Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

had my check up

+4
flowergirl
sharonk
lisalisa
KIRSTY#
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

had my check up Empty had my check up

Post by KIRSTY# 30th March 2011, 10:29 am

Hey girls,

I had my post op check up yesterday, and the nurse said I am healing nicely. She also said I can shower now and has given me strips to wear for the next week over my scars. She said it will make them more comfy in bras. Also about my chest strap she said I need to wear it for another week and bra for 6 weeks. Which I was shocked by as my PS said chest strap for 6 weeks and bra for 8. So don't know why that's changed? Anyway think I'm gonna see how they are myself and if I feel like they need it longer then I will continue to wear it for a while but maybe not all the time.
The nurse said I can go see them next week if I want, but wont need to, if not then I can book to see them at 4 weeks but again said see how I am as I don't need to go, and the next time I have to go is to see my PS at 6-8weeks, so she said to ring mid april to book to see him.
xxxx
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

had my check up Empty Re: had my check up

Post by lisalisa 30th March 2011, 10:44 am

I just had my 1 week PO check today as well! I feel like I'm stalking your posts Kristy heheh.

I don't have any chest straps but the nurse said I have to wear the surgical bra for another 6 sweek but can wear sports bra during the day. But I have to do this massage on my boobs/implants twice a day to make sure they soften and fall into place, but at the moment it hurts to do and am a bit worried whether I should push until it hurts or be less forecful, I asked the surgeon and he wasn't too straight forward, he just says it 's cos of the nerves.

See him again in 3 weeks so he can show me another way to massage my boobs, not looking forward to it as its hurting right now.

How are your twins feeling? Hope they aren't in as much pain as mine is xx
lisalisa
lisalisa
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonk 30th March 2011, 10:51 am

oooh thats lovely to hear hun congrats on your healing may it continue :-)

wow they are nice and flexible with you on appointments, my clinic are a lot stricter on going to see them lol. great news on the chest band i have another 2 weeks or just slightly under to wear mine which is annoying as none of my clothes hide it :-(

Are you happy with everything?

ooh whats the massage thing i never got told about that...
sharonk
sharonk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 30th March 2011, 10:55 am

Ooh lucky you Kirsty!
I still have another 6 weeks in my bras and 4 in my chest strap!
Glad you're healing well, what do you think of your scars?
Enjoy your shower! xx
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 477

Back to top Go down

Post by lisalisa 30th March 2011, 11:01 am

Sharon,

it's simple massaging twice a day for a few minutes, just pushing my the sides in then pushing the bottom boob/implant up, i think it's because I have smooth implants so there is a higher chance of CC. Aparently when I come back to see him in 3 weeks he'll show me more ways of massaging it

lisalisa
lisalisa
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KIRSTY# 30th March 2011, 11:35 am

Lol, thats ok lisa its because we are at the same stage. I haven't been told anything about massaging but I wouldn't be to forceful with them hun, just gently do it. At least the doc can show you how to do it properly. I'm feeling ok thanks hun, they are slightly painful to touch but not too bad. Its my bloody back that hurts, don't know if its how I'm sleeping or if I'm hunching over alot since having them. Hope your are feeling better soon. xxx

Thanks Sharon, yea i thought I would have to go more but I think as all seems to be well she said its down to me, if I feel like I want to see them that I can but if not then not worth going there unless I want to. She said 1 week is a must and 6-8weeks with PS, other then that its down to me. So I will just see how I go, will prob wait to see PS unless I feel like I want to be checked before then. I am starting to like them more now, at first I was a little disappointed as I got a smaller implant then I hope for but it was the biggest he could fit, but to be honest I think that's down to hearing people on hear with bigger and me getting boob greed.lol. I was so flat before and now I'm filling up a 34C post op bra, and that's the size I always said wanted so for me they are just right and I am now happy, just cant wait for them to soften and fluff. How about u hun? Are you happy? xxx

Thanks flowergirl, yea I was surprised by that thought I would be same as you. Maybe because yours are bigger that you need to wear it longer. My scars are looking nice a neat, don't really like looking at them.lol. Will put some more pics up tonight, so I will message you once they are up.
Thank you I had a shower this morn but was in a rush to get kids to school so gonna have a nice long one tonight and wash my hair. Been a back ache washing it over the bath. Hope your good hun and all is going well for you. xxx
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lisalisa 30th March 2011, 12:53 pm

Kirsty,
I have to say I'm pretty happy with the look of my babys now and the scars seem to be healing well so I have no complaint in that regard but it's the random stabbing sharp pains that comes whenever or where it wants that is causing me to despair and have been a little upset about it, I preferred the pain after the op as I know what the pain was like and how much it hurt and what would hurt, not its just so random and its wearing away at me

I know I shouldn't complain with what some of the other girls are going through but it's still draining, just taking more pain meds at the moment than I should.

Very good to hear your surgeon and place is flexible, great at a time like this. :D

Can I see the nest lot of pics when you have them up
lisalisa
lisalisa
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sampowell 30th March 2011, 1:41 pm

Hey ladies glad to hear you're all doing well. I got told to do the massage thing by the nurse, she demonstrated on my boobs. I asked if I could take her home as it was such a relief. Massaging Is good for morning boob too I tried it this morning. It's just my right boob that has this it bloody kills! Today I have a terrible backache, don't know if it's cos I'm still sleepin on my back or the fact that I've realised I'm walking like the hunchback of notredam. I keep trying to straighten up must be the weight of the implant. Anyways happy healing ladies. Summer tops soon! X
sampowell
sampowell
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonk 30th March 2011, 1:50 pm

Yeah i am feeling okay better than i thought which is good, i have just been for a walk into town (slow walk ) lol and with every step i take it feels as if my stitches are being pulled so i am walking with a hunch back lol, i keep trying to pull my shoulders back and walk more upright, just hope its easier next week when i am back to work :-). I dont think i need to massage as i haven't been told about it, i will ask the nurse next week when i go see her.

Glad everyone is feeling happier with there boobs and more confident :-)

sharonk
sharonk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 30th March 2011, 2:30 pm

I would double check the advise about the strap and bra with your ps. I was told at 10 day check up with nurse to start massaging my boobs at 4 weeks (before I saw ps) but when I queried it with my surgeon he said only to massage scars, not boobs. Always worth making sure if you've had conflicting advice.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by KIRSTY# 30th March 2011, 2:59 pm

Thanks Kittie, yea I think I will phone as you get different advice from each person, be best to check. xx

Hi Sampowell, I have been the same with my back, been suffering with back ache ever since having them done. I don't know if its the sleeping, or being hunched up. I was up london yesterday for my check up and so me and my mum made a day of it up there and was looking round the shops, well my god I was aching all over after, and still am 2day. Need a nice massage, will try and talk my OH into one tonight. Hope your feeling better soon hun. xxx

Lisa I'm glad your happy with yours. Sorry to hear about the pain, its hard. I keep feeling the stabbing pains and burning feeling quiet a bit, takes a bit of getting used to. Its not nice though, Whenever I get pains like that or feel tight and uncomfy I take my bra off for a bit and gently rub over my scars and around where its hurting and I find it helps a little. It will get better before you know it hun. xx

I am out for a friends birthday on friday night, 1st night out since. Not suppose to drink for 2 weeks after but I am 2 weeks on sunday, so I should be ok 2 have a few shouldn't I? Also while I'm out I'm planning on not wearing my strap as it wont look very nice on a night out. But I will put it back on when I get home. xx

KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sampowell 30th March 2011, 5:19 pm

Thanks love im feeling much better x have you tried looking behind you when facing forward? I tried it today when pulling out of a juncton in my car. Bloody ell my body wouldnt move at the front lol. Somethings gonna have to give x
sampowell
sampowell
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KIRSTY# 30th March 2011, 7:54 pm

lol, bless ya. xx
Can I ask which one are you in ur picture I always wonder this. xx
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sampowell 30th March 2011, 7:56 pm

Oh pink hair! The middle one my daughter the lady on the left my mum xx
sampowell
sampowell
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KIRSTY# 30th March 2011, 8:10 pm

Oh I thought that was you, it nice to see what everyone looks like. Before I imaged you as ur cartoon image.lol. Thats a nice pic by the way and I love ur hair. xxx
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sampowell 30th March 2011, 8:13 pm

Thankyou youre very kind xx yes my cartoon image was a fantasy of mine lol
sampowell
sampowell
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sampowell 30th March 2011, 8:14 pm

Which one are you in youre picture by the way its nice to see who im chatting to
sampowell
sampowell
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KIRSTY# 30th March 2011, 8:26 pm

I'm the one in the red, dressed as wonderwoman. Was from a 80's weekend in butlins.lol. xx
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sampowell 30th March 2011, 8:30 pm

Yeah you will tell us owt. You dress as wonder woman on daily basis! You look very pretty x
sampowell
sampowell
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KIRSTY# 31st March 2011, 8:23 am

How did u know my secret? I always dress as wonderwoman, and for some reason I get odd looks while doing the tesco shop.lol. Ah Thank you hun that's very nice of you. Hope your feeling well today. I am going to to have a big housework day today, and hope I don't hurt afterwards. xx
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lisalisa 31st March 2011, 11:50 am

Oh Sam OMG with the driving, I've been back at work 5 days after op and was drowsy and head was in a mush the whole time, stll am, fearng to drive so quite impressed you have tried.

Kirsty, I have found that I have already started sleeping on only 2 pillows and one is place verical so that it supports my lower back as well and I've been finding that it helps a bit
lisalisa
lisalisa
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sampowell 31st March 2011, 1:09 pm

Did you say youre back at work after 5 days? Youre like a walking miracle! Lol
sampowell
sampowell
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KIRSTY# 31st March 2011, 3:33 pm

Yea I have been sleeping with less pillows now too, as just end up with back and neck ache. I have been sleeping on my side a bit the last 2 nights with a pillow under me, been having better sleeps. xx
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lisalisa 1st April 2011, 12:14 am

sampowell wrote:Did you say youre back at work after 5 days? Youre like a walking miracle! Lol

hehehe, I HAD to go back to work after 5 days, I didn't really have any annual leave as I just used it over the xmas period (forced leave) and also I didn't want to tell work I was going for a BA and they would find it funny if I said I am taking 2 weeks off but not go anywhere...as I'm always planning for holidays.

My op was on wed and told work I had to care for my OH because he needed to have a knee op (he had one 2 months ago and I only had to take 1 day off to help him). So my op was on wed afternoon and back to work on Monday, last few days were awful though, I stayed on the pain meds longer than I would have if I was at home resting, brain was a muddle and I was literally just staring at my computer screen and "alt tabbing" all day so that it looked like I was busy working! Also pre- organised a few meetings that only required my presence and not muc imput.Next week will be soooo busy, I think I will end up paying for it by working back pretty late
lisalisa
lisalisa
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by javajunkie001 1st April 2011, 2:17 am

My 2 cents:

had my 3-week post op checkup today. Dear Surgeon's exact words were, "You can get rid of the granny bra now and buy some you like." :) No strap ever.

Steri-strips were removed, I am cleared to reach up now but not exercise or lift.

No breast massage at all, he says it is not proven to help and so few of his patients in 19 years have had CC that he thinks it has to do with other factors, not massage. But I can if I want to, he said. Haha.

Just thought you ladies might like another report. Maybe it has to do with your individual healing process, plus all surgeons are different. It is only a few recovery weeks, in the grand scheme of things, so hang on and hang in and soon we'll all be able to do whatever we want! WITH BOOBS! Flash
javajunkie001
javajunkie001
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next