Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

has anyone -just- had a lift? what did you think?

3 posters

Go down

has anyone -just- had a lift?  what did you think? Empty has anyone -just- had a lift? what did you think?

Post by charms 16th March 2011, 6:36 am

Hey everyone. this is my first post here :}}

I've been thinking about a breast lift for literally well over ten years now. (I'm 45) I don't really feel like I want any augmentation, it is tempting (is this boob greed??????) but I can't afford it and also, I'm really happy with my size right now, its just very very very uncomfortable physically and also is a big pain with my sexual life. :<<

i still feel very sexy in general and I love my body, but, in certain positions its rather extremely awkward and clumsy feeling and makes movement very difficult. // also, for some reason they are so stretched out that they actually feel numb a lot of the time.... they really dont have very much sensitivity in the usual ways and I really miss that.

So I have been looking for stories of people who only had a lift, but they seem rare.

I have been saving a very, very long time and this represents a massive cost for me. and I am trying to see if others have found it worth the down sides, the cost, the scars, the time to heal, possible negative reactions of significant other, unforeseen stuff, years later, everything.

so:

- do you feel it was worth it? (the cost, the healing time etc)
- is there any circumstance you would feel it wasn't worth it?
- how did your healing go? are you ok with how the scars turned out?
- how has your lift (w/o augmentation) held up over time?
- did you have any issues with your significant other being on board? did he come around after seeing the results? has this changed/improved your intimate life for you? my love is determined that he will love me as i am, but i really think he might be a convert once he sees how much more i can enjoy my times with him. and, i think if he admits it to himself, how much more he might enjoy it too. //

basically the real me is natural and lovely in its own way, but very awkward and uncomfortable for me and it affects me a lot. so i would be trading that for something rather more unnatural, (huge poofy scars) but, hopefully, comfort and freedom of movement for me.... i guess its a trade off.

I will need the full lift, with the incisions down the front and everything. I'm not really worried about the scars once they have a chance to fade, but, the beginning stages still seem a little daunting seeing some of the pictures out there.

I am very close to being able to really afford it after all this time.. i am actually not too far from reserving the surgery date.. I have a great dr that i really trust which helps a lot. but, considering the significant cost and risks I'm really trying to weigh everything out.

sure would love any thoughts on any of that.
thanks so much... sorry this was long. :>>
Anna
charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

has anyone -just- had a lift?  what did you think? Empty Re: has anyone -just- had a lift? what did you think?

Post by kay 16th March 2011, 9:10 am

Hi and welcome wavey

I initially thought about just going for a lift, however changed my mind as combined with a BA it gives a better result as the implant fills out the upper pole where the boob is empty of natural tissue due to age and gravity xx

I decided that if I was going to spend all that money on a lift and go through major surgery a little bit extra for implants wouldn't go amiss xx I didn't want to increase in size just wanted perkier and better looking to fit in with the rest of me xx

The scars were initially horrific, I won't lie, but then I had very badly puckered skin xx This has now faded away and the vertical scars are not that bad to be honest, although the ones around the areola are stretched more than I would like xx

I am having a reop, as the areola has not been centralised when the lift was done therefore this is being corrected xx

I have no regrets xx my OH was happy with me the way I was but understood and liked the new additions xx he also can see why I'm having a reop too xx

I hope this helps xx You'll find loads of great advice and support on here xx

Good luck xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

has anyone -just- had a lift?  what did you think? Empty Re: has anyone -just- had a lift? what did you think?

Post by charms 16th March 2011, 2:16 pm

I decided that if I was going to spend all that money on a lift and go through major surgery a little bit extra for implants wouldn't go amiss xx I didn't want to increase in size just wanted perkier and better looking to fit in with the rest of me xx

Hey, thanks so much :} people are very nice here!! yes thats the only reason i would want the implants too, not really to add a lot of size but to either maintain the size I am, or also, because I think it might help the results last longer... // I have definitely heard varying things about the size change.. Im not extremely worried about that, as I am very petite and small, I only weigh 100 lbs, and my breasts are quite a good size already for my frame.. So I'm hoping any of that might be minimal and/or not noticeable.. (definitely something to ask about though!) :<< also side benefit, if I am a little lighter it will last longer possibly //

It's not an option monetarily though.. i am already paying an extra almost $3000 just for the anesthesia fee! which is staggering in and of itself and also was an unexpected cost. thats cause I have history of a head injury. :<<

so I already have to really stretch just to afford that :< Also the other down side to the augmentation though for me, I understand they may need to be replaced after awhile?... (like much much later) and I wouldn't want it to be a problem if I couldn't afford that then. / not entirely sure about all that part though.

the main reason I'm really doing this is not so much to change my looks, I am happy with my look right now (so yes dont want to be smaller) the thing that really bothers me is a lot of physical discomfort with movement.. // :<< so thats the main thing I hope they can fix. Looks are definitely very important to be so I donit want them to change. the main thing I really want to change is the comfort part. (and, my intimate life part haha)

anyway thanks so much. yes, i see many, many people saying they are very happy with it, even with everything they go through. // wow good luck with your reop i guess that is coming soon. sorry this was long again I am just thinking out loud a bit. thanks for writing.

charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 16th March 2011, 3:38 pm

Your welcome xx

I was told that with a lift you lose a cup size and so my implant was to increase it a couple of sizes to compensate for this however I ended up a few cup sizes bigger so god only knows what went wrong haha xx

Can't believe they are charging you that much more for the put you to sleep stuff, I can't spell the proper word for it haha xx I bet that has made you a bit cross xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 16th March 2011, 4:38 pm

Hello Anna :wavey:

Initially I was just going to have the uplift but the boob greed did get to me and I decided to have a small implant too. The cost of the implant didn't add that much to the cost of my op.

I too was a little upset when I first saw my scars, but they do heal and fade. I have a little bit of pigment missing from the bottom edge of my nipples, this does bother me a little bit, but not enough to wish I hadn't gone through with it.

I too was 45 when I had my op and had talked about having it done for a few years, but in all honesty I didn't hate them and I could make them look bigger and fuller in the right bra but when the opportunity came (the funds) I took it. Hubby was fine about it, he loved my boobs anyway but supported me in my choice.

I have see some pictures (from another forum) of just an uplift and the results were fantastic. My ps also had his own pics of just uplifts and uplifts with implants.

It is a massive decision and one you really have to think about because like you say the implants will need changing eventually, although I have heard of some lasting more than 10 years. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Good luck with your research hun.

xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by charms 17th March 2011, 9:23 pm

thanks so much you guys. yes the extra $2700 made me very, very, very cross!!!!!! especially because without that fee, I could afford it, right now. @@

but they will not budge on that because I had a really serious head injury in a car crash and they say anesthesia is my biggest risk. :<< I know he's an extremely good dr so Im not too interested in finding anyone to do it for less.. // I sort of think anyone who would not care about that might not be as conscientious of a dr.. not sure. they will actually not make any money off it since that fee goes to the hospital, not their office.. so I dont really think they are trying to gouge me. // if anything they are losing money since they know i can't do the operation at all til i can pay the hospital fee.

ANYWAY thanks very much for the help & support and stuff. its helping me a lot cause ive got no girlfriends right now where I live. i certainly have a few questions and its been extremely fascinating hearing what everyone is talking about. thanks again so much.

charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down