Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unders and the strap/no strap

+2
Mia
samarie24
6 posters

Go down

Unders and the strap/no strap Empty Unders and the strap/no strap

Post by samarie24 13th August 2009, 8:31 pm

Hi girls,

I've noticed that quite a lot of ladies on here with unders are given a strap to wear across the top of their boobs for some time after their op. I can really see how this would help, as mine are quite high and round (upper pole fullness??) at the mo.

I was just wondering why some girls with unders have to wear one and some don't? I gather they're not popular but I think I could actually do with one! Are there any girls out there who can reassure me that they had unders and they dropped ok without a strap?

Sam xx
samarie24
samarie24
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 476

Back to top Go down

Unders and the strap/no strap Empty Re: Unders and the strap/no strap

Post by Mia 13th August 2009, 8:58 pm

I had full unders anatomical....no strap...and they settled on their own, however not soo early as you are...few weeks. Give You xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by stacey12 13th August 2009, 9:14 pm

aw i have a strap around my boobs, but the surgeon said for me to take it off in 4 days... it's holding the bottom up so the stitches can heal and holding them in place, it's not really pushing the implants down, but more like a neckbrace.. holding them in place, im dying to take it off so the implants can drop naturally instead of my strap holding them up :(
stacey12
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by samarie24 13th August 2009, 9:29 pm

Thanks girls.. I had some plasticky strapping under and on top of my boobs for the first week (I'm still getting rid of the glue left from it! :evil: ). I'm just thinking, because they're so high and sticking out at the top, that it would be good to have something push them down a bit!

It's good to hear yours dropped on their own, mia. Would it make a difference that you had anatomicals? Looking at my hard domes now I really just can't imagine them ever looking natural! :oops:

xx
samarie24
samarie24
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 13th August 2009, 9:53 pm

Aw Hug xx

Having anatomicals provides a really different result...I have little upper pole fullness, which I knew would be the outcome, and was happy with that...I have a very boney chest and had little breast tissue, one reason this choice was taken. However, they were highish, hardish, shiny and pointy to begin....they settled gradually untill they became more real looking, and movable, around six seven weeks I think. I also had strapping on untill my first check, which was removed and 'sticky stuff' removed by nurse with alcohol wiopes/solutuion I think....though some baby oil/wipes should do the same.

With regards to the strap...some girls with anatomicals have them also...for some weeks too I believe. Every P.S. is different, and each person different too, I would certainly discuss with your P.S. any concerns. You are very early in your healing process, and I would think adjusting to boobs too...I know I found it really strange. They are sure to settle in their own time, and maybe not together. I have pre-op and 7 weeks post-op pics if you want to have a peek.

Patience is needed though the full result can take a year.
Hope you are well.......be good to you Give You xxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 13th August 2009, 10:05 pm

I didn't have a strap either. Mine were very high and round for quite a while and I still had swelling after a few weeks but gradually dropped of their own accord. I took pictures daily for about the first 3 weeks and that really helped me see the difference and how they were settling. Sometimes when you're looking at them all the time its difficult to get an objective view if you see what I mean. 11 days is v early and unders do take longer to recover because of the trauma to the muscle. Like Mia said I'd discuss with your ps if you do have concerns. Have you had your first post op check yet?
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzied 14th August 2009, 8:55 am

.x. i didn't have a strap and mine have dropped fine, just took a while and think they probably will still change even more because still only 4 months. the girl i shared my room with though who had hers done with same surgeon on same day and unders the same as me, was given the strap and had to wear it so i suppose it's judged on an individual basis and if your surgeon thought you needed one he would have made you wear one xxxxxxxxx .x.
lozzied
lozzied
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 14th August 2009, 9:48 am

I didnt have to wear one but the bra I bought had the strap and the surgeon said i should wear it for 4 weeks. Maybe its becuase since its under the muscle theres a chance the implant might get pushed up?
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Post by samarie24 14th August 2009, 10:02 am

mia wrote:I have pre-op and 7 weeks post-op pics if you want to have a peek.

Thanks mia Hug . Would love to have a look at your pics if that's ok xx

*Sally* wrote:Like Mia said I'd discuss with your ps if you do have concerns. Have you had your first post op check yet?

My first post op check was on Monday, with the nurse. That was the first time I got to see them, so didn't take much in at the appointment! I'm not seeing my PS til October now. I don't know whether I should ring the clinic and tell them I'm worried, and try and see him sooner, or whether I'm just over-reacting!

Lozzied - maybe you're right and he would have said if he thought I needed one.

Good to know yours dropped on their own too Sally. Looking great by the way! xx

MsTeews wrote:I didnt have to wear one but the bra I bought had the strap and the surgeon said i should wear it for 4 weeks. Maybe its becuase since its under the muscle theres a chance the implant might get pushed up?

Hi MsTeews, do you mind me asking which bra you had? I have a Thuasne Force 3 bra which has a sort of 'strap' built in, but it's really only effective preventing upper bounce in exercise, I think. Doesn't seem to push down normally. I think with a proper strap you can arrange it so it presses down more on one side, if they're uneven?

xx
samarie24
samarie24
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 14th August 2009, 11:47 am

Hi Sam!!

I have sent details of pics for you. Personally, I would ring your surgeon to seek advice and clarification on why he has made the decisions he has. The majority of girls seem not to have a strap, and you could do the wrong thing by wearing one. I believe the individual person needs different advice, no right or wrong way to do things...we are all different. However, worrying is not good either, you should be enjoying the healing process knowing you are following your surgeons advice. I had different advice from most too, with amount of time to wear sports bras and general aftercare too. So, none of us are doing everything the same, I know it is confusing and patience is needed.

Thinking of you Give You xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by samarie24 14th August 2009, 12:55 pm

Thanks mia..you are right, as usual! Hug I've got another post-op appointment on tues, again with a nurse, I think just to discuss how it's going and concerns. I'll ask about it then - maybe she can tell me if my PS ever uses straps, and if he does, then why not me!! I don't think I can actually contact my PS directly.

You look great in your pics btw - you have a lovely natural result that suits you perfectly. I just hope mine get that natural-looking!..I know, I know, need to be patient!! xxx
samarie24
samarie24
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 14th August 2009, 4:17 pm

Give You Aw Thank you for lovely comments Sam!! xxx

Perhaps if you write a list between now and your appointment of all the questions/concerns you have and take it with you, it will help you. We all forget when we get there!! You have paid for advice and care...so you ought to have it in a way that you understand and except. Your P.S. should be available to discuss aftercare with you too, and, advised you how to deal with the healing process. I would be asking, as the day itself is easy to manage, the healing and aftercare is what we all need to know we are doing right without worry.

Take Care!!! Just keep asking here too!! And yes Patience is very much needed too. Hug xxxxxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down