Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removed tape/strap at top of boobs...

5 posters

Go down

Removed tape/strap at top of boobs... Empty Removed tape/strap at top of boobs...

Post by kittenswithoutmittens 10th August 2011, 1:44 am

Hia ladies. I am day 7 (really need to set up a ticker!!).
I had a large white piece of tape across the top of my boobs to hold them down and in place I presume, it extended to the sides under my arms. It was really tight at first with the swelling, but as of yesterday it was kinda loose and just formed to the shape of my boobs. And even more so today, and the stickiness had gone a bit. So I took it off. shrug

The nurse did say to me I could take it off if it really bothered me. Haven't been able to get through to my surgeon to double check (he did tell me he would be away this week).
Should I be worried? Anyone else remove their own tape/strap? I still have the bandages on over the incisions (although those could use a change), and that steritape is still on too. Should I ask for the tape to be replaced?
kittenswithoutmittens
kittenswithoutmittens
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Removed tape/strap at top of boobs... Empty Re: Removed tape/strap at top of boobs...

Post by kiwigirl 10th August 2011, 3:23 am

I'm probably not a lot of help, as I'm pre-BA... Removed tape/strap at top of boobs... 267328 but...

If the nurse said you could take it off if it "bothered" you, then I would think you're fine to take it off if it had started to lose it's adherence, anyway.

But in the interest of being safe rather than sorry, and since your surgeon is away, it might be best to see if there is someone else you can run your queries past at the Clinic, just to be sure you're alright to go without the strapping. I would also see if you can get the dressings changed - you don't want to risk infection from dirty dressings - and like I said, better safe than sorry!!

xx
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Removed tape/strap at top of boobs... Empty Re: Removed tape/strap at top of boobs...

Post by Lil K 10th August 2011, 9:20 am

I no how you felt with that tape stuff. I hated it. The nurse took mine off on day 7 and replaced the steri strips. She told me to take the strips off myself on day 14 (if they were still on). I'd ring the nurse and see what she says, she make an app with you to change dressings. X
Lil K
Lil K
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 10th August 2011, 11:06 am

I'm no help as I was wrapped in a dead sheep for a week!!! I did however get hold of my surgeon who eventually said I could remove shaun and throw him on the fire!!!!!
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by kittenswithoutmittens 10th August 2011, 11:35 am

yettiricey wrote:I'm no help as I was wrapped in a dead sheep for a week!!! I did however get hold of my surgeon who eventually said I could remove shaun and throw him on the fire!!!!!

Haha! Ya it was really nice to take it off! It was looking grubby, and you could see it under most of my clothes.
I will maybe try calling the hospital to see if I can ask the nurse if I can't get through to the surgeon.
kittenswithoutmittens
kittenswithoutmittens
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 10th August 2011, 11:36 am

Oh it's that first shower!!!!! OMG it's almost as gr8 as sex!!! I do say ALMOST!!! Removed tape/strap at top of boobs... 557141
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th August 2011, 11:43 am

If the nurse has told you you can take it off if it's bothering you, you should be just fine sweetie so don't worry.

I'm presuming your due to have your 1st post-op appointment soon to check on your wounds? If they think then you need the help from the strapping again, they'll just pop it back on at that appointment lovely. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kittenswithoutmittens 10th August 2011, 10:16 pm

Thanks Ariaangie, I knew he was away but thought I could ask his PA or the nurse but no such luck.
And thanks to Cookie to, its nice to have the ok from someone who knows a thing or two about these things. I am feeling ok about it now, it's kinda scary at first, and as a lot of ladies say it is hard to remember things very clearly in the post-op GA daze, so you tend to doubt if you heard it right haha. But they seem to be in the exact same place and no real discomfort (except the tightness and the occasional tinge) so I feel like it should be ok.

I am very happy with SH, I mean of course it's early on in my recovery, but I think he is the perfect balance of professional but real enough to make you comfortable. Also he is very honest about expectations and with his advice. I went with the size he suggested (bigger than I thought I wanted) and am so happy I did.
Goodluck missy! So close!
kittenswithoutmittens
kittenswithoutmittens
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th August 2011, 11:52 pm

You will need a sportsbra to wear babe so if you don't have one, it would be best to get one just to give the new boobs some support while out of the strapping. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kittenswithoutmittens 11th August 2011, 10:36 pm

Thanks Cookie. I have three sports bras, and been living in them (unfortunately!!). I think my Shockabsorber is the most comfortable. Its funny now I am a connoisseur of sports bras, before it made no real dif! haha

I had no idea Ariaangie! She is a sweetheart too! Good team.
The strap thing was not ideal, but it was bearable, and I felt like it held them in place, at least until the swelling went down. It just started to get so grubby, and the sticky stuff was getting icky. Although I had a bad dream last night that I had rotation, bad boob dreams are no fun! Especially when in reality I am so happy.

Tonight I replaced my gauze, the taped on bandage that protects the incisions and steri-tape. It was looking grubby too. Less worried about this, but I really need to book my check-up to make sure everything is ok!

kittenswithoutmittens
kittenswithoutmittens
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down