Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this normal

+8
wend
jellytot1
Alt_Barbie
Crystal
sarahdawn31
carol_s
angelemma
heresjojo
12 posters

Go down

Is this normal Empty Is this normal

Post by heresjojo 12th January 2011, 8:23 am

Im on Day 2 this morning .
I slept most of the night without waking but when i went to get up i got a shooting pain through my wound in my right boob ?
my boyfriend had to hold both my hands to get me up and it hurt when walking down the stairs i had to hold them..
I slept with a huge cushion behind my back yet maybe i wasnt as upright as i was supposed to be ?
im so paranoid about getting a infection its stupid .
can please anyone tell me how you felt day 2 ?
as in how your boobs feel and how easy you was getting about etc
Thank you x
heresjojo
heresjojo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Is this normal Empty Re: Is this normal

Post by angelemma 12th January 2011, 8:30 am

Sounds totally normal to me...don't worry and take your painkillers. That's why you have them!

You've had a major op and the ga hasn't left your system yet so you're bound to feel odd to say the least. We all worry about every single twinge but as you start to heal eberything knits back together which is where the pain comes from.

Rest up Hug
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

Back to top Go down

Post by heresjojo 12th January 2011, 8:37 am

My pain killers dont seem to be doing anything :(
Thank you for replying to my post emma i realy appreciate it.
Just every little thing is worrying me x
heresjojo
heresjojo
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 12th January 2011, 8:53 am

Hi JoJo, please try not to worry - as Emma said these shooting pains come and go and you will probably be getting them for at least a couple of weeks. There is also the 'morning boob' syndrome which a very large percentage of girls get when you first sit up upright first thing in the morning so this could be contributing to the sharp pain you are getting. This also passes as your boobies start their long road to recovery. Everything you are experiencing sounds completely normal hunnie Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 12th January 2011, 10:22 am

Yes hun, as Carol has said... you have "morning boob" a very normal and annoying part of being post ba... it will ease over time and eventually go completely. Its normal to worry, I know I did over every little thing I felt. I actually found that I became more uncomfortable around day 3-5 if I remember correctly... but after a week I then started feeling much better each day. xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 12th January 2011, 10:31 am

Hun what you have discribed is totally normal & was actually a very good disciption of what i went through when i had my B.A!

I also needed the hubby to help pull me out of bed for the 1st few days to a week...................its was a big op you had & in effect actually 2 ops! So you are going to get pain hun.

x
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 12th January 2011, 11:13 am

Just to mention, that my surgeon told me off when my dad helped me up by me holding his hands & pulling on them. So maybe try avoid doing that so much. #

Do the bum shuffle lol
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 820

Back to top Go down

Post by heresjojo 12th January 2011, 11:18 am

Bum shuffle hurts :(
heresjojo
heresjojo
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by angelemma 12th January 2011, 11:50 am

Aw Jo I'm sure the pains will improve over the next few days. I felt really miserable days 2-5 I think from the anaesthetic and pain. If it's any consolation, you had overs, so you will feel better quicker! I am 4 weeks now and feel totally normal, am even able to wear a normal (non wired) bra!

xxx
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by heresjojo 12th January 2011, 12:02 pm

i have to change my dressings today and im well nervous about doing it .. i had a peak at my boobs yesterday too for the first time and there huge lol. yet my nipples look big too very swollen .. they will go down wont they ? x
heresjojo
heresjojo
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 12th January 2011, 12:12 pm

Hey hunnie, you've just had major trauma to your chest and everything in that area will be swollen (rib cage, boobies, nipples), but the swelling does subside fairly rapidly provided you can get as much rest as possible (yes, difficult I know when you are constantly propped into a semi-upright position). After a week you will start to feel so much better and more like your old self (but with bigger boobies :heehee: )
I must be honest and say I didn't have a lot of pain from the operation itself, discomfort mainly, but it really did cause me to have a lot of back pain from that sleeping position Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 12th January 2011, 2:25 pm

I wasn't told by the surgeon or nurses in hospital to continue sleeping upright at home - I tried one night sleeping propped up on pillows which aggravated my neck and shoulder problems so much that I went back to sleeping on my neck care pillow (almost flat).

The only downside was when I wanted a drink or to get out of bed I had to sit up from lying flat - luckily I had worked on my stomach muscles and did literally a "sit up" to sit up and I also had a bottle of water in the bed with me to save having to sit up and reach for a drink.

Hope you feel more comfortable soon, keep taking your painkillers and take them on time before you are in pain. xx
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by angelemma 12th January 2011, 2:34 pm

You have to change your own dressings afetr 2 days? Really? I had mine changed by the nurse @ the hospital after 8 days.

Yes it's totally normal for everything to be swollen, esp after such a short amount of time. Try not to worry and relax Hug
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wend 12th January 2011, 3:09 pm

As the ladies are saying, completely to be expected. i was asking questions every 5 mins in the first couple of weeks. I had the squeeky boob (pressed my top part and could hear the fluid under it yuck) morning boob for at least 3 weeks. A build up of fluid sloshing around and sort of tickling my nipples from the inside ( still have a little of that in the right), a really tight squeezing sensation when walking around to long about week 2, numb nipples only ones back. There is so much to change and so much healing but you will get there and be so pleased. Like Agelemma said very surprised your changing your own dressing. Mine were covered with the shower proof plastic till day 9 then changed by the nurse and re covered in plastic for a further 10 day? i too was paranoid about wound infection so i just stayed well away from them and made sure they got no water on them for a good 3 weeks. They have healed fantastically. Happy healing hun and try not to worry but that the pot calling the kettle black lol xxx
wend
wend
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 12th January 2011, 5:16 pm

It all sounds totally normal hun. Morning boob is the worst thing ever but it does go away. My boobs hurt more in the morning that any other time. Just take it easy, take painkillers and try to be patient to let your body heal.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by lilibet 12th January 2011, 5:30 pm

HI Jojo - also day 2 (as you know) feel v stiff in the morning & have different types of pain - somehtimes I have to just stand, put my shoulders back and relax my muscles & pain seems to ease - nurse said not to hunch forward & 2 relaxc shoulders back whenever I can. ALso agree re dont be pulled up by arms - that's usung/stretching your pecs - not good early on - maybe get him to push u up from behind if possible. My wierdest feeling is being spaced out by antibiotics & the stronger pain killers. I have paracetamol & codine during day & stronger one for night which is low release - but seems to make me feel giddy.

Take it easy hun - are you far away from your hosp - is that why u hav to change our own dressings so soon - seems a lot for them to ask you to do??

xx
lilibet
lilibet
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofee 12th January 2011, 8:39 pm

Hi jojo,

im a week post op tomo!! I had the worst shooting pains in my wound on my left boob ever, I thought OMG maybe its come undone..also I couldnt do the bum shuffle my elbows got bruised :( my boobs have gone down alot since last week! still no feeling in them though. happy healing xx
Sofee
Sofee
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 12th January 2011, 9:12 pm

Hi jojo

Everything sounds pretty normal as the others have said, also it does seem early to be messing with dressings I had mine change by the nurse 7 days post op.

you may have shooting pains for a few weeks not constant just once in a while and thats just your body binding back together, with regards to no feeling in your boobs don't be alarmed but that can take years to come back, I think it was about 2 years after my first op that one day I realised I could feel it being touched again and I am now almost four months since my 2nd op and can't feel touch under either of my boobs but nipples are very sensitive.

It is different for everyone as we all heal differently but you will be fine and not worry so much when things have settled down and you can really start to enjoy your boobs, the first new bra feeling is amazing.

Take care x
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down