Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey girls, av u gt tear drops or round

+2
moongal
barbiecon
6 posters

Go down

Hey girls, av u gt tear drops or round Empty Hey girls, av u gt tear drops or round

Post by barbiecon 14th July 2011, 7:25 pm

Right girls 2 days till my big day and am concernd , what differnce does, unders/overs make ? and who has tears and who has round? just wonerding what shape and stuff to go to i have and idea in my head how i want them to look just dont no how to get that results x
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Hey girls, av u gt tear drops or round Empty Re: Hey girls, av u gt tear drops or round

Post by moongal 14th July 2011, 7:46 pm

Hi barbiecon!

After much deliberation, I've decided on partial unders vs. overs. It was a difficult choice since I like how overs move more and jiggle more, but for health reasons, I went with partials. Mind you this is just my opinion! Plenty of people may say otherwise! The things that convinced me to go with partial unders:

1)I'm a 34A/B...no drooping. Having the implant partially under the muscle may result in a more natural upper pole as an extra layer of tissue covers the implant up top.

2) There is a decreased rate of capsular contracture with unders/partial unders vs. overs (how much the rate is decreased is up for debate)

3) mammography tends to be easier with unders/partial unders

4)breast feeding is less likely to be affected wtih unders/parial unders bc the implant is further away from the breast tissue

Now, again, these are just my choices and they may be incorrect...just my 2 cents! If I had lots of money and didn't care having a re-op, maybe I'd go with overs!

On the teardrop vs. round subject: I am getting round silicone as teardrop silicone isn't widely available in the US yet. I think, overall, teardrops can look more natural (I'd get em if I could). However, round silicone can look natural too given the proper placement and size. One advantage of round vs teardrop is that if the implant rotates, you won't notice (bc it's round).

Hope this helps! I'm sure others have many other opinions! :flowers:
moongal
moongal
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Hey girls, av u gt tear drops or round Empty Re: Hey girls, av u gt tear drops or round

Post by star2angel 14th July 2011, 7:50 pm

I have 280cc teardrop overs and I love them. They looked pretty natural from day one but at six weeks they have dropped and have a lovely shape. I am really pleased with them.

Having said that, there are loads of posts on here from girls with rounds and unders and they all seem to be thrilled as well!

I don't think you can really go wrong as long as you have a good surgeon and they are clear on how you want to look. I asked for natural and a faster recovery and a natural fast recovery is what I got.

Good luck whatever you decide. x
star2angel
star2angel
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by moongal 14th July 2011, 7:52 pm

Congrats star2angel!!! You got my dream boob job. LOL
moongal
moongal
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by lindsaylouise 14th July 2011, 8:26 pm

hi, I had 380cc round overs and i love them, they look very natural, and have done pretty much from the begining, ive been very lucky, im 6 weeks post op xx
lindsaylouise
lindsaylouise
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 506

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlito 14th July 2011, 9:59 pm

I had round unders, went wit unders as they don't sag as quick and I have a bit of natural sag already. Went wit round as they don't turn and cause problems like tear drops. I do think teardrops look lovely and natural but round do drop into that shape aswell.
Carlito
Carlito
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 14th July 2011, 10:21 pm

I had round overs. I did all my research and decided that the placement the surgeon suggested would be the best for me. My implants are textured so this reduces the % risk of CC. I had a large gap between my boobs pre op and I was worried that partials would make this worse (this doesn't always happen by the way, but there is a risk) I also plan to have kids in future (hopefully) but I was worried that after this that if I had partials it could result in double bubble if my skin/breast tissue sagged a bit but the implant was held up high by the muscle. I also dont want to breast feed, but no one seems to have problems with overs or unders, my surgeon said I should be fine to if I wanted to. I also researched the mamograms being a problem, and there was no conclusive proof and it was just recommended to tell the person performing it, so that they can take extra pictures to look behind the implant.
Both overs and unders/partials have their pros and cons, so do rounds and tear drops, but your surgeon will know whats best for you, so I would listen to what they advise.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down