Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pre meds?

+2
Loobs
jade 43
6 posters

Go down

pre meds? Empty pre meds?

Post by jade 43 6th April 2012, 10:08 pm

okay so i had my consultation and im rushing the whole process im in for a pre op medical and meeting the surgeon all in one day and then getting the op done on the 27th april. i cant wait but as i said to the nurse i cant stand needles too the point where i just dont turn up for regular blood tests etc. i told the nurse and she said they will give me some " pre meds" and i will be away with the fairys i were just wondering has everyone had them and if so can you tell me if it is actually true the get you past the point of caring about the needles?

xx
jade 43
jade 43
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

pre meds? Empty Re: pre meds?

Post by Loobs 6th April 2012, 10:10 pm

Hi Jade,

Yes i think so they can give you gas and air x
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 6th April 2012, 10:27 pm

Just noticed you posted your worries on a nother post too and just wanted to try to put you at ease a bit more, I too am needlephobic. I am absolutley terrified of needles. My sister is diabetic and injects 4 times a day and i cant even be near her when she does it. I wont go for blood tests either because of it.

I had one about 10 years ago and I fainted!! pre meds? 869500

My dog bit me the other week and I HAD to go and get a tetanus. I was beside myself. but it was alright. And you will be alright. They will look after you, another lady on the forum - cant quite remember who now is the same and they put her out with gas and air first before they inserted her canula and anaesthetic so please try not to worry too much and get too anxious about it...i know its hard.

You will be fine xx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 7th April 2012, 6:57 am

The anaesthetist can put magic cream on your hand so you won't feel the cannula go in x
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 734

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 8th April 2012, 6:06 pm

lol, it will be fine - honest.

As the girls said, they can sedate you with tablets first - so you're a bit out of it, they can numb your hand, so you don't feel the cannula going in. Or they can just GA you with the anaesthetic gas they use to keep you asleep! (Tastes rank though!) So don't worry - the anaesthetists must be used to people worrying about needles

xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by Chynna-doll 8th April 2012, 8:14 pm

Awww bless u! Ull be fine. Im sure ur not the first and wont be the last like that, like the others said there are things they can do to help make it easier for u. Why not ask if u could listen to music or something to concentrate on while they do it, then u can 'tune into' it rather than what they are doing. I closed my eyes REALLY tight lol which, for some strange reason distracted me! Lol.
Chynna-doll
Chynna-doll
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 9th April 2012, 2:13 am

You can get a thing called EMLA cream put on an hour or so before your needle, it numbs the skin so you dont feel it as much. Great stuff. As for pre-med, my anaethetist forgot to come and see me so I didnt get any pre-med until I was in the anathetists room 5min before theatre. Then he gave me Morphine through my cannula with an anti-sickness which I felt hit me and made me all high haha! He also gave me antibiotics and a PPI(stomach med) through a drip. Good job I wasn't nervous prior to surgery wasn't it! In work we would normally give the pre-med @ 6am if they're early list, 8am if mid morn list and midday if afternoon list, and its usually omeprazole/ranitidine(stomach tablet), an antibiotic like amoxicillan(or alternative if you're allergic to penicillan) and then usually codeine or morphine.. all done to anaethetist preference really. Hope this helps x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by jade 43 9th April 2012, 7:34 am

this helps loads. gosh i actually have some emla cream i used it for when i got a tatoo the surgeon wont mind if i put it on myself will they as long as i let them know iv done it xx
jade 43
jade 43
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 9th April 2012, 7:58 am

so strange it didn't bother me when I had my tattoos lol xx
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 734

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 9th April 2012, 3:50 pm

jade 43 wrote:this helps loads. gosh i actually have some emla cream i used it for when i got a tatoo the surgeon wont mind if i put it on myself will they as long as i let them know iv done it xx

Should be fine, just check its still in date though! :)
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down