Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long did you wait before having a shower

+10
kittie
Jene
shellymae
xx sharon xx
carol_s
misf1
leslie512
Zzz1981
angbabyxx
kaboobie
14 posters

Go down

How long did you wait before having a shower Empty How long did you wait before having a shower

Post by kaboobie 16th February 2011, 11:53 pm

Same as headline, wondering How long did you wait before having a shower....
thanks girls... my paper they gave me says after day 3 to remove my dressings leaving the steri strips and that i could shower,,,, is this true? that isnt too soon???
thanks
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

How long did you wait before having a shower Empty Re: How long did you wait before having a shower

Post by angbabyxx 17th February 2011, 12:09 am

I didn't have steri-strips, but could'nt shower until dressings had been removed, which for me was a week....and it was heaven!!!!
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

How long did you wait before having a shower Empty Re: How long did you wait before having a shower

Post by Zzz1981 17th February 2011, 12:19 am

I showered after day 4 I really couldn't wait any longer. I just had spare steri strips from the hospital and patted my scars dry then stuck some more on one boob the other one was healing nicely so i didn't bother!

Plus my sister is a nurse and my father in law is a consultant and they both said it would be fine! If you had the big dressings on then I suppose the situation would be totally different and you would have to wait until they were removed if you didn't have anyone to help you remove them!

Everyone gets told so many different things! I have heard of girls not having a bath for about 8 wks post op! Lol

Xxxx
Zzz1981
Zzz1981
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 203

Back to top Go down

Post by leslie512 17th February 2011, 12:41 am

Try 3 weeks. ;( I'm so sad.
leslie512
leslie512
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 17th February 2011, 12:59 am

I was not allowed to shower for 14 days, I had dressings over my scars which were not allowed to be removed, I had an appointment to have my stitches removed on day 13 where they sprayed them with iodine and told me not to shower until the following day. I was not allowed to put soap directly on my scars and was instructed to just let the water run over my scars. I was also told to make sure my scars were completely dry after my shower so I patted them dry with a clean towel, although some people cool blast with a hairdryer. I was not allowed to have a bath/swim (The chemicals in the swimming pool used to kill the bacteria may also kill the good bacteria that your body needs to heal properly) until 6 weeks post op after my check up to make sure my scars were fully closed. I believe you cant soak scars in a bath early on as it softens the newly forming scabs/scars and this can re open your wound
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 17th February 2011, 1:06 am

I was the same as Angie - no steri-strips but I was told that I could shower when I saw the nurse at my 1 week checkup. She told me not to put ant shower gel on them, but it was safe to just let clean water wash over them - and always use a freshly laundered towel to gently pat the area dry.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by xx sharon xx 17th February 2011, 1:11 am

I had a bath after about 10 days,but i still didnt have the confidence to put my boobs in the water till about day 14. This was when i lost my steri-strips
I was advised that this was okay by the nurses who removed my dressings a week after surgery. They said my surgeon had done an amazing job,my incision sites were amazing and it looked like i had had my surgery done months ago!
I was advised to make sure scars were completely dry before putting my compression bra back on and if necessary dry them with a hair dryer...x
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post by shellymae 17th February 2011, 1:53 am

Different Drs different oppinions.lol. The nurse told me 3 days, and then I saw the Dr right before I went in for surgery and he said it was safe to take a shower the next day, I had steri strips on as well.
shellymae
shellymae
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by shellymae 17th February 2011, 1:57 am

I didn't have any dressing BTW just small gauze which I was supposed to replace daily until there was no more bleeding..which was the next day
shellymae
shellymae
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Jene 17th February 2011, 2:17 am

I was allowed in the shower as soon as I felt like it.
Jene
Jene
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 17th February 2011, 2:42 pm

I had the big dressings and couldn't shower until they were removed at day 10. That shower was absolute bliss How long did you wait before having a shower 557141
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 17th February 2011, 9:06 pm

Wow, there is really different options.. goes from day 3 to 3 weeks...
i guess it depends on your incisions and how they heal, and if they have just dissolving stitches or ones that you have to have removed... leslie i hope for you they change their minds and give you the go ahead before 3 full weeks, :O)
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebabe 18th February 2011, 4:39 pm

i had to wait 2 wks cause of the dressings also, allthough i had a shallow bath after one week and just washed by belly downwards,
my boobies are still very tender though and dont like the power of my shower on them so will stuck to baths for a while!
bumblebabe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 694

Back to top Go down

Post by danni 18th February 2011, 5:37 pm

10 Days hun once i had been and seen my ps and nurse had took my dressing off and she said it was fine to have a shower and god did that feel good lol i did have shallow baths just as long as you don't get your dressing wet xxx
danni
danni
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 18th February 2011, 5:46 pm

It does differ from girl to girl and surgeon to surgeon, but always follow the advice of your own PS hun.

I went a week and that was bad enough so I feel for you girls that have to wait longer...it's pure heaven when the moment arrives though!!!!! xx
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by lovestruckromeo 19th February 2011, 7:35 pm

Did everybody wash their hair over the bath with the shower head before they could have a proper shower or bath? Does bending over like that hurt at all?
I wash my hair everyday and wouldn't be able to stand leaving it!!
lovestruckromeo
lovestruckromeo
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 19th February 2011, 7:42 pm

I managed to leave it until Day 3 sweetheart, then knelt down over the bath and used the shower. That part was quite easy - blow drying into a style afterwards was more difficult and took me about 4 times longer than normal as I had to keep stopping and resting my arms.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by clareyd 23rd February 2011, 6:32 pm

i had to wait 2 weeks until i could shower/bath and 3 weeks until i could completely remove the steri strips for good :) xxx
clareyd
clareyd
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down