Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I the only one with doubts?

+7
lindylou22
Alt_Barbie
shelle222
carol_s
melloumaw
Phoebe
xbeautifulx
11 posters

Go down

Am I the only one with doubts? Empty Am I the only one with doubts?

Post by xbeautifulx 13th January 2011, 2:20 am

So I just went on the hospital website where I think I want to get my BA done and was having a look around. Why o why did I do that...I found pics of the room, reception, physiotherapy bit and THE THEATRE sick So now I feel sick and was full of dread at the sight of the operating bed and smiling surgeons!

I started having thoughts of not waking up or been woken up to "there were complications" :tears: I just cannot see me being brave enough to walk to theatre but at the same time thinking of the benefits of the surgery I really want to do it.

Are these fears normal or is it a sign that I'm not ready or BA isn't for me shrug
xbeautifulx
xbeautifulx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 478

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one with doubts? Empty Re: Am I the only one with doubts?

Post by xbeautifulx 13th January 2011, 3:30 am

Update...so it's an hour later and I'm still having cold feet...I have just been going through the post op details page and everyones avatar pics look nice but I keep thinking do I want to do this to my body...having to deal with this for life? So I measured myself and I am a 36B deffo.I put my bra on and put in the chicken fillets and measured again and I was a C...I then doubled them up and I'm guessing it made a D and it wasnt even as big as I thought it was going to be. <------- is that a pre op with boob greed?

So anyway now i feel even worse and confused because I am stressing about what ifs........what if I got it done and found it wasn't big enough etc.

Maybe il feel better in the morning I think better sleep it off....night dolls x
xbeautifulx
xbeautifulx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 13th January 2011, 7:32 am

Perhaps you shouldnt book your op yet, keep doing your research and asking lots of questions, you will know when you are ready x
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 13th January 2011, 8:54 am

don't have surgery until your sure its what you want,fear is normal but if your questioning your actions/reasons then I would hold off for a bit,you need to be certain your doing the right thing for you
Mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 13th January 2011, 9:06 am

I agree with Phoebe and Melloumaw, many of the ladies on here were really frightened by the thought of the surgery and 'going on the table'. However you do need to be absolutely 100% certain that you are sure you want a ba - so maybe hang back a bit and really think this through before you commit yourself. It's not like colouring your hair or radically changing your hair style and then find then find you don't like it, you can go back to your old colour/style, having your boobies done is a lot more permanent and you really need to be sure that is the right thing for you and make you feel considerably better and more confident about yourself.
Take care hunnie, it is a difficult and life changing decision to make and we are all here to hold your hand no matter which way you decide. Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by shelle222 13th January 2011, 10:40 am

Aww Hun, I am soo scared of a General Anaestethic that I had my BA un Local Anaestethetic, but I wanted the BA so much that I was prepared to be awake when my surgeon did it. I agree the the other ladies if in doubt give it a bit longer before you go ahead. You can get this op done at any stage in your life, I am 47 in 3 weeks and had mine done 2 months ago. There is no need to rush in if you aren't 100% sure
shelle222
shelle222
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 13th January 2011, 10:45 am

No matter how prepared you think you are..

Once your at the hospital & they take you down.. Your sitting there waiting to go into the operating theatre all sorts of thoughts go through your head. Its natural for you to have doubts & freak out 'do I really need this'

BUT its sooo worth it.

Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 820

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 13th January 2011, 10:47 am

Aww hun... I have to say I understand exactly where you're come from.

Your concerns about not waking up or waking up to complications are exactly the secret fears that I have in the back of my mind, and I literally haven't ever voiced to anyone, even my OH, until this moment now. I think it's probably really natural to be scared of the op.

Although I agree with the girls that you should be sure you want BA, I also have the same reservations as you about "what am I doing to my body" etc etc... and I also think that your concerns about whether you're going to like the outcome or not are about the most common pre-op concern there is... so I wouldn't say you should let this put you off if it's what you really want...

I imagine that, despite these reservations, you've got this little (but loud) voice, telling you how much you want this and how much you'll prefer your body... but you've got Mr Reasonable and Practical sat on your shoulder trying to talk you out of it...

Listen to Mr R&P, and if you still want your BA, at least you know you are fully informed of both sides of the arguments, that you've considered it carefully, and that you are making the right decision for you! (it's better than going into the op with no regard for the negatives whatsoever)

That's just my opinion anyway, but I've been wrestling with the same thoughts as you so I thought it might help...

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by angelemma 13th January 2011, 11:38 am

It is so normal! I can't imagine anyone who puts themselves in the situation of having an "unnecessary" operation wouldn't worry! I was terrified, even though I have waited 20 years to get it done...but I can honestly say I'd do it again tomorrow if I had the chance. I actually loved the feeling of the anaesthetic and I think once you speak to the anaesthetist you will be so much calmer. They are always lovely and there to toally put you at ease. They explain everything before they do anything and make sure you understand it all and are ok. It's so fast once they do it and you don't have any feeling of being asleep like you would if you were sleeping. That's what we all fear - waking up in the middle, being aware of being there or not waking up. Like the anaesthetist said to me - it's never happened to him or any of his colleagues, and they are there to make sure that doesn't happen!

Try not to let that put you off if you really want it done xxx
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

Back to top Go down

Post by xbeautifulx 13th January 2011, 2:06 pm

Thank you so much to each and everyone of you. I think you have all made valid points. I am not booking it for now because I am waiting for the hospital open day which is at the beginning of march so I can get more of a feel for the place. Even though it more of an information evening I am still going to attend but I don't know what I will learn as I have learned so much about BA over the last week etc.

Additionally to this I finished uni last year, secured a job before Xmas and am still waiting for a start date, so I'm going to wait until I have worked a couple of months before I book it anyway.

Im terrified of the GA and I think all of this anxiety is coming from the prospect of this because I have a phobia for injections and a very low pain threshold...I believe this started from when I was aprox 3 years old something like that and my mom took me to the doctors for an injection and the jerk broke the needle in my arm and had to use his fingers to prize it out. I know it might sound ridiculous or far fetched to say I have a phobia but you wouldn't believe how scared I am of the anethesist putting that thing in me. And then the possibility that I might have to anti sickness meds injected after that.

You might be thinking well if she scared of that how is she going to be cut open...but for some reason that bit doesn't frighten me as much, in fact even though my pain threshold is low I'm not really too bothered about any pain after the op (apart from what I said above and the possibility of drains).

My problem is that is so scared of the injections and stuff I think I am trying to find ways out of having the op just so that I do not have to deal with that part of it. I do want it done and I am hoping that as I am just starting my journey I will be more comfortable with it nearer the time and when I do finally book my consultation the PS is able to make me feel secure.

I just prey I don't appear to be under anaesthetic when I can really hear and feel everything <------- there I go again making these stupid excuses, so ridiculous lol

Thank you all x
xbeautifulx
xbeautifulx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 13th January 2011, 2:19 pm

as soon as i got on the table i couldn't stop smiling,the anaesthetist said tell me when you feel floaty(morphine injection 1st) then we'll put you to sleep.i was enjoying feeling floaty so much i forgot to tell him lol.thats the last i remember until waking up and the 1st thing i asked is what size id got.
its the same as most events,the build up is the worst thing
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post by xbeautifulx 13th January 2011, 2:24 pm

Kind of sounds exciting lol
xbeautifulx
xbeautifulx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 13th January 2011, 6:57 pm

I dont remember any of it. One minute I was taking the needle the next minute I heard here she is look she's waking up...None of that feeling drowsy or anything, I know I dont habe a phobia of needles but of all the things to worry about that wouldn't be it hun xxx
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 13th January 2011, 7:38 pm

I only got serious nerves when they put me on the table for anaesthetic but then I got the needle and felt lovely and floaty with that and the gas. I was so excited I could hardly sleep the night before lol. Only do ti when you're ready hun, you'll know when you're ready for it, maybe you could consider a local anaesthetic as well.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 13th January 2011, 8:08 pm

I'm not sure a local anaesthetic would help lovey as they would have to use needles to inject it there, wouldn't they???
Perhaps they could give you a relaxer beforehand, I had these once before a GA and the tablets make you really drowsy and floaty to such an extent I couldn't have cared less if they had cut my head off, I'd probably have just giggled as they did it LOL
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by sherri9871 13th January 2011, 8:26 pm

When i went to theatre they put the needle (canula)in the back of my hand then put in pain killer, anti sickness stuff then said to me "nows the vodka, let me know when you start feeling it". they then began saying to me just think you are laid on a warm beach with the sun shining down on your face. Bang i was gone.
Its just one needle in the back of your hand that they put everything into.
If you can look away and talk about something you are really passionate about to take your mind off it you will be fine.
You will be fine, nerves are natural. x
sherri9871
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 13th January 2011, 8:53 pm

carol_s wrote:I'm not sure a local anaesthetic would help lovey as they would have to use needles to inject it there, wouldn't they???
Perhaps they could give you a relaxer beforehand, I had these once before a GA and the tablets make you really drowsy and floaty to such an extent I couldn't have cared less if they had cut my head off, I'd probably have just giggled as they did it LOL
xx

Haha carol! That image made me giggle!!

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by xbeautifulx 13th January 2011, 11:37 pm

Thank you dolls.....you have all put my mind at rest a little about the GA....no doubt I will get one of those day where I feel scared again but at least I have this thread to run back to to comfort me x
xbeautifulx
xbeautifulx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 13th January 2011, 11:54 pm

Aww hun, you'll be fine honestly, our nerves tend to get the better of us but the theatre staff in my case were also brilliant and I didn't feel a thing!! I would love to get to sleep THAT quickly every night..... xx
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down