Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know their BWD and implant width?

5 posters

Go down

Does anyone know their BWD and implant width? Empty Does anyone know their BWD and implant width?

Post by Peachy34 11th March 2011, 11:11 am

Hi ladies as you know I'm having a re-op to correct a problem I am having with my implants not being wide enough for me.

I have done some further research and have read that for optimum results an implant should be around 1cm less than your Breast Width Diameter.

Do any of you ladies know what your implant width and BWD are?

I have found out that mine is 14cm but the implant I was originally given was only 11cm. I would love to know what yours are so I can try to avoid the same mistake again .

Thanks

P xx

Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know their BWD and implant width? Empty Re: Does anyone know their BWD and implant width?

Post by summer11 11th March 2011, 3:40 pm

hiya hun
what implant did you have and have you looked on the forum at the top as it gives you links to all the implant catalogue. whats your ribcage measurement if your wider then mods prob would be better as they have more width but less projection.
xxx
summer11
summer11
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know their BWD and implant width? Empty Re: Does anyone know their BWD and implant width?

Post by misf1 11th March 2011, 5:48 pm

I don't know what mine was, but I have a 12cm width implant in and I have some side boob, so I suspect I was 11cm. I think you can go plus or minus 1cm in implant width.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 11th March 2011, 7:25 pm

Thanks summer & misf1, I have the catalogue of the implants my clinic uses they are the natrelle inspiras. They are the extra full projection. I asked the surgeon if the problem I am having is with the profile of the implant and he said no so I am presuming he will be using the same type of implant as before just a bigger size. I am perfectly happy with everything else about them other than they don't end where they should. When I looked at the catalogue the sizes were as follows the top one is what I have now
It shows CC width then projection.
TSX310 310 11.0 5.4
TSX340 340 11.25 5.5
TSX375 375 11.5 5.7
TSX400 400 11.75 5.8
TSX420 420 12.0 5.9
TSX445 445 12.25 6.0
TSX470 470 12.5 6.2
TSX495 495 12.75 6.2
TSX525 525 13.0 6.3

So if my BWD is 14cm if I go by the 1cm less route it would be the 525's which seem big in my head as I have the 310's now. When I asked the surgeon what he thought would correct it he said around 400 but thats still 2.25cm less than my BWD. I really want things to be right this time. I trusted his judgement last time and I'm having to go through it again. I just want to be prepared for when I go see him again to discuss my options I guess xx

Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 11th March 2011, 9:37 pm

Hi hun,

Sorry to hear you're having to get a re-op. My bwd is actually 11.5 cm, and the implants that I had are 12cm in width so actually a little bigger. I wanted to get a wide look in the lower pole though so perhaps that's why.

I'm surprised to hear the recommended width is 1cm less!!

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 11th March 2011, 9:49 pm

I think its 1cm either way lindylou depending on the look you are after I discounted 1cm over as it would be taking me to the 750cc realm on the implant type that I have which I really don't think I could carry off xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th March 2011, 9:53 pm

I would take those dimensions with you peachy and also have a look at the different profiles and print those off too and you can discuss it with your surgeon and both come to an agreement on the width
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 11th March 2011, 10:05 pm

Thanks misf1 I will do it does still niggle at me that maybe its the profile but I will gather the details and wait and see what gets said. xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th March 2011, 10:10 pm

I can't say I blame you hun, you don't want to be unhappy with them and you've had this problem with these implants, so I totally understand you being worried and I would want my surgeon to discus it with me.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou2011 1st September 2011, 12:46 pm

Peachy just wondered how everything turned out for you and what you went for in the end?

I'm so worried on the whole base width thing because my surgeon doesn't take these measurements and assesses everything visually. Once I was told that my base width was 13cm and after insisting my chosen surgeon take my measurement he told me 16cms????? By the way my rib cage is 29.5 cms and I wear a 34b. The implant he has recommended is 11.25cm wide. I don't know what to think now???!
Lou2011
Lou2011
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 1st September 2011, 3:56 pm

Hi, I ended up getting Natrelle 445g implants they are the extra full projection which were 12.25cm wide with 6cm projection. They are loads better than the 310's I had, occasionally I feel they are a little bit too big for me I can't dress them down anymore. I don't have loads of side boob but my boobs end where they should now. My 310's looked like they stopped about a cm or so before the outside of my ribcage. Not a good look! I still suspect that the result I wanted could have been achieved with a dfferent profile and they wouldn't have to stick out so much lol. But I'm really happy with how they have turned out they don't look too fake.

My surgeon didn't make too much about measurements. He said he had an idea about which size would look right and took the size smaller and the size bigger into theatre. Unfortunately first time he got it wrong but in a way I'm glad he did as I think if I had got these boobs first off I would have always wondered if I had done the right thing getting them so big at least I know that the smaller ones totally didn't look right.

Good luck, I've nevefr heard of anyone else having the same problem as me so hopefully your surgeon will know his stuff and get it right for you Does anyone know their BWD and implant width? 184153
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou2011 1st September 2011, 4:28 pm

I'm glad it got rid of your problem and must say from your pic they do look a good shape. But in a way I am worried now. Like you I have a 13.5/14cm BWD and have been recommended a 295cc high profile 11.25cm base. I'm wondering if I sould go for the moderate which is 11.75cm at base but my surgeon turned his nose up at this saying they would look too flat and not a nice shape. All he said was that there is plenty of breast tissue to cover the implant. Thing is if you only want to increase a cup size or two you are very limited to what implants are right for you. Can I ask what bra size you were before? Also I gather the same surgeon did your original op? Was he surprised that you encountered the problem?
Lou2011
Lou2011
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 1st September 2011, 4:58 pm

My original surgeon did my reop and yes he was very surprised it had happened and I must say he was brilliant at rectifying the problem he would have fixed it 2 weeks after I informed him about it I chose to have it done a bit later for convenience.

Its such a difficult thing to determine how the implant will sit once its inside you and there are loads more factors than BWD that they have to take into consideration. My 310's looked great at first I was so pleased with them but then they settled and they just started to look odd at the sides I thought it looked like I'd got the wrong boobs on lol.

Most people say their boobs fluff and get bigger and fuller but mine got smaller and narrower.

I was a 34B/32C before my op and after the 310's was a 32E and now am a 32FF.

Have you took pictures o show your surgeon the look you want?

I would express your concerns and ask your surgeon to explain why what he has chosen is the right choice for you. You are paying alot of money so are entitled to have your fears put to rest. : )
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou2011 8th September 2011, 10:34 am

I ended up going to see some other surgeons (should have done this first of all). There are huge differences in their base width measurements and they all have very different implant choices and I really think it's all to do with their personal preference. One surgeon said I could go full or moderate but said moderate would probably be nicer and the other said full or extra full but that I'd have to go for a bigger cc. I decided to go for a moderate in the end. I don't want a huge cc and these are wider so better matched to my base width although still quite a gap. Hope I've made the right choice...will just have to wait and see!! You honestly do look a really good shape though so ur PS has clearly done a good job!!
Lou2011
Lou2011
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down