Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh Dear- Help Please!!!

+2
Rachaelf
lola_blsk
6 posters

Go down

Oh Dear- Help Please!!! Empty Oh Dear- Help Please!!!

Post by lola_blsk 15th March 2011, 10:38 am

Ok so I gave up smoking over 3 weeks ago (yes I've had a few cheeky ones)
I just found out they basically have the same risks attached as smoking with the healing process.
I am currently on 5mg nicotine patches I cannot kick these as I will be straight back on the Bensons!

My BA is on tuesday and I won't of smoked at all for over a week but I am to take my patch of sat night for my BA tues morning!

Has anyone used the patches before their BA? If so when did u take it off? This has really frightened me! I forgot to ask at my pre-op last week!

Help please lovely ladies xxxxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Oh Dear- Help Please!!! Empty Re: Oh Dear- Help Please!!!

Post by lola_blsk 15th March 2011, 10:40 am

That message got completley mixed up... Stupid blackberry!

Its meant to say I'm on the patches- then the part about they have the same risks DOH!xx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachaelf 15th March 2011, 1:49 pm

I quit smoking in October using the lozenges, I tried the patches before and they didn't wok for me - maybe when you take your patch off you can use the lozenges to keep the craving at bay in the few days pre/post op. Good luck with the not smoking and all the best for next week.
Rachaelf
Rachaelf
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 15th March 2011, 8:13 pm

They do have risks as nicotine is still in your body, but I would stick with the patches if you can, the healing process for a BA is a year, and I'm sure you wont be on the patches that long. Stick with them hun, they are much better than the fags themselves and I'm sure you are noticing a difference in your breathing already.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 15th March 2011, 10:36 pm

Thanks girls! I am going to stick with the patches till sunday and ill just make sure I tell the aneasthetist. Eek!

I've really noticed a difference already! Got lots of energy, don't smell, feel heathier! But the downside I've put on nearly a stone :-( xxxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 15th March 2011, 11:14 pm

:tears: Same for me hun - I've put on 10lbs since stopping smoking 6 weeks ago - and despite long hard sessions on the treadmill, it's still not shifting.
I will lose it though!!!!!!
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkyboots33 15th March 2011, 11:31 pm

stick with it chick!.... the hardest part is deciding to quit but now you have made your mind up its easy, honestly!

you just have to get it into your head that YOU DONT SMOKE anymore and that you have bet the smelly money grabbing buggers... chuck they patches! they dont put you in the right frame of mind, in my opinion! they still make you feel addicted and that you need the nicotine YOU DONT!

I smoked 20 a day for over 20 yrs wen i stopped 6 month ago, if i can do it anyone can! you will feel heeps better, believe me! and just think of all the fab new brs's you'll be able to buy!
kinkyboots33
kinkyboots33
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 16th March 2011, 9:18 am

Yes stick with it hun, I've not had a cig for about 3/4 weeks now. My BF has given up too in support of me (how lovely). We were talking last night about it, we both miss it but I'm sure if we had one now it was taste crap! I can't believe the difference in my face, I look 5 years younger than I did a month ago, also I feel happier and calmer (how weird is that). I said last night that I feel like I'll always be a smoker who chooses not to smoke as I think it will be there in the background. But as the days go by I think about it less and less. Also you'll notice when you walk past a smoker how much they smell of it.....OMG I can't believe I never quit sooner. Stick with it hun there are no benefits to being a smoker. Hug
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down