Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

295cc overs and anchor lift?

+6
Emme-Kate
efitasanti
gemari
HellBelle66
sarahdawn31
PoppyBee
10 posters

Go down

295cc overs and anchor lift? Empty 295cc overs and anchor lift?

Post by PoppyBee 12th July 2011, 9:49 pm

Hiya, not been on in a while as i moved house 295cc overs and anchor lift? 43877

I have re booked my lift and ba for 27th July 2011 and my surgeon Mr Alvi has said he would only be comfortable going up to 295cc implants. I'm worried now that these won't be big enough 295cc overs and anchor lift? 683465 does anyone have any photos of a similar size i could see?

Thanks x 295cc overs and anchor lift? 321562
PoppyBee
PoppyBee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

295cc overs and anchor lift? Empty Re: 295cc overs and anchor lift?

Post by sarahdawn31 12th July 2011, 10:02 pm

Hey poppy if you are not happy with your ps's suggestions go have another consult with another ps... there can be a big discrepancy between what ps's will offer their patients. You need to be sure that you get what you want.
did you show your ps photos of what you want?
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by PoppyBee 13th July 2011, 5:30 pm

Hi Sarah! My ps said that as i'm having an uplift too he would be uncomfortable going any bigger but my biggest fear is feeling too small after the op :( Sould i see someone else? x
PoppyBee
PoppyBee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 13th July 2011, 9:19 pm

Hi poppybee, When I was having my consults to decide on size, I automatically started at quite a large implant simply to fit my breast width diameter, which is fairly wide (16 I think) anyway I did show my ps what I wanted to look like and I let him choose the size... at one of my post op appointments with my ps I had said that after all my worries about being too big I wished I went bigger and he said to me that he put in the biggest he felt comfortable with doing with the lift... So I suppose your ps's reason is a common and valid point put there is a big descrepancy between the "biggest" the ps's will go... Honestly if you are already concerned about not being big enough I would get another opinion as a lot (not all but a lot) of us would like to be bigger again anyway. This is a big decision you need to feel confident with it.
If you dont mind me asking what is you height and dress size, just out of curiosity as to how the 295's will look on you.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by PoppyBee 14th July 2011, 7:11 pm

I'm 5'1 and a size 10/12. I used to be a 32D before i had my babies xx
PoppyBee
PoppyBee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HellBelle66 15th July 2011, 5:50 pm

@ Poppybee

I too have been told the same. Im having the same proceedures and my consultant said he wanted to use 260's, but I was afraid Id end up smaller than what I am now :o(
He then told me he would go up to 300, BUT only if he felt I was big enough to take them.
Im 5'6" and size 10.
Thing is, as they are the experts you never know if you push to go bigger, will that have a negative outcome on what they end up looking like. So Im confused to hun x
HellBelle66
HellBelle66
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 22nd September 2011, 11:47 am

Hi Ladies I've just found this thread. I'm having a full lift with over. My PS has also said that I could only go up to a 325cc and only if they would fit, which he won't find out till we're in theatre. So I will either end up with 295cc or 325cc moderate profile overs. I'm an empty small 34C at the moment. 5' 6" 9st 5lbs dress size 10/12. I was wondering what the outcomes of your ops were, and what sizes you got to. Thanks xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by efitasanti 22nd September 2011, 5:26 pm

I was fortunate to find this forum

295cc overs and anchor lift? Starwar

Thanks,
Santi
efitasanti
efitasanti
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 22nd September 2011, 9:08 pm

Hello efitasanti,You'll definately love this forum!Are you getting a lift?
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz2011 2nd October 2011, 10:08 pm

gemari wrote:Hi Ladies I've just found this thread. I'm having a full lift with over. My PS has also said that I could only go up to a 325cc and only if they would fit, which he won't find out till we're in theatre. So I will either end up with 295cc or 325cc moderate profile overs. I'm an empty small 34C at the moment. 5' 6" 9st 5lbs dress size 10/12. I was wondering what the outcomes of your ops were, and what sizes you got to. Thanks xx

This thread is fab. I have the same questions so would be great to know what you've decided. I've seen 2 different surgeons, one said uplift and unders, the other uplift and overs. I don't want to be too big but nice and perky as I run a lot and don't want to be slowed down by them but don't understand why they've suggested different things and what the pros/cons are. Any advice greatly appreciated. X
Liz2011
Liz2011
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderlily 9th October 2011, 5:10 pm

Hi girls. I am new to this forum, but had a full anchor lift with augmentation on June 28th, 2011. My PS would go no more than 460cc's because he didn't want to compromise the recovery. He said the risk of poor circulation in the healing process was increased the larger the implant. I wanted to go bigger at that time, but needed the lift. Finally had to admit to myself that I would rather know for certain I would heal properly and not risk complication, than have bigger implants. If I wanted to go bigger (which I do) I will have to save the money for a second procedure. Yes, it would have been nice to go as big as I wanted the first time, but the lift was necessary for me. I had to come to terms with it. :) Best of luck to all of you in the same situation. It isn't easy, but your health and recovery should be the first concern.
Cinderlily
Cinderlily
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz2011 10th October 2011, 12:36 pm

Hi Cinderlilly. Obviously you need to do what you want and feel comfortable with but just wanted to say I think you're boobs look amazing as they are. Liz x
Liz2011
Liz2011
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 10th October 2011, 1:02 pm

hi hun, i've just had a full anchor lift and 340cc unders, am very pleased. Don't think they wanted to go bigger than though. I'm a size 8, was an empty 34c before, now a very full dd, possibly e but need to get measured xxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha01 11th November 2011, 12:05 am

Liz2011: I was asking myself the same thing.. Like you I'm always running and doing light weights, so it was important to me not to get weighed down too. I went for 295 overs and at 5"5 size 10/12, they look and feel ideal, nice and snug in my sportsbra when I'm running and no problems when I'm working out. My surgeon said that I wouldn't want to go for much larger as I am sporty, plus the smaller implants tend to stay in place better, he said.

I cant begin to tell you how right they feel.. I absolutely love them. With having overs I can create a great clevage for nights out without looking out of proportion.
Good luck in making your decision x
Samantha01
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz2011 13th November 2011, 6:35 pm

Hi Samantha. I've had my procedure now, 1 week in! Ended up going for 300 unders with my lift and am a little worried they are too big but friends assure me there's a lot of swelling at the mo. When I first looked at them on day 5 I was horrified - they looked like two big long balloons stuck on to my chest, they are also soooo far apart. Maybe I just need to get used to them and once the swelling goes down and they soften etc they won't look so awful. I went for the unders as I was told I am streatchy and so likely to continue to sag and unders would give me a little bit of extra protection against it. Good to hear you're happy with yours. Did you have an uplift too? How long did yours take to settle and sort themselves out and how long did you wait to exercise? At the moment I can't imagine running after my kids round the house, let alone for 26 miles! I must admit I've found it so painful and difficult if I'd known it would be this bad I wouldn't have had it done but I'm sure time will heal and that feeling will pass. Lx
Liz2011
Liz2011
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha01 14th November 2011, 11:11 pm

Dont panic Liz.. :) I had the same worries after surgery, they will come closer together the sports bra will bring them into position over time. Interesting that they recommended unders, I do sometimes wonder if that would have been better long term.
Sorry to hear your in pain, unders are more painful initially, after a month they started to look natural, the swelling does make them look huge at first! I had an uplift too and was advised to wait four weeks before going back to exercise, unfortunately I got an infection so it was 8 weeks in total for me. You'll know when it feels right though.
I remember feeling like I'd never be able to run again, but I'm pleased to tell you life will get back to normal. Just a case of being patient I guess.

Like me, I'm sure you'll grow to love them. Take care x x yahoo
Samantha01
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down