Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who's telling me lies?

+11
carol_s
jay1983
kaboobie
sarahdawn31
kay
bigandsmall
shellymae
abbie
wend
alfie
mossy84
15 posters

Go down

who's telling me lies? Empty who's telling me lies?

Post by mossy84 23rd February 2011, 3:21 pm

Hey all

I've just been to an initial consultation with a nurse at Spire hospital after already seeing HMG and transform. The nurse has put the fear of God into me!

She told me that under no circumstances would the surgeons at Spire perform a breast uplift and breast augmentation at the same time. She went on to say that any company who promise this are putting my health at risk because i can pretty much be guaranteed problems after the op. She appeared completely insulted that i had visited other companies (who are prepared to do both) and didnt have my heart set on Spire and appeared quite keen to "voice her opinions" on them.

Now im not sure whether she is in fact telling the truth and im being fed porkies by the big companies, im falling for all of their jargon and putting myself at risk or Spire are oober profesional and careful.

Why would they say its unsafe when everyone else offers both procedures in one operation?

Would love some reassurance girls ........... help

Laura
mossy84
mossy84
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

who's telling me lies? Empty Re: who's telling me lies?

Post by alfie 23rd February 2011, 6:11 pm

Hi Laura, I have heard of some surgeons that like to do the operation in two parts, not sure why.

I had my op with MyBreast, my surgeon is a member of all the relevent medical bodies and also works as a plastic surgeon within the NHS, I trusted him completely. I don't think he would have performed a full uplift with implants if it wasn't safe for him to do so.

Who is the surgeon you saw at Spire?

Perhaps you could ask James this question hun, I would be interested to know why, even though I've already had my op.
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by wend 23rd February 2011, 6:35 pm

I really dont know. I went with Spire and they were excellent but i just required straight forward implants. i didn`t see a nurse just straight to the ps who was performing my op. I think lots of ladies have had both done together though. As Alfie said it wouldnt hurt to ask James x
wend
wend
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 23rd February 2011, 6:37 pm

I think theyre just trying to get two lots of money out of you tbh. .
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by mossy84 23rd February 2011, 7:21 pm

That did cross my mind....

il post a message for James now and see what he says

Cheers guys xx
mossy84
mossy84
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shellymae 23rd February 2011, 7:47 pm

I personally haven't heard of a PS that won't do both, is there certain circumstances that don't allow it like a lot of breast tissue to remove? cause I know the more tissue being removed the riskier it is :(
shellymae
shellymae
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 23rd February 2011, 8:02 pm

Surely its more of a risk to go through surgery twice?
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 23rd February 2011, 8:27 pm

Several surgeons (inc Spire!) said my implant and uplift would be put in at the same time.
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 23rd February 2011, 8:35 pm

I've heard some PS recommend the ops are done separately xx no idea why shrug

I know that a lot of American sites talk about it being done as two procedures xx

I am not happy with my uplift and BA and am having a reop.....maybe I should have had them done as two different procedures?

shrug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 23rd February 2011, 8:36 pm

I had an unplift and ba at the same time, and it was never an option to do it in 2 ops... my ps is recognised as one of the top doctors where I live and he says its just fine, he did however say there is a limit to size when having a lift... he put the max in me he felt comfortable with.

I had no complications, in fact my boobies healed up fast and wonderful!

I think there is probably more a chance of risk when having to have 2 ops and 2 ga's? doesnt make sense to me they would say that?

also I know when my ps performed my lift, he worked with the implant to create the shape I wanted, I am not sure how he would have accomlished it by just a lift then at a later time having to fit implants in.

good luck hun finding what u need.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 24th February 2011, 1:57 am

mine was also done at the same time
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 24th February 2011, 8:21 am

I htink it is the way the private hospitals make more money to be honest. Lots of people have BA/Uplift done worldwide at same time. If it was such an issue it would be rarer. I hate it when one place calls the others unprofessional as it actually makes them sound bitter not professional. The majority of clinics do good jobs...so its a case of finding one that makes you comfortable. If she was so confident in her company and the operations she would have had more of an argument and clinical proff to back her up. That attitude would rule them out for me! x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by mossy84 24th February 2011, 1:09 pm

I messaged James on here and he reckons that doing both is completely safe....and il take a surgeons advice over a nurses any day!

So now i can stop worrying and also be happy that i got my loan through today to pay for it!!!!!!

yipee
mossy84
mossy84
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 24th February 2011, 1:45 pm

Aww, congratulations hunnie on getting your finance sorted - won't be long now before your booking it then Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonic28 24th February 2011, 5:07 pm

Hi Mossy,

I've never heard of this before and it sounds absolute nonsense!

Why did you only see a nurse? You need to talk to Plastic Surgeons about surgery and your breasts - not nurses......

I wish you luck to you in your future consultations. I would have further consultations with PS's and I bet you won't hear of having to have two ops again..... nope

Lots of love xxxx
Tonic28
Tonic28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 997

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 24th February 2011, 5:36 pm

Ooh that's good hun, glad you got that sorted, you can go ahead and plan your big day now.... yipee
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 24th February 2011, 5:53 pm

Great news Mossy!

Myself and lots of other girls on here are living proof that it's perfectly safe to do both procedures in one op.

xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by hazleyez2201 25th February 2011, 3:52 pm

I am having both an implant and uplift at the same time. I think they are just trying to get more money out of you and maybe you should think about going elsewhere.
hazleyez2201
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by newboobs? 1st March 2011, 11:10 am

Hey hun

I went with Spire and saw the PS straight away. He did tell me far more detail about the risks and how he'd prefer to do two seperate ops, however understood why most women decide to do it all in one go (PRICE!!)..He said doing the lift first waiting for it to settle then the implant a few months later is the best option...He also said he doesn't usually do surgery for women over 35 and smoke...I am just 35 and have never smoked and he said I have good skin so is prepared to go ahead! Phew!! This didn't however put me off, in fact it made me more confident to go with him..he was quite the reverse to the hard sell which I found at 2 other companies..Also a very clear easy to understand english speaking PROFESSOR! - He was my choice..

I am now 8 days post op and overwhelmed with what he has created with what I had!! dance

Even if they are still very alien to me, numb and firm - I understand it takes many weeks for all to look and feel somewhat normal again.

On this beautifully sunny day in Leeds, I am really looking forward to the summer!

Which Spire are you going to - I have also heard magical things about Manchester and Methley.??

Another reason I chose Spire, was because it is an actual hospital, and if there was anything to go wrong, all the equipment, facilities, medication, doctors would also be there - unlike 'A Boobie Hospital'.

x
newboobs?
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 1st March 2011, 12:39 pm

Another reason I chose Spire, was because it is an actual hospital, and if there was anything to go wrong, all the equipment, facilities, medication, doctors would also be there - unlike 'A Boobie Hospital'.
I don't think that is quite fair to the other, as you call them 'Boobie Hospitals' hun.
I went with THG and they do all procedures at Dolan Park - which is a state of the art as far as equipment is concerned and there are plenty of fully qualified surgeons and anaesthetists at the hospital. One other benefit is they don't have to order in implants for you as they do so many of these procedures, they keep just about every possible size in stock.
I am sure many of the other 'boobie hospitals' work in a similar way too.
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by newboobs? 1st March 2011, 1:12 pm

Sorry, what I meant by other Doctors etc..was that there will be various doctors/nurses for any procedure whether it for heart, brain ( major organs) bones etc to call on within the same building.......It just put my mind at ease, regards to every possible outcome, thinking on the worst case scenario.

My surgeon also didn't have to order in the implants. I wasn't sure what size I was going to have on the day of surgery, he had plenty there to choose from.

newboobs?
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down