Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July Buddies

+48
missy77
chrystal
rachemsi
MyGirls35
EJM
NickiH
dd wannabe
jc
prettyinpink
Lucy4
Lil K
CutieMcC
barbiecon
moongal
missy kat
lauraswts
Sweetpea
DAVINIA123
MissPepperBennett
uplift
mio321
turnsey
SusieLou
MsLondon
Ninaella
NewGirl 4108
COOKIE
cinomanhatch
Carlito
DTaylor
sequinssparkle
Ellie82
nimnomnice
PoppyBee
Lookoutgirl
kayleigh9
ab1982
ejones380
valeriex3
rachyg1
Knxgrl
Immie
Nyssa-H
ruby roo
Minxy
Kat86
stokesy88
nads
52 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

July Buddies - Page 15 Empty Re: July Buddies

Post by dd wannabe 28th July 2011, 11:15 am

Good luck for Saturday. I felt fantastic from day 1 and I am sure you can too. Rest but I don't recommend staying in bed. X
dd wannabe
dd wannabe
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 28th July 2011, 11:32 am

[quote="lauraswts"]
rachemsi wrote:Im wearing a sports bra but only because of reading and researching on here, They recommended 'a soft cropped top'. Do you know the reason behind the strap?? i dont know anhything about it

i would check with your surgeon though hun cos some surgeons suggest no bra or sports bra at all! i think they are all different and they have put a certain size profile etc there for a reason and have told you recovery procedure for a reason! i wouldnt want to damage anything! iv taken alot of advice from this website which my clinic haven't told me but would double check everything with your doc xxx

Im following what Ive been told too...but im also reading alot on what the american surgens on line forums are saying ...manily because the americans are so far advanced when it come to all this..they have been doing this for a heck of lot longer than we have in the uk .

However like anything else to do with the NHS here you really do have to push and mider to get anyone to give sound advice .

Like checkups for example your doing the rite thing by reading on here and asking then going back and asking them . If you dont ask with the NHS you dont get .

Sorry but having had bad experiances with the NHS over a knee op bad advice that i followed by them while i was recovering was ridiclous i should of had certain aids to help me ...but cos its was the NHS they cut corners i simply didnt get ...which if i had gone private or lived else where i would of got ?

My advice to anyone going on the NHS is, if they are doing it in the private sector and everywhere else they why are they not offered certian things by them ?? Ask and mider the heck out of them for it .

xxx
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 28th July 2011, 12:43 pm

[quote="mio321"][quote="lauraswts"]
rachemsi wrote:Im wearing a sports bra but only because of reading and researching on here, They recommended 'a soft cropped top'. Do you know the reason behind the strap?? i dont know anhything about it

i would check with your surgeon though hun cos some surgeons suggest no bra or sports bra at all! i think they are all different and they have put a certain size profile etc there for a reason and have told you recovery procedure for a reason! i wouldnt want to damage anything! iv taken alot of advice from this website which my clinic haven't told me but would double check everything with your doc xxx

Im following what Ive been told too...but im also reading alot on what the american surgens on line forums are saying ...manily because the americans are so far advanced when it come to all this..they have been doing this for a heck of lot longer than we have in the uk .

However like anything else to do with the NHS here you really do have to push and mider to get anyone to give sound advice .

Like checkups for example your doing the rite thing by reading on here and asking then going back and asking them . If you dont ask with the NHS you dont get .

Sorry but having had bad experiances with the NHS over a knee op bad advice that i followed by them while i was recovering was ridiclous i should of had certain aids to help me ...but cos its was the NHS they cut corners i simply didnt get ...which if i had gone private or lived else where i would of got ?

My advice to anyone going on the NHS is, if they are doing it in the private sector and everywhere else they why are they not offered certian things by them ?? Ask and mider the heck out of them for it .

Your so right! I feel the same about the nhs, you really need to harass them, then hopefully get the right answers! ps...love the flower arrangement, hope my mum gets me one of those lol
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 260

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 28th July 2011, 5:15 pm

Well i had the steri strip removed today which wasnt half as bad as i thought and I asked the surgeon about some of my worries. He said he didnt recommend either way but just said i needed some gentle support????? so now def confused lol July Buddies - Page 15 751387 He is really good but didnt really answer the question. I did feel a little rushed today (but thats NHS for ya)

Any way scars look great im pleased with the result as was vv frightened. I cant put any bra on at mo as my skin sore where the scars are so going to crack on again tom with the sports bra, i have one thats quite fitted and feels v supportive dya think that will do the job ???

im going to endevour to get some pics up tonight so you can give ur opinions on things

thanks for your help as always

x
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 28th July 2011, 5:17 pm

Lucy - re: the next day

I have to be honest i didnt feel too good at all the next day and couldnt move my arms much either although everyone heals differenlty and i had unders 330cc

RE:holdiay

im 11 days post op and really pleased with how my boobs look so far and im going on hol in 13 days so you should be fine but again we all heal at different rates.

if you have any other questions just ask

x
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 28th July 2011, 5:56 pm

OMG now im getting annoyed ...wtf!!!! Its a good job you have some sound advice on here .

When i went for my check up this is what I got told to do by the nurse ...Dont stop wearing your bra!!! It will be tender ...you have to still wear it . what she gave was simple not lint gauage dressing to put over my healing scars ..so that the bra doesnt rub ...

When you have your shower DON'T wash the area with soap ...

Use sterile water which basically nearly cold boiled water clean the area wiping from the inside ..to outside each separtely .

Allow to the area to dry ( i use the my hair dyer on cold to make sure its not damp ) then apply the linit over the area ...it sits just under your bra so you dont need to attatch it your bra keeps it in ..

Change your bra every day . You should be wearing it 24/7 until your told not to so which all depends on your 3 weeks check up thats when you get told if you can stop wearing it at night.

Change and clean it everyday till you due to have your next check up.

You have to keep it clean to prevent infection .

Im sorry im totally disgusted at the naff advice your getting ....If they dont know what to advise you to do they shouldnt of done it !

Thats my care plan up now .

But i have unders done . Do they know if they did under or overs ??? lol sorry but really . What one earth!!!! its a big op they should know the answers to your questions

xxx
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 28th July 2011, 6:01 pm

The lint stops you helps to prevent sweating so your scar can heal .skin on skin will sweat . while its healing you need to procect it .
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 28th July 2011, 6:03 pm

mio

im worrying now as they gave me nothing to cover the scars and they really feel too sore to put a bra on what should i do??

also i have already showered but didnt use soap (thank goodness) but it still feels really sticky from the steri strip how can i clean this off??

sorry for all the questions but def want to be doing the right thing

ill put my bra back on but think its gonna rub

thanks hun x
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 28th July 2011, 6:05 pm

gauze dressing lol thats the one xx
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 28th July 2011, 6:11 pm

Ive put my care plan on here for you ...you need to use a gauge dressing dont stick on just lie in under your boob over your scar ...but make sure you have used the sterile water on them ...and wipe in the direction of your arm pit on both sides .

Make sure the area is completly dry before you apply the dressing though dont worry if the first couple of dressing stick....dont pull them off just rinse with water till they fall off .

Its basic wound cleaning with any op you should do that keep it clean and dry . Until you got some gauge leave your bra off ...you dont want to rub the scar .

Have they told you not to swim on your holiday ...cos your going away before your 6wks is up?

xx
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 28th July 2011, 6:13 pm

Thanks Mio for all your help, they said nothing about the swimming and they know im going away in 2 weeks

Should i not swim ???

Feel like going back down to the hosp and screaming at them!!!

thanks goodness for this forum
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 28th July 2011, 6:25 pm

your welcome xx

No your not allowed to swin for at least 6weeks after your op your still healing ...you dont want to be getting any chorline in your scars .

Plus no exercise for 6 weeks either ...swimming is not allowed you need to use your arms to swin .

Like i say this is what i have been told by the hospital group who i went with , and i believe that other places say the same.

xxx
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 28th July 2011, 6:29 pm

Thanks hun u have been soo helpful, im going on the 12th so i will be about 4 weeks ish when we set off. Fortunately we are going for 3 weeks so might get a swim in the last week.

Thanks again hun, i m going to send me husband out in search of some gauze and then get cleaning and bra back on

x
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 28th July 2011, 6:35 pm

your welcome ...just clean it gentley its takes a couple of days to remove dried blood etc ...little at a time . clean n dry n you shouldnt get any type of infection which is the last thing you want xxx

Im off to calm down now lol xx

Happy healing xx
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 28th July 2011, 6:55 pm

Thanks again hun, i will endevour to get the situation sorted this eve. i think i have gauze if its the open weave one?

thanksJuly Buddies - Page 15 321562
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 28th July 2011, 7:10 pm

thats the one , looks like cotton . not fluffy . xx
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 28th July 2011, 7:27 pm

got it thanks xx
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ab1982 29th July 2011, 9:15 am

Arrghhh...just got the phonecall!!

I'm in 7am on sunday. Its really happening!!!!! lol

xx
ab1982
ab1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy4 29th July 2011, 9:48 am

I'm feeling your excitement Amy Jane... I just set my 5am alarm for the morning - I'm in for 7am tomorrow!!! X
Lucy4
Lucy4
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 29th July 2011, 10:23 am

i got my call yesterday! in at 12.30 so got all morning to wait! good luck ladies xxxx
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 260

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 29th July 2011, 10:47 am

Ooh good luck girls!! I had mine booked in for 12pm but ended up waitin til 1pm and I was up at 6am so a long mornin 4 me!! Not long now!! xx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 671

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 29th July 2011, 11:45 am

im soooooooo excited for you girls i bet you cant wait xx i felt like a new person when i came out of op xxJuly Buddies - Page 15 154564
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by chrystal 29th July 2011, 12:09 pm

Hi girls! I'm back home now with my 260 cc McGhan implants. My breasts are still swollen, of course, but I can tell they're going to look good when they've healed. So happy, it was all worth it! :)
chrystal
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 29th July 2011, 4:01 pm

congratulations hun July Buddies - Page 15 321562

How are you feeling?

x
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by chrystal 29th July 2011, 4:42 pm

I feel great, thanks hun! :) I don't even feel that much pain anymore, thanks to the pain killers. Just some little pressure on the chest. When I stay still I almost feel like I've never even been to a surgery. Moving hurts a bit.
chrystal
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next