Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worrying about scars and OH's reaction

+2
carol_s
Malibu
6 posters

Go down

Worrying about scars and OH's reaction Empty Worrying about scars and OH's reaction

Post by Malibu 9th March 2011, 9:35 pm

Hi all!
I'm having small implants to correct asymmetry and an uplift on the larger side.
I'm having a little freak out about the uplift scar.
I've seen lots of pictures of these uplift scars - some heal amazingly and some I think I'd be upset to carry around on myself.
I was told that my scars should heal and fade very well because I'm very fair skinned. Is this true or just a comforting remark to shut me up?
I have other scars on my body that have healed and faded amazingly, but is this a good judge of how skin on my breast would heal? Is it different?

Also for anyone who has had an uplift - how have your boyfriends/ husbands reacted to the scar? I'm worried about my boyfriend finding it gross, I've tried to explain to him what I'm having done and encourage him to look at pictures so it's not a big shock, but he seems a bit clueless and just says 'i'll have to wait and see'.
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Worrying about scars and OH's reaction Empty Re: Worrying about scars and OH's reaction

Post by carol_s 9th March 2011, 9:41 pm

Hi Malibu, I think if you have skin which heals well, this will apply to your whole self and won't exclude your breast area. People with darker skins have a higher chance of developing keloid scar tissue than people with fair skins. Once you get the go ahead from your surgeon, you can further enhance the healing by suitable massage and there are creams available which contain ingredients which help even further (Tanamu cream for instance).
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Worrying about scars and OH's reaction Empty Re: Worrying about scars and OH's reaction

Post by misf1 9th March 2011, 9:46 pm

I agree, the scars on your body are a very good indication of how you will heal.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu 10th March 2011, 7:26 am

Well that's good news! Thank you girls!
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 11th March 2011, 5:30 am

I had a lollopop lift and I am very happy with how my scars look and I am not bothered by them at all because the lift has given me such good shaped boobs!

As for showing me hubby, well I was so nervous at first thinking he would be grossed out by them, but he isnt bothered by the scars AT ALL, he says he doesnt even notice them, he just loves my new big perky boobs!

Good luck x
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by belindavictoria 12th March 2011, 9:25 am

Hi,

I have lollipop incisions which are just healing up now. The incision lines are very thin (much thinner than previous operations that I've had) because plastic surgeons are the experts in sewing people up- beauty is of utmost importance to them. My scars would be as thin as a biro line. My husband admitted to me before the surgery that he was worried about the scars- he has since said how good that look. Much much better than he thought.

Best of luck,

B xo
belindavictoria
belindavictoria
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu 12th March 2011, 6:18 pm

Thanks for the responses. I feel much better now!
6 days to go...eeek!
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Auriga 13th March 2011, 8:40 am

Hi Malibu,

Sounds like you're having the same op as I just had . I'm hoping that my scars fade like my c section one, you can't even see it unless you know you're looking for it. I used Bio Oil as soon as the skin had healed over and it did the trick. I've got my follow up appointment on Tues so will be starting the oil again as soon as he says it's okay to.

If you're like me and have had years of trying to disguise the fact that you have asymmetric boobs, it will all be worth it! I'm delighted to not have to stick to padded bras anymore!

Good luck xxx yahoo
Auriga
Auriga
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu 14th March 2011, 8:18 pm

Thanks Auriga, I'm sure I'll just be thrilled to have them roughly the same size and won't even fuss about the scar!

I'm also going to try misf1's tip that I read on another thread about using tea tree oil in the bath.
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down