Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking

+4
kezza85
COOKIE
kay
pink_jade05
8 posters

Go down

Smoking Empty Smoking

Post by pink_jade05 2nd May 2011, 5:06 am

Why is it so bad to smoke after having a BA.. I know it might make you heal slower but other than that is it really that bad? I am having SUCH a hard time not smoking!! I have smoked like 2 or 3 a day and I feel guilty but I can't help it!! nope
pink_jade05
pink_jade05
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Smoking Empty Re: Smoking

Post by kay 2nd May 2011, 7:42 am

You are more prone to infections when you smoke as the blood is full of toxins as opposed to nice and healthy xx I think it puts you at greater risk of CC as well xx

It is hard hun xx I'm an ex smoker, but keep trying it really is worth giving up xx

Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd May 2011, 8:59 am

Kay's right hun, smokers tend to have a higher capsular contracture rate, so to lower the risks it's best not to smoke sweetheart.

Smoking also decreases the oxygen in the bloodstream which can slow down the healing process and could lead to infection.

I understand it's hard for a smoker to quit, but it really is in your best interest to do so sweetness to get the best from your recovery - Good luck! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kezza85 2nd May 2011, 9:21 am

Im also a smoker hun, Im not planning on giving up but I will be cutting right down so maybe one day I will give up completly .... x
kezza85
kezza85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

http://www.decalz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie123 2nd May 2011, 9:38 am

I also struggled with this. I used to smoke 30 a day until a year and a half ago. This was mainly due to a work colleague who smoked heavily so when she had a fag I just sort of went out with her. I realised this was getting out of hand so cut down to about 5-10 per day. 2 Weeks before my BA my ps told me to cut it out altogether and no nicotine (even patches ) for a week before. The week before my op all my best laid plans went to pot and so did my plans to cut out all ciggies!!! I managed to not smoke in the 36 hours pre op and somehow have not smoked since. I have had the odd puff, but it has made me feel so sick and dizzy I haven't even bothered again. I am now 10 days post op and yes I would love a ciggie but I',m not going to because of the complications that can occur.
The thought of giving up was worse than the deed of doing it. Try an inhilator and patches. My inhilator was my best freind for a few days lol
Julie123
Julie123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 124

http://www.jaweddings.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bexy123 2nd May 2011, 10:25 am

i used to smoke about 2 years ago, i know it is really hard to give up,( i just gave up as i wanted to improve health) i would tell myself that i had to give up at some point in my life so it mayaswell be now! i Am hopefully never going to go back to it, the worst thing for me to cope with i think is stress, unfortuantly for me i just replaced the fags with food nope maybe think of something u could replace it with such as chewing gum, or trying the patches,inhalers like julie suggested. good luck! mayb u could make a support thread for people giving up before their BA? !!

so even after the opp and recovery, does smoking cause a higher risk of CC?
bexy123
bexy123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by bexy123 2nd May 2011, 10:36 am

i think i have read too actually not to have any nicotine replacement. here's a bit on it;
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
bexy123
bexy123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by kezza85 2nd May 2011, 10:44 am

That was interesting bexy ty x I will cut right back Im hoping it will lead to me stopping eventually x
kezza85
kezza85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

http://www.decalz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd May 2011, 11:14 am

I was advised to quit before my op, but if I couldn't then I had to cut right back for 2 weeks prior to the op and not smoke 24 hours before the op (to increase the oxygen in my blood stream) I continued to smoke after my BA but only a couple a day. Eventually this led to me going back to the normal amount of ciggies. It's a horrible habbit and I wish I could quit. I wish you all the luck in the world with quitting, it will be so much better for you, not just for your BA but for the rest of your life.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 2nd May 2011, 12:30 pm

Hi hun

I was a smoker and loved it, although I never smoked infront of my kids. I gave up at the end of February in preperation for my op. It's possible I have CC so it's a real reason for me to quit. I was so lucky that my BF supported me and also gave up (although he misses it terribly). It wasn't easy and I used patches and gum and I only caved in once and had two sneaky fags after we'd had a row. I feel better, I look better and I'm sure I probably smell better. Everytime I miss it, I think of the high blood pressure I was suffering from (it's fine now i've stopped) and I think of the risk of having a stroke or heart attack. You youngsters don't even think about that, but when you hit 40 and you start getting pains in your chest...you think about it then!!!! I also know someone who may have to have their leg amputated due to smoking so I remind myself of all these things.

Good luck hun x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down