UV light sun/sunbed for at least a year, this is because it can cause the scars to pigment and they can change colour permanently. This is because a sun tan is damage to your skin, it's your skins self defence mechanism, scars are new skin and have not healed enough to be able to protect itself/tan like the rest of your skin. Be careful when covering scars to tan the rest of you, as bikinis can still let in UV rays. Scars need to be completely covered. Your new boobs will also need to be covered for a while as the skin has been stretched so will burn and damage very easily. I would suggest 6 months for boobie skin and 1 year for scars. But thats me. Others cover their boobs for a while but not long, most will cover their scars for a year. Fake it for a while after :-)
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by willows 25th August 2011, 11:53 am

i had a scar unrelated to cosmetic surgery but i went on holiday a few months after my operation and had it in the sun and its very brown even now 10 years later...i regret exposing it in sunlight so soon.. if you plan on using sunbeds cover across with a towel you can even get special uv plasters aswell xx
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 25th August 2011, 1:22 pm

Thank u all so much 4 the advice i will definately be faking it 4 a while after my opWill using sunbed help scars fade ? 683328 xx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 25th August 2011, 5:46 pm

hi hun, i go on sunbeds, but i use those winkies on my scars!i put two on each one and they stick on and completely cover my scars.
:)
xxx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by tammo22uk 25th August 2011, 6:00 pm

Oooooh I was wondering this today! Thanks for the info everyone Will using sunbed help scars fade ? 683328
tammo22uk
tammo22uk
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down