Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the ball rolling.......

+4
Sparrow2435
misf1
sammi35
emilym20
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Got the ball rolling....... Empty Got the ball rolling.......

Post by emilym20 9th March 2011, 6:54 pm

I had my first visit to GP this afternoon to request BA for my wonky boobs!!

Was so nervous, but female GP was lovely, she is sending a letter and I have to wait for a yes or no, if it is a no I can appeal against it for an exceptional case. Fingers and toes are so tightly crossed for a yes, would make such a difference to how I feel about myself.

I would love advice from anyone who has succeeded in getting BA through nhs or anyone currently applying. Xxxxxx

Last edited by misf1 on 9th March 2011, 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit title)
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Got the ball rolling....... Empty Re: Got the ball rolling.......

Post by emilym20 9th March 2011, 6:56 pm

That was meant to say ball rolling..... Bloody predictive text!!! Lol
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi35 9th March 2011, 7:02 pm

congrats on takin that step hope you hear soon , i wasnt ever brave enough to try on the nhs , good luck hun xx
sammi35
sammi35
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 9th March 2011, 7:15 pm

Hi hun, I've edited the title for you. I'm sorry I have no experience of the NHS but I'd like to wish you the best of luck. I'm sure the girls on here that have down the NHS route will be along to share their experiences.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 9th March 2011, 7:49 pm

Thank you both :) xxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow2435 9th March 2011, 11:01 pm

Good luck to you, its nice to know someone is going through it the same time as i am :) xx
Sparrow2435
Sparrow2435
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 9th March 2011, 11:46 pm

I haven't been down the NHS route but I'm sure some girls could help you on this matter.....good luck hunnie xx
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 10th March 2011, 4:23 pm

Thank you :)

Yes we should compare notes as we go along :) I have heard of a friend of a friend in my area who managed to get BA on nhs but that was a few months ago, don't want to get too hopeful at this stage. As I really couldn't afford a loan/credit card to go privately at the mo. Xxxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 10th March 2011, 6:29 pm

I haven't any experience of the NHS route hun, just wantd to wish you luck. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow2435 10th March 2011, 10:01 pm

Such a horrible feeling not knowing and one minute thinking they are gonna say no and then another thinking you might have chance, I honestly don't know what to think to be honest! X
Sparrow2435
Sparrow2435
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 10th March 2011, 10:08 pm

Hey, I just wanted to say well done on finally going to your GP and good luck! I've just my funding approved on the NHS which took about 10 months, and it's been hard work! Where are you in the UK? I'll be happy to help if I can if you've got any questions. Xxx
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 10th March 2011, 10:23 pm

Sparrow2435 wrote:Such a horrible feeling not knowing and one minute thinking they are gonna say no and then another thinking you might have chance, I honestly don't know what to think to be honest! X

So true! I get excited at a glimmer of hope......then I think oh the GP is only sending a letter.......back to hating my boobs! Arghh! Oh and buying lottery tickets ;) lol xxxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 10th March 2011, 10:37 pm

Louise91 wrote:Hey, I just wanted to say well done on finally going to your GP and good luck! I've just my funding approved on the NHS which took about 10 months, and it's been hard work! Where are you in the UK? I'll be happy to help if I can if you've got any questions. Xxx

Hi :) yay and congrats for you getting your funding approved, you must be so relieved! shows I need to be patient! I'm in Norfolk. Where are you? Do you mind telling me your reason for BA? I'm applying because of asymmetry and confused about if they'd only offer one implant to make the smaller bigger??? Xxxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow2435 12th March 2011, 1:02 am

Funding through the NHS of aesthetic surgery is seen as low priority but treatment may be considered in exceptional circumstances.  Young women who have yet to have children may not be funded because of breastfeeding difficulties in the future.  The following sets out conditions for exceptionality (in my area):

Functionality indications: physical conditions that would be an indication for treatment are identified for each procedure.

Psychosocial indications: patients who have disabling psychosocial problems related to an aesthetic problem and for whom surgery is expected to significantly improve quality of life and social functioning may be considered for surgery.  However, this indication alone is not seen as proof of exceptionality because:

• There is no tool which would provide an objective assessment in the clinical setting to measure the severity of psychosocial dysfunction;
• It is known that severity of aesthetic problem does not relate to the extent of psychological distress a person would experience;
• There has been limited research that has looked at improvements in psychosocial functioning of those severely affected by self-perception following surgery.

Breast Augmentation
Patients with severe congenital absence or gross asymmetry (a difference of more than 2 cup sizes) may be eligible for funding if there is a related effect on psychological health and there is reason to believe that surgical intervention will improve this condition.  As part of this, patients must have been wearing a professionally fitted support bra for at least 3 months which has failed to reduce symptoms.   All this information should be well documented in the application before a decision can be made by the PCT.  Requests for funding must be supported by the patient’s clinician (GP and/ or consultant) and include at least the height and weight; impact on physical health and the current bra cup size(s).

Funding will only be approved where there is a clear indication that breast augmentation surgery is not for cosmetic purposes and a psychological and/or physiotherapy report may be required to assist the decision making process.

Requests for removal and replacement of breast implants are not normally supported.

This is what I found out from my local PCT website... Looks really strict on funding! :(
Sparrow2435
Sparrow2435
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 12th March 2011, 2:48 pm

Yes that seems very similar to what ive read for my area. They have to be strict tho so that not everybody applies for it. Be strong and stick with it :) you are eligible as I am too so think we need to be really clear why it affects us and make a strong case. Xxxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 14th March 2011, 2:37 pm

Hi Emily

My area no longer finds asymmetry surgery unless you can prove your exceptionality. In my area that means basically that you are either more greatly effected with the problem, or likely to benefit more greatly from treatment, than other people with the same condition.

How many cup sizes are you different? As I had 2 cup sizes they thought it was worth making a case for exceptionality, but I gave up waiting.

I know someone on here did get implants on both sides. The NHS surgeon I saw only wanted to put an implant in one side for me though. So it varies.

PM me (once you're not a newbie) if there is anything specific you'd like to ask. x
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 14th March 2011, 3:45 pm

Hey bigandsmall! Thank you for that post, yes my asymmetry is more than 2 cup sizes different so that's why I'm kind of hopeful however I know its gonna take ages and at the moment I am so unbelievable fed up with them I am seriously considering all options of finance, really can't afford a loan tho!. And am worried that I will only get offered one implant with nhs which I can't imagine would feel right?! Can I ask who you have gone with if you are going private now? Xxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 14th March 2011, 9:33 pm

PM me when you're not a newbie and I'll let you have my details. Don't like posting too many personal details 'public'. I'm up north though so probably wouldnt be a suitable surgeon for you.

Is it just asymmetry you have or polands or tubular breasts? I think with some of the specific breast problems they are more likely to give you implants both sides because its the only way to match them up.

There are surgeons out there who have asymmetry experience if you decide to start looking at going private, you just have to do a bit of online searching to find them!
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 15th March 2011, 7:12 am

That's fair enough Hun. Well.... I don't know! I think the bigger one might also be tubular, but not sure. My GP didn't say anything just that there was a noticeable difference. This is partly why I'm looking at going private so I can find out what they would do, not sure if the bigger one would need an uplift and implant. Xxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow2435 15th March 2011, 12:07 pm

emilym20 wrote:That's fair enough Hun. Well.... I don't know! I think the bigger one might also be tubular, but not sure. My GP didn't say anything just that there was a noticeable difference. This is partly why I'm looking at going private so I can find out what they would do, not sure if the bigger one would need an uplift and implant. Xxx
Did your GP measure you? They didn't measure me :/, thought that this would be important to put in the form, they said was there was noticeable differene too, but nothing regarding the size xx
Sparrow2435
Sparrow2435
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 15th March 2011, 7:34 pm

Hey! No they didn't measure me either, bit silly really wish they had taken photos to send as embarrassed as I would be! Instead of just had a quick look at them and said yes there's noticeable difference so I am wondering if I should get a private surgeon to quote me and see what they'd do and if it is tubular etc xxxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 15th March 2011, 8:32 pm

emilym20 wrote:Hi :) yay and congrats for you getting your funding approved, you must be so relieved! shows I need to be patient! I'm in Norfolk. Where are you? Do you mind telling me your reason for BA? I'm applying because of asymmetry and confused about if they'd only offer one implant to make the smaller bigger??? Xxxx

Thanks...kind of relieved but the stress of a horrifically unorgaised NHS and trying to organise the surgery around my exams is kind of taking that away at the mo! Patience is an understatement, I just found out today that the plastics department have had my notes sitting on their desks for 5 WEEKS and no-ones done anything or thought to phone me to arrange anything. It's infuriating. Anyways, sorry about the rant! Im in London and applied for funding cause I have massively uneven boobs, ones like an a and the other a d. But in answer to your question about the implants, im (i think?!..im not entirely sure about anything anymore!) having implants on both sides because my larger side is tubular and so even if the size was evened up then they would still look weird cause the shape would be different if that makes sense. Hope that helps! Xxx
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 15th March 2011, 8:42 pm

Hey Louise :) don't blame you for ranting, I would be! But we all know what the nhs is like!! I know what you mean that is what I think, if they made the smallest bigger itd be perky and the bigger a saggy mess! Just a waiting game I guess at the mo. How long did you take to get this far? Sounds really good what they've offered you! Xxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 15th March 2011, 9:06 pm

Yeh, I just wish wish wish I had the money so I didn't have to rely on the NHS, but beggers can't be choosers! It's taken me about 10 months to get where I am now, so quite a while. You just have to keep on their backs, i've probably waited to hear about things for to long so have got a bit better at chasing things now. And it is really good what they'ved offered me, if I can say one good thing about my surgeon it's that I think he genuinely wants the best result possible for me which is good. But unfortunately but because of all that they have offerd me it's going to take a while to complete! Xxx
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 15th March 2011, 9:20 pm

BUT you will have lovely boobies at the end of it all!! And I bet 10 months is nowt in comparison to how long you've wanted them!
Its only been a week since I saw GP but am wondering if I should be chasing to see if they've actually sent the letter yet, my guess is no! I wish I had started the process ages ago! Turned 21 last month and unsurprisingly no one brought me a boob job lol!!! Gonna have a clear out of stuff in my flat on eBay and try saving up! Xxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next