Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embarrasing problem! Also need advice on meds...

+7
Nemi
kristenb89
jen86
kezmac
FloJo
emswems
sequinssparkle
11 posters

Go down

Embarrasing problem! Also need advice on meds... Empty Embarrasing problem! Also need advice on meds...

Post by sequinssparkle 25th June 2011, 9:12 pm

Feel like I need a number two
But also feel like my implants will seriously pop out.

Also... The nurses at the hosp told me not to take ibroprofen for a week as it thins the blood...I know for a fact it don't plus my surgeon said take and pcc said take.

I'm now on co codamol ibuprofen and antibiotics and ice pack and getting very tight heavy sensations like implant trying to come out my armpit or that I've put the binder too tight...which I put it like the nurses did.

I honestly didn't think of wat pain to expect I'm glad I'm done but I wanna smile lol.

Also the nurses said don't use my arms much... Have u been told that??
sequinssparkle
sequinssparkle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Embarrasing problem! Also need advice on meds... Empty Re: Embarrasing problem! Also need advice on meds...

Post by emswems 25th June 2011, 9:28 pm

Hiya, Im sure its asprin that thins the blood, Im not doc but wouldnt Ibroprofen help with the inflamation!? can i ask, are you happy with your whole experience, Im having a nipple correction with my BA and I think the thing that is most on my mind is getting them even, I read your other post and getting a bit worried!! please put my mind at rest! x
emswems
emswems
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Embarrasing problem! Also need advice on meds... Empty Re: Embarrasing problem! Also need advice on meds...

Post by FloJo 25th June 2011, 9:30 pm

Hi, I was given cocodamol but luckily I didn't have any pain so didn't need them, not sure about the ibuprofen but I think I was told to take paracetomol if I needed additional pain relief.

The feeling of your implant trying to come out doesn't sound very nice!! Is your binder too tight or perhaps are you a bit more swollen than before which is making it feel tight.

I was advised not to lift anything heavy or do the hoovering for two weeks apart from that I did use my arms for all the normal stuff but was careful not to lift them too high for the first few days
FloJo
FloJo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 216

Back to top Go down

Post by kezmac 25th June 2011, 9:38 pm

Hey hun, I was told not to take ibuprofen, if theyve advised you that I would just go with it. You might have it too tight hun, have you got it high enough? (above the breast) as I wore mine too low (across it) and had some pains.

Hey count yourself lucky that you feel like the loo, I couldnt go for a week Embarrasing problem! Also need advice on meds... 557141

It'll get easier hun x
kezmac
kezmac
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 25th June 2011, 9:59 pm

lol about number two!!! its normal to feel all the weird stuff going on etc... try to relax n rest up. As for th pain killers, i think youll be fine with ibruprofen!!! xxx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by kristenb89 25th June 2011, 10:22 pm

i was told to take ibuprofen for the pain& inflammation and wore the band for a week. at first the band just felt tight but then it felt like it weighed a tonne on my boobs like it was pushing them out the bottom of my breast (luckily it didnt lol) it hurt my armpits and chest, if i remember rightly it also bruised slightly. but what a relief it was when i took it off!! keep plodding along it gets easier and then the fun bits start like bra shopping and watching them bounce when you walk lol (small things small minds eh!) x
kristenb89
kristenb89
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemi 25th June 2011, 10:28 pm

Hi sequinssparkle,
My PS, anaesthetist and nurse told me the following:

1. If you take codamol dont take paracetamol as well as it will mean you are doubling the amount of paracetamol as Codamol has paracetamol in it.

2. You can, however, take ibruprofen, with the codamol if the pain is too much; and its fine to take it. So for example if you take codamol every 4 hours you can take in between ibruprofen, However they also said NOT to take ibruprofen in the first 24 hours post op as it increases the risk of blood clog.
3. codamol - has the side effect of constipation so you can take a laxatives to help with that.

also spoke to PS personal secretary and she said that don't raise your hands like a ballerina (above head) and if anything hurts don't do it. That is the mentality you should follow. a week after surgery you should try and go back SLOWLY to normal. but again if it hurts you should not do it.

I hope this information is helpful.

take it easy....

nemi
Nemi
Nemi
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 25th June 2011, 10:28 pm

You'll be fine to go no 2 it wont pop your implants lol. Maybe take a mild laxative if you feel you are straining. As for ibruprofaen you are right, it does not thin blood, however Ibuprofen can interfere with platelets and thus can reduce the clotting ability of the blood. However, this is a relatively weak effect compared to agents that purposefully thin the blood. I was also told not to take ibruprofaen and was given 500mg paracetamol to take. If you are having problems going no 2 ibruprofaen could also make it worse as a side effect can be constipation.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by springstep123 25th June 2011, 10:33 pm

it's aspirin that "thins the blood" but there's no point taking it - it stops clots in your ARTERIES and the clots people get after surgery are in their veins. The best thing you could do to prevent clots is stop taking the Pill for a few weeks, but there's no point if youre able to walk about xx
springstep123
springstep123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 329

Back to top Go down

Post by ac4me 26th June 2011, 1:19 am

ok, ladies, i'm a trained pharmacy technician, so here's the info on these drugs!

ibuprofen is what's called an NSAID...non steroidal anti inflammatory drug. which means "blood thinner" ALL nsaids are blood thinners, including ibuprofren, asprin, naproxen, naprosin, etc..

acetaminofen (your paracetamol, the usa's tylenol) is NOT a blood thinner and is only a pain reliever aka analgesic. codamol (the usa's equivalent of tylenol 3 or 4 depending on the dose for those in the usa) is acetaminophen and codeine, both are pain relievers, with the codeine part being the narcotic.

you CAN take acetaminophen with ibuprofen HOWEVER, you can NOT take two drugs that have acetaminophen in them. You can go into liver toxicity or failure, it's not uncommon and many are looking into reducing their acetaminophen intake.

if you are having excessive bruising, you'll probably be advised not to take ibuprofen. as it will cause the bruising to get worse, however, it reduce any swelling you may have. BUT if your dr says NO, then NO MEANS NO. You do not want to end up with internal bleeding, thereby increasing your swelling, pain and healing time.
ac4me
ac4me
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by ac4me 26th June 2011, 1:22 am

oh one more thing.

you are probably constipated, you can take a laxative, that will make your bowels move, but it will still be hard to pass. you need a stool softener, making it easier to pass without straining. you can also drink a cup or two of warm salt water, yes it's nasty, but stay near your toilet, it will come fast! lol
ac4me
ac4me
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by sequinssparkle 26th June 2011, 2:04 am

Lol thanks for all your comments girls!
I've just finished my nurse training so I do know but needed reassurance and this site is fab!!

All I'm doing at the mo is reg analgesia ibuprofen as my doc and pcc said take as it's for the inflammation and ice packs ontop my collar bone. Thats helping! Still v stiff and numb though my left breast has been getting shooting pains!

I didn't care about the pain...I don't think anyone does as it has to be done lol. When I saw my boobs for the second time I was like wow and mum was just like don't u think they are too big for u lol. Then I tried on my cardigans and was so excited saying OMG I used to be flat in these!

Thanks for ur help xxx
sequinssparkle
sequinssparkle
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sequinssparkle 26th June 2011, 2:10 am

emswems wrote:Hiya, Im sure its asprin that thins the blood, Im not doc but wouldnt Ibroprofen help with the inflamation!? can i ask, are you happy with your whole experience, Im having a nipple correction with my BA and I think the thing that is most on my mind is getting them even, I read your other post and getting a bit worried!! please put my mind at rest! x

Didn't mean to worry u!!! I was looking at my
Nipps from pre op and they were already in different directions and one kinda bigger.
That's just me! Xx
sequinssparkle
sequinssparkle
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayx 26th June 2011, 1:12 pm

Hiya, Don't know if this help, I don't know about after surgery a I haven't had by BA yet, but my surgeon told me I was not allowed to take ibuprofen 2 weeks before my op.

xxx
Jayx
Jayx
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down