Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excited but nervous - what about when I'm 80?!?!

+2
rachemsi
cheekimunki
6 posters

Go down

Excited but nervous - what about when I'm 80?!?! Empty Excited but nervous - what about when I'm 80?!?!

Post by cheekimunki 2nd August 2011, 9:52 am

Hi girls,

I went to the Spire (Bristol) last night for a consultation with Robert Warr and, although he was very helpful, I'm a little confused now - it was hard to get all of my questions into a 30min slot! Would someone mind trying to answer a few questions for me....? Please!?!?

I am 5'8 and 9 1/2 stone with 32 A boobies (I was wearing a 36 A but Mr Warr said I was wearing the wrong size - Doh!!!). He reccom that I go for 320 teardrop unders (which would make me about a DD)

1. I really don't want to look massive but DD sounds huge to me! Do you think I would look silly and should go for a smaller size?

2. Is it true that people with 'unders' are less likely to get CC?

3. Does massaging the breast after the procedure help against CC?

4. Should I go for teardrop inplants (has anyone else had them?) - what is the difference between these and round implants and is it worth the risk that they might turn?

5. He reccom taking 2 weeks off work - will I need this? Will I be able to function at work (without wincing in pain during meetings) after 1 week?

6. How many BA's will I need in my lifetime? - Mr Warr said that (with the new implants) it is hard to tell how long they will last without needing to be replaced but said that I am likely to only need one oop in my lifetime. He said that the first woman he operated on has had hers for 30 years!!! :/

7. What do I do when I'm 80yrs and the implants need replacing - argh! I can't imagine being an old lady getting my boobs done! I'm thinking that the risk of the op may outweigh the pain of the old boobies at that age!! Lol!!! (I maybe thinking too much about this!!!) Excited but nervous - what about when I'm 80?!?! 751387

Thanks guys and sorry for all the questions - its so so hard and I want to make sure I don't regret this.

Hugs Excited but nervous - what about when I'm 80?!?! 571992

xxxx

cheekimunki
cheekimunki
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Excited but nervous - what about when I'm 80?!?! Empty Re: Excited but nervous - what about when I'm 80?!?!

Post by rachemsi 2nd August 2011, 10:00 am

Hi hun im 5ft 9 and had 330cc and im a D now and was 36 aa before and they look totally in proportion so im sure u be fine
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Excited but nervous - what about when I'm 80?!?! Empty Re: Excited but nervous - what about when I'm 80?!?!

Post by rachemsi 2nd August 2011, 10:00 am

You will def need weeks off work especially if your having unders, are u ???
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cheekimunki 2nd August 2011, 10:04 am

Thanks sweet.

Yuh, he def suggested unders as I don't have very much 'volume' there - what a nice way of putting it!! :D

Do unders feel harder than overs (because of the muscle?)

xx
cheekimunki
cheekimunki
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen1982 2nd August 2011, 10:27 am

Hiya and welcome to the board.

Well i haven't had mine yet but I have had a few consultations with my PS already lol.

I am going with Spire Cambridge (loved them and the hospital is lovely etc).

How come you only had a 30min consultation, was it one of those free ones?! If so that's what I done and then I booked in for a proper consultation with the surgeon I liked and it was free, you only have to pay for it if you do not go ahead with the surgery and in the grand scheme of things I thought £130 if i decide to not go ahead is nothing compared to the cost of the BA £4597!!!

I am also 5'8 but weigh 10st and I am currently a small 34B and mine surgeon has recommended 295 medium height moderate plus projection anatomical unders and i said I wanted to be a D, DD max!! So they seem to be saying very similar for both of us.

I have also heard that about Unders/massaging and CC but can't comment as I really don't know.

As for rounds vs anatomicals for me my PS said i can't have round as I don't have enough breast tissue in the upper pole so I would end up with a fake look, but again I think it is down to your's and your PS preference, I know my PS tryies not to use rounds.

I have also been told I need 2 weeks off work and from being on here and reading everyone's stories/experiences I think it is probably wise o have the time off and rest.

My PS said I should definitely go into this thinking that I will need to have another BA at some point in my life, for many reasons, he also said that alot of the implants used now are too new to know how long they will last but to definitely be prepared for more surgery in the future and I know alot of the girls on here will agree.

As for when you are 80 I think you will probably just want them taken out and hidden away Excited but nervous - what about when I'm 80?!?! 557141 .

Hope that helps a little bit xx
Karen1982
Karen1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 277

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 2nd August 2011, 10:44 am

hey

I had more or less no breast tissue whatsoever and have had unders and i have to say they are softening a little bit already im only 16 days post op tho. With unders the recovery time is a little longer than overs tho xx
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachy87 2nd August 2011, 11:16 am

Hi!

DD really isn't as big as you might think - I'm a 28DD/30D and as you can see from my picture, they are still pretty small. I'm the equivalent of a 32C, so 32DD will be a few cup sizes bigger than mine.

I had teardrops as I had hardly any breast tissue on the top part of my boobs and they look really natural. My surgeon said the risk of them turning is very small, and he has never had one of his turn. You just need to make sure your surgeon has had a lot of experience with them as they're a bit more tricky than putting rounds in.

I felt pretty good after a week, and was able to go for a long walk and potter around the house, so you might be OK to go back to work after a week if you have an office based job. I have a fairly physical job, so had 3 weeks off and then 1 week on light duties. Xx
Rachy87
Rachy87
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by starsfade 2nd August 2011, 11:54 am

Karen 1982? Can i ask what size you are hoping for? Ive got similar stats x
starsfade
starsfade
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen1982 2nd August 2011, 12:20 pm

I am hoping for a D but starting to worry and the other problem I have is my PS won't do any bigger as he said the 330cc will be too out of proportion xx
Karen1982
Karen1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 277

Back to top Go down

Post by cheekimunki 2nd August 2011, 2:09 pm

Hi Girls,

Thanks so, so much for the responses - it is so useful to have you guys around to talk to :) (I don't know who else I could talk to about all this!!)

Karen: I did have the 15 min free consultation at the Spire and then booked to see the surgeon following on from that. I had an appointment at 8pm and (although he was lovely and really helpful) kinda packed up around me and wanted me out by 8.30pm (I was his last patient of the day and he needed to pick his wife up!! Doh!)

He said that the next step would be to book another consult (~15 min) where he would size me up for exactly what I need and then I would be ready for the op - seemed quite quick!!!

Lol, Yuh, I expect that I would want them out at 80!! They would defo be like spaniels ears by then anyway!! :)

Rach: Yours look AMAZING!!! Wow! Did you have your done at BMI in Bath? I didn't even know they existed. If you don't mind me asking, how much were they and were they good?? I'm based in Bristol so its not so far to go.

I'm thinking that the anatomical ones look really great - does anyone have any photos that I can look at?

One more question: I'm thinking of having them done in Oct... do you think that I will be OK for all the xmas parties or will they still look weird (swollen) then??

Really appreciate your comments

xxxxxx
cheekimunki
cheekimunki
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachy87 2nd August 2011, 7:37 pm

Thank you! Give You Yep, my op was done at the BMI hospital in Bath. It cost about £4600. I would definitely recommend Mr Sutton if you're after a natural look and modest size. He takes lots of measurements to make sure the implant he uses will look good, rather than just putting in the biggest implant that will fit. And the first consultation with him is free! Everyone at Bath Clinic were lovely too. Xx
Rachy87
Rachy87
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Lookoutgirl 2nd August 2011, 8:04 pm

Well I can tell you I had unders, and I went back to work the following week!! I had very little pain and as for size thats a personal preferance I wanted my old body back pre children and when I first got prego I wnt to an DD/ F and Doctor said i could handle 600 or 650 cc so thats what we did and Im lovin them and still working:)
So I got what I asked for... Also remember that its better to go a bit bigger then you dont have to regret that you went to small and have to go through it again in 2 years or? Stars
Lookoutgirl
Lookoutgirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 420

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down