Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breast Uplift an Breast Implant

+8
belindavictoria
sarahdawn31
abbie
kld247
alfie
tekarma
misf1
Gilly
12 posters

Go down

Breast Uplift an Breast Implant Empty Breast Uplift an Breast Implant

Post by Gilly 21st February 2011, 5:49 pm

Hi Girls

Hope someone can help me out. Im booked in for uplift and Implant with Transform Stirling on 19th March ... am soooo scared. I was gutted i needed an uplift totally wasnt expecting that but surgeon Dr Kuna said i would get the best results as i dont have much breast tissue and nipple sits quite low down. My main worry is the scars and also how long my new boobies will take to settle i know everyone is different at healing but if you could share your experiences esp if you have had Dr Kuna.

Cheers G
Gilly
Gilly
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Breast Uplift an Breast Implant Empty Re: Breast Uplift an Breast Implant

Post by misf1 21st February 2011, 8:56 pm

Hi hun Welcome to the forum, I am going to move this post to the uplifts section for you, you should get more info from the girls there. I've seen some pics of the girls uplifts and I have to say the scars have all healed wonderfully.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tekarma 22nd February 2011, 10:21 am

hi hun, I to found out that i need an uplift too.

I had my 1st consultation last week & have my 2nd on march 15th.

Not only is it a nightmare due to the costs going up but also as you said its a whole extra operation that you need to heal from.

I'm so glad i found this forum though as its been a wealth of information & support ;-)

x tek x
tekarma
tekarma
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly 22nd February 2011, 11:43 am

Hey babe i know i really didnt expect that and was abit taken back but it makes you want them even more as now you think to yourself that they are sagging but its not always the case sumtimes its just your own natural shape and if i dont have that done i will have nipples pointin to the floor and smuggling smarties in that direction wouldnt be a good look...lol
Anyone know how long roughly before you can start exercising again im getting married in Sept this year and want to keep up as much with my exercise obviously not running but walking and small weights. Also does the scars outweigh how people feel about their boobs ????
Gilly
Gilly
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 22nd February 2011, 1:07 pm

Hi girls, I've had an uplift with implants and know just how you both feel. I too was gutted when I was told I needed one, although my boobs were emptyish, my nipples still pointed forward, and I (and hubby) didn't think they looked that bad. I just wanted more upper pole fullness. My ps said he could just put an implant in, but it would have to be a large one to fill the room that I had, and then I would end up with really big boobs that would end up drooping.

Having the uplift was fine, I was very sore for the first couple of weeks, and even though they were still taped up, the shape was amazing, I was/still am thrilled with the result. Seeing the scars for the first time was very upsetting for me, but it's amazing how quickly they heal. My ps had quite a few of photo's of uplifts that he had done, so I could see the scarring, and some were better than others, depending on how well they'd healed. For me how my boobs look now outweighs any scarring. I went on holiday last year and for the first time in years was able to wear a normal bikini (no padding) and not have to worry about finding the right bra to go with different dresses, because I didn't have to wear a bra dance

As regards to the exercise, I was told to wait 6 weeks. I took it easy when I started back at the gym, just mostly concentrating on lower body exercises and using the treadmill (fast walking not running).

Hope this helps a little.

xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly 22nd February 2011, 3:16 pm

Hi Alfie

Loved reading your comment very reassuring. How long ago did you get it done ? Also how long before swelling calmed down and your boobs felt your own. Im getting mine which are 380 under the muscle on 19th March and away to mexico to get married on 18th Sept. Really hope they have settled and i dont put on weight during recoperation. My surgeon only showed me one pic of a lady that had it done which im sure is prob his best healer with uplift and implants. Guess everyone is different. I know at the start am gonna hate the scars but am just hoping that when i look in the mirror as time goes on i see a gorgoues set of boobies ..lol x
Gilly
Gilly
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 22nd February 2011, 3:37 pm

I had mine done in December 2009.

I was lucky that I didn't really have much swelling and not a single bruise, my surgeon obviously has gentle hands :teehee: I was uncomfortable for a good few weeks, I can't remember exactly how long. I'm sure by 6 weeks they had settled and wern't under my chin. I had overs, so the recovery is supposed to be easier, but I'm sure you should be fine for your wedding. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 23rd February 2011, 12:27 pm

Hiya hun,
I'm in a similar situation as I'm getting married in October this year. I had my uplift done in November and I could easily go on holiday now. It does take longer to heal after an uplift, as someone I knew had a ba done the week before me and they were definitely more mobile than me. The results are definitely worth it though believe me!!
I agree with Alfie the first time I saw my scars I was upset but I've got used to them and they have faded alot now.
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 23rd February 2011, 12:39 pm

ive recently had an uplift, and the first time i saw my scars i was delighted by how well they had healed even after a week. Theyre not always scary.

i prefer my boobs sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more since ive had my uplift <3
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly 23rd February 2011, 3:27 pm

Ooo am loving this site everyone is soooo nice and its brill getting all the info. I got my hospital pack in so have my time etc sooooo excited. Need to get couple sports bras how will i know what size to get as am thinking they will be a bitty swollen and up round my neck ...lol I have had two c sections to have my babies so wondering if the pain and mobility is similar to that or easier to recover from. I think i will be too scared to look at my new boobs in the mirror cause of the scars .... thats the scary part i just hope the scars fade to bring out the best in my boobies.
x
Gilly
Gilly
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 23rd February 2011, 6:04 pm

My surgeon advised me what size sports bra to get hun, I got one size bigger just in case aswell. I've never had a section so I can't compare to that, you will have the dreaded morning boob, this is where you find it hard to get out of bed, your boobs feel heavy and like they're going to fall off. The first time I sat up after my op, I remember shuffling to the edge of the bed(you'll soon get the hang of the bum shuffle) and feeling like I was going to topple over, they felt that heavy. I wasn't in pain, it was more discomfort. You also tend to hunch your shoulders, so you've got to try and straighten up when you're walking, otherwise you end up with an aching back. OMG I hope I'm not putting you off hunni.

Don't worry about the scars, they fade really quickly.
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly 23rd February 2011, 6:34 pm

Babe i laughed at your comment "dreaded morning boob" how funny. Mmm wonder why the surgeon didnt suggest a size may need to buy a few. It says in my pack to buy one with back fastening and M& S seem to be very popular. Im aiming for DD's so may buy size bigger...i will get few funny looks from people they will be thinking "mmm think you should go get measured dear you aint that size"..lol did you rub anything on your scars like bio oil or coco butter ?
Gilly
Gilly
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 23rd February 2011, 7:08 pm

Most of the girls on here recommend you get different sizes just incase of swelling. I just bought cheap ones from asda, my ps said they were fine for the healing process. I just bought better ones after they'd settled down for using at the gym. My ps recommended bio oil, which I did use, I think I was 6 weeks. You can only use it when you're fully healed. Ask your ps hun,he will advise you.

Who is doing your op?
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly 23rd February 2011, 9:29 pm

oh cool i will get different sizes then just to make sure my puppies are under wraps. Yep i will be eager to get back to the gym but will take it so easy when i do go back.

Its Dr Kuna at Transform in Edinburgh man of few words but heard good reports about him so fingers crosses he handles me with care. x
Gilly
Gilly
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 24th February 2011, 1:53 am

I had my uplift and ba in October and I too was devestated when I found out I had to have the lift, in part because of the extra recovery, the extra cost, but most I was terrified of the scars.

I personally found the operation easy and I dont really feel like I had an harder of a recovery because of the lift, as for the scars at no point have they bothered me... I remember getting the bandages off for the first time I was sooooo scared to look at them but when I did I was so impressed by how well they had alreay started to heal.

Now my scars are continuing to shrink and fade, they do not bother me one bit, I am just so incredabley happy with the new shape and fullness my boobs have, I also now know that because I had the lift its like I went back in time and they wont start to sag again for a long time.

I know its scary to think about but truly the lift makes a huge difference to the look of your boobs and the scars are a small price to pay.

xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly 24th February 2011, 8:57 am

Aww i love this site. Its good to hear how everyone has different experiences. I dont think anyone has said that they have regretted it due to the scars. I so cant wait to buy new bras and feel like a woman. With my op being in 3 weeks will things have settled for my hen doo in July so thats a good 4 months. Will i be able to have a spray tan for it to.... i know this should be the least of my worries but always good to know. Also i have a 10 month old baby how long before i can lift her ? I have a 3year old to but sure he will be no problem.

x
Gilly
Gilly
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 25th February 2011, 9:40 am

Gilly wrote:Aww i love this site. Its good to hear how everyone has different experiences. I dont think anyone has said that they have regretted it due to the scars. I so cant wait to buy new bras and feel like a woman. With my op being in 3 weeks will things have settled for my hen doo in July so thats a good 4 months. Will i be able to have a spray tan for it to.... i know this should be the least of my worries but always good to know. Also i have a 10 month old baby how long before i can lift her ? I have a 3year old to but sure he will be no problem.

x

I am a little over 4 months and I feel as though I never even had an operation and I feel like I have had my boobs forever, so you will be just fine for your hens, and definately be able to have a spray. dance
As for lifting your bub, I didnt lift mine at all for 2 weeks and then I just took it easy still after that, like I didnt go out and have to carry him but I would lift him from one spot to another from 2 weeks and by 4 weeks I felt fine.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by belindavictoria 25th February 2011, 9:44 am

I had a BA and uplift 4 days ago. My nipples are 2 inches higher than they were on Monday. Minimal pain. The scars are still bandaged but they look thin- I'm sure they will be barely noticeable with time. I'm happy- I did have severe sagging beforehand though.

Best of luck,

B xo
belindavictoria
belindavictoria
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by jodies651 25th February 2011, 2:28 pm

Hi this is my first post on this site so I am not sure if im doing this right. Bare with me. I am 4 days post op after having ba with uplift and gilly I had Mr Kuna from Transform. I am happy to answer any questions as I know how nervous pre op I was. xxx
jodies651
jodies651
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Auriga 3rd March 2011, 8:35 pm

Hi there
This is my first post on this forum, I've been posting on the March buddies one. I'm getting an uplift and one implant on the 8th, to correct asymmetry. I'm really nervous, but this has been bothering me, well, ever since I developed really.
I was really interested in what Gilly was asking, I have also had a c section and was told in the other forum it's nowhere near that sore. I also have a 17 month old and a 3 year old. It's only now that I'm thinking about not being able to lift them that I realise how often I do lift them on a daily basis. My husband will be here to help the first couple of weeks.
I think I'm more worried about the recovery than the actual surgery itself. I want to be able to lift my babies asap and also to get back to the gym!
(Also have tickets to see the Script two weeks post op, but realise I may be dreaming there :) !!)
Auriga
Auriga
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly 8th March 2011, 4:58 pm

Right i only have 11 days to go before i get my New Boobs.... am so nervous about everything. What if something goes wrong whilst having it done what if my boobs dont look like how i am wanting them to look. What if the scarring is terrible..... oohh so so worried x
Gilly
Gilly
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hazleyez2201 8th March 2011, 5:42 pm

I was told to get a sports bra that hooks in the front. This has helped a lot when getting dressed/undressed. Also you may want to get several zip or button up shirts to wear after your surgery.
hazleyez2201
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 8th March 2011, 5:46 pm

It's absolutely normal to be feeling nervous hunnie and to have all your questions and concerns spinning around in your head, we've all been there and came out the other side and I'm sure you'll be fine too......so please don't worry hun.. Hug
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down