Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello and Sizing advice please?

+3
mrsm
javajunkie001
d_whpl
7 posters

Go down

Hello and Sizing advice please? Empty Hello and Sizing advice please?

Post by d_whpl 30th March 2011, 11:53 pm

Good evening,
this is my first post!
I signed up on here after the recommendation of a friend who did the same when she had a BA herself. How I do you do!
Basically I have a date pencilled in for the end of April so I can recover over the bank holidays.
I am currently a 36AA and was looking to go for a proportionate result, I don't want a large size but I do want a nicely sized package that looks right in the mirror.
My surgeon is really nice but really doesn't want to push you one way or another with the result that you're left on your own to decide - which is good and bad at the same time, really.
I have been rice testing for weeks now, and all I can say is this: the size of rice that looks best is 280cc. Does this mean I should go for 280cc implants? The nurse says yes, but I've read so much about how you should oversize slightly if it's an unders (which it will be), and also it will be a moderate profile, all combining to make me fear that it will look flatter than the tests. At the same time I don't want to risk going too big because I do not like a top heavy look (I am 5'8" and with an athletic type build)
Im at my wits end. I've only got a few days left to change my mind on the size and I keep doubting.

I am really concerned about the surgery, especially I dread the self conciousness in the first weeks when everything looks hard and unnatural. But I also know that once it's done it'll be one of those things I'll never regret so I have to keep telling myself that.
Thanks!
d_whpl
d_whpl
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 132

Back to top Go down

Hello and Sizing advice please? Empty Re: Hello and Sizing advice please?

Post by javajunkie001 31st March 2011, 12:10 am

Hi dear!!!!

Oh my goodness, I understand! My PS wouldn't guide me, said that he can't guarantee a "size" and I should go for the "form" I want. Which is true, but it is so hard and maddening, knowing it's not like buying a sweater - you can't take it back and exchange it if you don't like it! On top of it, I had no one to go with me and give me advice. I can't pick out black socks to match black pants, that's how bad I am at making decisions! Ha ha. I second-guess myself so much so this was the most painful part of my BA.

My dear PS finally tossed a couple sizes out of the drawer that were PERFECT - I wanted to be proportional and BEAUTIFUL FOR MY FRAME, not just boob-job-big... He understood. I said "I don't care what size these are I want THIS look" and we ordered them. Then I went home and read all over the Internet (don't do that) and started rice-sizing like crazy and called and left a message on my PS's machine at 9:00 at night saying I was now undecided. I paid almost a hundred extra bucks to change my order - and all I added was 25 CC's. Which is like a tablespoon. Talk about worrying it to death. And afterward is WORSE, still wondering if I got "enough." Even though, get this, I LOVE MY RESULTS! I SMILE when I look in the mirror. My sister says I look like I should have been born this way, not fake but just beautiful.

SOOOO.... learn from me. Trust yourself. As far as unders ending up smaller, I had full unders, and my PS says that's not necessarily true. Your muscles "pad" whatever bit of implant size gets "lost." Plus when they drop they fill out, according to the girls on this forum (I am too early post-op to know).

Hope that helps. Maybe you can put the rice down now and just look forward to it!
javajunkie001
javajunkie001
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by d_whpl 31st March 2011, 10:32 am

Thank you! Yes I have decided to go with my instinct and I will be asking for 280.
However when talking about this I asked if they came with a warranty and they told me that the high end type did but the cheaper type didn't. This shocked me because the choice was never presented to me before. I thought they only had one type of silicone, and that was it.
Now apparently there is two!! Decisions never finish do they? :'(

One thing I've been thinking about all morning is that they said the more expensive ones are 'cohesive' ones -- as if the cheaper ones weren't!! I thought all silicone implants were cohesive these days?! Are the old type thin silicone implants still on the market, that ripple and crease? I thought there were banned!
I can't believe this is coming to my attention only now... and I thought I could stop stressing now and simply wait for it...
Jeez...
d_whpl
d_whpl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by javajunkie001 31st March 2011, 2:46 pm

Hi honey ~

My only silicone option was cohesive gel. And mine are guaranteed for replacement if they rupture (cost of surgery would be on me though). My advice: pay more and get the cohesive, safer ones. You are already shelling out a lot of money, going under GA and altering your body forever. Don't risk anything! It makes me wonder why the more "watery" gels are even sold.... I don't think we can get them in the US.

My surgen ruptured an implant and keeps it in a plastic bag in his office. It holds together!!!! It made me feel so good, just knowing that, being able to touch it for myself. It is your body darling, you are worth it. Browse the surgeon threads on this forum ~ they talk about the types of implants they like to use, and that they trust.

Hope that helps!!! xxxxxx
javajunkie001
javajunkie001
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 31st March 2011, 3:52 pm

d_whpl I found deciding on size the hardest part. My rice boobs definitely looked bigger than my actual result though so bear that in mind, I think 280 on your frame will give a very natural result so if that's what you're looking for then go for it.

You're right all silicone implants are cohesive these days, but some are more cohesive (firmer) than others, and the firmer they are the less chance of rippling there is.

Good luck! Not long to go for you now xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by KIRSTY# 31st March 2011, 4:10 pm

Hi hun,

Just to let you know that I was a very small 34A before b/a and I had 295cc unders, and at the moment I am in a 34C post op bra, and although at first I was worried they were small, they are actually a nice size that suits my frame, If I had much bigger I would look stupid. I always said I don't want to go too big, yet I wanted a nice full size. I originally wanted 340cc but when I woke up after b/a was told that I had 295 as it was the biggest he could fit. At first I was a little disappointed thinking they was small but I think it was down to the fact that I was told I got a smaller implant then I hoped. I am now pleased with them, and think i will be more so in time once they have settled more.
About the different implants, I had the new one. Its called naturell, they say that they last twice as long as the old one. And the have a lifetime guarantee They cost me and extra £600. xx
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by d_whpl 31st March 2011, 6:34 pm

Thanks to everyone!
Yes, it makes sense to get the higher end ones, although I am a bit annoyed that they didn't mention this before - they let you dream and make your plans, and only then they tell you that actually, they're going to use the cheap one. If they'd mentioned the two different choices before, then I would have factored in the extra price (about £400) and other surgeons may have looked cheaper. It is something that I will definitely mention to them!
Yeah - I want a natural result. However, since I'm paying a lot of money, I want NICE natural, not PLAIN natural if you know what I mean! I had a look at the a moderate profile implant they had lying around and I thought 'wow, that's pretty flat - I wonder if it will do the trick at all!'

Kirsty your stats are really helpful as a reference, considering that I have less natural tissue than you had, 280 should put me between B and C? To be honest I'd rather be a full C. So maybe I should oversize slightly after all. But I see you're only 11 days post BA? So they may fill out a bit more in time. LOL!! See? All this time and all this info, and I'm still not any more sure than before! :doh:
d_whpl
d_whpl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 31st March 2011, 6:51 pm

Hi hun,
I can't really advise on implants as I don't really know about cohesive etc etc, I just took (blindly) what I was offered, and didn't take the natrelle ones because I WANT to replace mine in 10 years anyway as a personal choice.
Anyway, as to the size... well, it's the most difficult choice you'll make. As a 36inch band I personally think you'll want to go a little bigger in order to get to your desired size. I was a 30aa pre op, and I had 375 unders and am currently wearing a 30E or a 30DD sports bra, however, I would say I look about a C/D. They really, really don't look that big on me and I'm 5'1 and a size 6.
In order to get to the BIG sizes, in my opinion, you'd have to be looking at getting 460+ , anything under that will prob just bring you to about a DD max as you are a 36aa. Basically, the bigger your band size, the more cc you'll need for a cup size if that makes sense. You only need to look at a 30DD bra compared to a 36DD bra to see the difference.
I always thought a C/D was massive and yet now they are here, in hindsight, I wish I had gone for a 460 implant as I've paid a lot of money and I would prefer them to be too big than too small.
Hope that helps a bit xx
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 477

Back to top Go down

Post by d_whpl 31st March 2011, 7:27 pm

I completely agree, and yes it did help!
It's true that at the beginning, anything bigger than what you're used to looks gigantic.
It's the shock effect of seeing yourself with larger knockers. At the beginning of my tests I was thinking that it was insane, that I didn't want 'that' look, that I'd only ask for a B cup (seriously it's hilarious that I thought that - who ever goes to a surgeon only for a B cup?!). But the more I fumble around with the rice and with various bras, and the more I go out in them, I came to see that some of the sizes that looked unacceptable before turn out to be not so shocking, and actually they can be the most proportionate.
I am trying on this 36C that I bought the other day, for example, and my natural tissue plus 280cc of rice fill it out quite nicely. I'd like this look. Although I might get used to it too quickly and get greedy later. Seriously - 280cc on a 36 band sounds effing TINY. But it's all my eyes can accept for the moment... Wish I knew what my body image I will see in 6 months...
d_whpl
d_whpl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 31st March 2011, 8:57 pm

Hun its amazing how quickly you get used to them I never wanted huge knockers lol but now mine seem small to me now. Only you will know whats right but its an awful lot of money to spend for you to turn round a little bit down the line and regret. Also you might want to think about the width of the implant you are getting you may need an implant that is wider than 280 depending on your BWD. This is the reason I am having a re-op my implants aren't wide enough for my frame xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st April 2011, 7:52 am

You'll have time on the day of your surgery to further discuss any size
issues you have. You could call the clinic and request your surgeon
takes both sizes into theatre with him.

Take some pictures into hospital with you of boobs with the size and shape that you like. Surgeons don't work in cup sizes, they work in volume so it'seasier for them to calculate how much volume they would need to achieve the look you're after from a picture, then let your surgeon decide whilst your on the table which size implant would give you the best result to give you as near as possible the look you're hoping to have.

Are you in the UK? Which clinic are you with? xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by d_whpl 1st April 2011, 4:47 pm

Hi,
right - so I have called up, and they said the surgeon as a routine orders the desired implant, plus the next size up and the next size down. So hopefully there'll be leeway.
Also they have confirmed that they'll be using the higher end cohesive ones, but that will cost a bit more.
I'm with Mr Yelland at the Sussex Nuffield - anyone had any comments about him?
Tonight I'm going to a club and I'm thinking of going with the rice!!! Just to test out what attention the size gets. Hopefully it won't puncture and spill rice on the floor... :pale:
THe date is getting closer now.........
Good idea about the pictures!
d_whpl
d_whpl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by javajunkie001 2nd April 2011, 6:26 am

Only if you were ME, would the rice spill out of my stuffed bra onto the floor. That kinda thing is the story of my life. YOU will surely have better luck. Hysterical
javajunkie001
javajunkie001
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by d_whpl 2nd April 2011, 4:03 pm

Haha! I had better luck. Nothing broke. And I think I did get more attention! Although I didn't really fancy anyone. Do you regularly have to deal with more creeps once you have had BA? Cause I'm worried!

However the same volume of rice that looks natural in the sports bra doesn't look so natural in a normal bra without the compression (36C I was wearing last night). Is the 'sports bra' test the most representative of the results then?

The rice literally COOKED by being on me in the baking heat of the place for hours. When I took the baggies out they had that kind of smell of boiled rice!!!
d_whpl
d_whpl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 3rd April 2011, 11:33 am

Ha ha boiled rice that made me giggle. How brave of you to wear your ricies out.

I found that when mine were done they seemed slightly smaller than wearing the ricies with a sports bra on. Yes the sports bra compresses them but so will your skin/muscle perhaps slightly more so as I found, but some have said they found the rice test accurate xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down