Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre consultation? What?

+3
hollyolivarria
sharonk
Jaderowlands
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pre consultation? What? Empty Pre consultation? What?

Post by Jaderowlands 1st April 2011, 1:14 pm

Please can someone help. I just rang up to book my consultation to which I was told I can't see a surgeon I have to see someone else 1st. I'm really confused.... What is this pre consultation I've been tld I have to go to. The woman on the phone (who was lovely btw) said it's to discuss what I want out if the surgery and to recommend a surgeon an give a suggestion on the result. But I've done loads of research and I know what surgeon I want and what look I'm after and what to expect. Surely I can just go straight to a consultation with the surgeon I want. She said that the surgeons are poor communicators and dnt like discussing money. I was like hmmm surely the surgeon is the best person to tlk to when I discuss what u want doing. Grr this is all so time consuming. Plus I've heard of loads of you girls that have just gone straight to the surgeon directly. What is this all about. I'm quite upset about it all. Has anyone had a similar experience with MYA and Dr Singh?? Or have you just been able to see Dr Singh in the 1st instance. Please help!!!! Xxxxx
Jaderowlands
Jaderowlands
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Pre consultation? What? Empty Re: Pre consultation? What?

Post by sharonk 1st April 2011, 1:48 pm

ahhhh hello Jade,
You'll find most clinics have a consoltation with the clinic manager/co-ordinator to discuss your finance, show you pictures, your requirements, which may not be suitable to the surgeon you want. You can go direct to your surgeon but this is much more expensive!! You can tell the co-ordinator exactly what you want hun and express that you want Dr Singh :-) i know it seems like its a very long process but it will give the surgeon a much better picture when you meet him and he can be prepared for your meeting with him they dont want to talk money etc they will be all about your health, and implnats.
I know prob not what you want to hear but it is generally haow it works,

Good luck my lovely xx
sharonk
sharonk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaderowlands 1st April 2011, 2:04 pm

Thank you Sharon. That's it the co-ordinator. I couldnt for the life of me remember that title lol. I dnt mind going to seem them 1st it's just a
I heard lots of accounts where girls didn't I was a bit put back that's all vim glad it's a norm (well in most cases.) do u have any idea how long it would be between this initial meeting and a consultation with Dr Singh. I know it depends on loads of things like his timetable and availability but do u have any idea of how long the normal waiting period is between these two. Oh and will this meeting allow me to get an idea of how many cc is best or is that left to the surgeon?? Thanks for your reply hun. It does help alot xxxx
Jaderowlands
Jaderowlands
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hollyolivarria 1st April 2011, 2:25 pm

That happened to me at my first consul, I told her I wanted to talk to the doctor and she said that it will be my second consulation and that will cost 150$, which made me angry. I realize that all that company wanted was the money. So I went to another doctor after doing alot of research online and I went to the consulation and the doctor came in first. He was so mice, the first thing he said was, ask me any question you want, so then me and my boy friend ask him tons of questions and he answered all of them for us. Then he looked at my breast and recomened implant size and see if I would be good for implants, then he said he will have a lady come in and discuss the price and be able to try some implants on. So now I found my doctor.

I love how that doctor made me feel and I could tell him loved his job, it wasnt for the money.
hollyolivarria
hollyolivarria
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaderowlands 1st April 2011, 2:30 pm

Grr that would make me angry. I really hope they dnt try an plant a bill on me for a consultation with the surgeon. Not sure if your allowed to say or whether u would want to but I wanna ask what company and surgeon that was with??I hate how it's about the money. It's like, this is my body take some care in addressing your patients and putting them at ease. I imagine this is only a minute proportion but still. Glad you saw your beloved surgeon in the end tho :))) xxxx
Jaderowlands
Jaderowlands
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 1st April 2011, 2:45 pm

MYA won't make you pay anything to see a surgeon hun. I went with them and saw 2 surgeons before I saw mr singh. Sadly you do have to see a PC first but stand firm if you want to see a certain surgeon. I know there were one or 2 surgeons I wanted to see cos I'd heard good things about them but they did not work in my area or at highgate where I had my BA, so be prepared that you may have to travel to see a certain PS. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonk 1st April 2011, 2:55 pm

Jaderowlands wrote:Tdo u have any idea how long it would be between this initial meeting and a consultation with Dr Singh. I know it depends on loads of things like his timetable and availability but do u have any idea of how long the normal waiting period is between these two. Oh and will this meeting allow me to get an idea of how many cc is best or is that left to the surgeon?? Thanks for your reply hun. It does help alot xxxx

hey hun, i had mine meeting with co-ordinator on the tuesday then i met the surgeon on the saturday, then had my BA 4 weeks later :-) it totally depends on availability if you are around at the the same time and quite flexble it works out well, my timings were perfect as i had the time booked off (had to use holiday or i would of lost it) and was soo lucky that the first day of my holiday they could fit me in for BA... Yes it will let you try different cc look at pictures of other girls, if you have a picture of what you look like that may help if you take with you.

xxx
sharonk
sharonk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaderowlands 1st April 2011, 3:05 pm

Thanks pinkbabe. It's a bit annoying that u have to see a PC 1st but if that's the policy then I can't argue with it. So long as it dies add too much time to the whole procedure I'm still pretty happy with it all. I do definitely want dr Singh. My mum had him and said he was great and I've heard nothing but good things about him. Plus I want big implants and he's the man I'm tld to do this :)). I don't mind travelling. I'm in Liverpool but I know currently as far as I'm aware dr Singh is wring in highgate. But I'm quite confident I want him ( well as confident as I can be having never met him) xxx

Ooh Sharon that's really good timing. I hope it wrks that quickly and smoothly with me. The woman on the fone said it shouldn't be long between PC meeting then PS consultation then op. Yay. I'd like to try on the diff cc defo. Do they then tell the PS what size you would line or dies the PS recommend the size?? I guess I should stop asking and just wait for my consultation lol. Thanks for your help Sharon xxx

Jaderowlands
Jaderowlands
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 1st April 2011, 3:09 pm

Yeah he did my BA and I was told back in 2009 he only works in highgate. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 1st April 2011, 3:11 pm

I had to see a pc first as well but I told them on the phone I was ready to book. Told them what surgeon I wanted and booked to see the pc and the surgeon I wanted for an appointment straight after seeing my pc so only had to wait 5 mins between seeing pc and surgeon. Might be worth seeing if you can do that.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaderowlands 1st April 2011, 3:12 pm

Ahh well looks like I'm travelling then :)) xx
Jaderowlands
Jaderowlands
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 1st April 2011, 3:15 pm

I booked to see the PC the day the surgeon I wanted to see was in the clinic.

So I has 40mins with the PC- then 10 mins with Mr Khan... He's very abrupt so everything happened Very quickly! Haha.

Maybe u could ask ur clinic if u could do this hun? As it saved me making 2 trips. xxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaderowlands 1st April 2011, 3:27 pm

This is the best solution definitely. Can I just ask how long I had to wait from your consultation to your actually BA. Just a rough guide girlies?? Xxx
Jaderowlands
Jaderowlands
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonk 1st April 2011, 3:32 pm

I told the PC what i wanted looked at pictures found some i liked then we looked at sizes figured it would be around 300cc to 340cc. Then when i saw my PS i said im looking for natural look and want to go for 300cc -340cc and he looked at my boobs/skin/tissue and recommended 300cc as he didnt think i would be able to take much more (plus my surgeon doesnt do big) so he was perfect for me. Ask away hun thats what this site is for :-)

Good planning if you can get the appointments on the same day

xxxx
sharonk
sharonk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 1st April 2011, 3:41 pm

I saw the PC and Mr Singh on the same day, I said I didn't want to travel twice when I already knew mr Singh was who I wanted to see. So they should let you see him at the same appointment if you ask.
I booked and had my surgery about 3 or 4 weeks later. x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 1st April 2011, 3:45 pm

I had my consultations in october. Then I ummed and arred a bit more RE finance etc then decided it was a yes on february 28th and had my BA done on 22nd March.

I could of had it done the week after but due to work I couldn't.

It depend on your surgeons availablity and ur work I suppose :-) xxxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaderowlands 1st April 2011, 4:36 pm

Sharon good to hear u had a good experience all round. I hope the PC I see is just as helpful. I'm sure I want dr Singh so I'm definitely ringing back up to book to see him on the same day. Will save me a trip. Good to hear what to expect too cos before this thread I didn't even know this existed.

Thanx mrsm I'm gonna demand to see them on the same day. Oj but I'm gonna specify cos it would be alot easier an cheaper. Good to know that is possible. Cnt wait to meet dr Singh an tlk bout my big boobies (hopefully) xxx

Ooh Lola that just made me happy. I hope I can get my surgery really really soon. I'm praying he had availability. I'm 100% I want the surgery but obv not being overly confident until I've seen the PS. I'll try do my umming and arring quickly :)) xxx
Jaderowlands
Jaderowlands
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 1st April 2011, 4:54 pm

I've ummed and arred for about 4 years. And then after my consultation it changed from do I want this done to how am I going to afford this.

My friend had her BA 5 days after meeting the surgeon(she doesn't work lucky) so it can happen as quickly as yours and the surgeons committments let you :-)

What sort of size are u aiming for? Excited for u! Its such a great feeling when u finally start ur journey xxxxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaderowlands 1st April 2011, 5:10 pm

I suppose it's not uncommon to debate about surgery for a long time. After all it is a big step putting your body through it and obviously the money.

Wow that's so quick, ooh given me hope for my speedy surgery. Though I won't get my hopes too high I know surgeons are busy people. I'm hoping I can get it done in the Easter break but I dnt know. Doesn't leave me much time to get it all sorted. I'm hoping for e/f. I'm 34c now so just wanna see how big I can go. If he said f I'd be over the moon. Cnt wait to officially start the journey.

How are you healing up?? Do u have any regrets huni?? I imagine not :-) xxx
Jaderowlands
Jaderowlands
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 1st April 2011, 5:33 pm

No regrets whatsoever! Glad I waited till now to do it! As I may not of had such an amazing experience that I did this time. I couldn't of asked for anything better!

I'm in an E sports bra now. :-) and that's exactly what I asked my surgeon for.

Surgeons don't work in cup sizes and they are not scientific. So before your consultation get some pics of boobs you like the look of (me this look was the fake or 'glamour' look) that would prob help the PS to see what ur looking to get xxxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaderowlands 1st April 2011, 7:07 pm

Whose pics did you take hun?? Any celebs?? That's the look I want too. I dnt want them so in proportion. I'd rather they look big xxx
Jaderowlands
Jaderowlands
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 1st April 2011, 7:15 pm

That's exactly what I wanted hun. I didn't want natural.

I took a picture of gemma atkinson she was in hollyoaks. As my surgeon mr khan did one of her boob jobs. Also took one of chantelle houghton.

I said that's the look I want when I wear a bra. And I said I wanted to be an Eish xxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaderowlands 1st April 2011, 7:21 pm

Oh forgot to say really glad you had such an amazing experience. I can imagine it's really daunting. I'm unbelievably excited but still nervous. So much better when your comfortable. Ooh I like Chantelle houton. Also like Kim kardashians. Haha if only I looked like her xxx. So did you get that glamour look u wanted?? Xxx
Jaderowlands
Jaderowlands
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 1st April 2011, 7:30 pm

I'm only like 11 days post op so have no idea what their gonna look like in a push up bra. But they are the size I wanted! :-) I'm very in love with them! Haha!

Ahhhhhh I aim to look like Kourtney Kardashian! Though I should aim to look like kim as my bum is massssssive! Haha. So at least my boobs now out weigh my bum! They are 1 hot family!!!!!

Yeah take some pics into your consultations babe as it shows ur realistic wants xxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaderowlands 1st April 2011, 7:40 pm

Ooh well with E boobs they are bound to look amazingggg in a push up bra. :))) want my big boobs now!!

I love the whole kardashian clan. They are as close to perfect as humanly possible. Guess I'll have to settle for a blonde, less attractive likeness. Snap on the big bum. Least u got the boobies to get the perfect hourglass figure.

I hope my expectations are realistic though most girls seem to be really happy with their results plus I'm gonna push my PS to the limit he'll go. After all I've got the wide hips and big bum to match biggg implants hehe xxxx
Jaderowlands
Jaderowlands
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next